Kamala... for Prime Minister
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:59:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Kamala... for Prime Minister
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Kamala... for Prime Minister  (Read 2721 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 12:51:28 AM »

Just like the beat, it's time to turn it around!

I, Kamala, am running to be your Prime Minister. As Speaker, I've worked tirelessly to make sure the Commons is run smoothly and efficiently, and helped pass key legislation that has helped the people of Fremont.

I hope this Election Day, it will be an easy choice - that you will pick the hometown gal who's always had your back. That you will pick the woman who has worked with Prime Minister Truman to pass common-sense laws that help everyone. That you will pick the Representative who has pushed through tax rebates, environmental protection, and justice reform. That you will pick the Speaker who's run one of the most efficient chambers in recent memory, passing 9 pieces of important legislation - so far - and will continue that dedication to hard work, fair work, and good work as your Prime Minister.

Together, Fremont, a better future is possible - today!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2017, 12:52:19 AM »
« Edited: November 12, 2017, 01:07:10 PM by Kamala Claus »

Endorsements

Representative Peebs
Representative JGibson
Senator Henry Wallace
Prime Minister Harry S Truman
Fremont House of Commons Representative Cactus
Representative OneJ
Senator Siren
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2017, 07:15:06 AM »

Endorsed, even though you will be #NotMyPrimeMinister.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 01:05:56 PM »

Even though I'm from the Lincoln Region and can't vote for you, you're endorsed for Fremont's next PM.

- Congressman JGibson (Lab-IL)
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 01:12:32 PM »

Endorsed, even though you will be #NotMyPrimeMinister.

Even though I'm from the Lincoln Region and can't vote for you, you're endorsed for Fremont's next PM.

- Congressman JGibson (Lab-IL)

Thank you both!
1978 New Wave skinny trousers
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2017, 11:56:06 PM »

Endorsed!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 02:42:54 PM »

You have my vote and my endorsement, Madam Speaker. For all the respect and admiration I have for your opponent, I am convinced that the vision and leadership I have witnessed first-hand in the House of Commons makes you the best candidate to carry on the programs of the last ten months and see Fremont to still-greater heights of prosperity and happiness.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 04:01:01 PM »

Proudly endorsed, my friend and fellow raging Fremontian commie.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 10:04:57 PM »

You have my vote and my endorsement, Madam Speaker. For all the respect and admiration I have for your opponent, I am convinced that the vision and leadership I have witnessed first-hand in the House of Commons makes you the best candidate to carry on the programs of the last ten months and see Fremont to still-greater heights of prosperity and happiness.

Proudly endorsed, my friend and fellow raging Fremontian commie.

Thank you, everyone! Guess it's time to start a list, huh?

Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2017, 12:15:09 AM »

I’m mad I moved to Lincoln now but at least you won’t be possibly my prime minister.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2017, 12:22:26 AM »

I’m mad I moved to Lincoln now but at least you won’t be possibly my prime minister.

Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2017, 01:35:03 AM »

Get lost, kiddo. Isn't it your bedtime?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2017, 02:21:34 AM »

[Note: Since I think I've exhausted all decent speaking photos of Stephanie Herseth Sandlin, I'm updating my look to someone who's more frequently photographed. Hope you don't mind Smiley]

Campaign stop in Grand Island, Nebraska

"Good morning everyone. How's everyone doing? Good? Then let's get started.

When I was born, not two hundred miles north of here, I never did think I would ever be running for Prime Minister of our great commonwealth. In fact, I didn't think I would ever get into politics at all. You see, my family and I didn't have much growing up. My dreams were small - to get that toy for Christmas, to be able to provide for my family, to not live paycheck to paycheck.

But we all know that no one is destined for greatness. Greatness is earned when one is thrust upon challenges and perseveres.

When I felt that I could better the lives of the people of my community by representing them in the House of Commons, I didn't hesitate to accept the challenge and run. And I won in a landslide.

When I arrived in Denver a freshman MP, I was nominated to be the speaker. I didn't hesitate to accept the challenge and serve. And I've run an incredibly efficient chamber, with countless legislation passed that has helped each and every one of the citizens of Fremont.

When I was notified that Prime Minister Truman would retire at the end of his term, I didn't hesitate to accept the challenge and run to succeed him. And I hope you'll help us win.

The problems that face our commonwealth today aren't simple or small. They aren't going to be whisked away by passing a simple bill or simply relying on the federal government to pick up the slack. And while I cannot say I have the same breadth of experience my esteemed opponent does, I believe the experience I do have is relevant to making life better and easier for you.

[Sigh]

We've all become quite professional here. We've refined politics to palatable soundbites and focus group-tested statements. And, of course, the concepts my opponent speaks of, of 'multipartisanship' and of 'centrism,' of 'principles' and of 'engagement,' are all fantastic. But that's the problem. They're concepts.

If government was only about selling concepts, politicians would be able to sell you the moon and back. But that's not good enough. My opponent is a good man – in fact, he is a great man – but he is not the leader we need.

If we want to see a more prosperous future for our commonwealth and our children, and their children, we must develop a new way of doing politics. A method in which we're unafraid of making bold choices, of fighting tooth and nail to secure what we need, of pushing back against the nay-sayers and those who want to see us fail.

I cannot foresee the disasters and the actions of the future, but I can promise you this:

I will be unafraid to stare down Nyman if any policy they pass harms the people of Fremont.

I will be unafraid to push through necessary bold reforms even if they jeopardize my political future.

I will be unafraid to stand by Fremont even if the rest of the nation commands me to stand down.

A vote for Kamala is a vote for a new Fremont. A Fremont unafraid.

Thank you."
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2017, 11:11:38 AM »

Endorsed!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2017, 12:49:39 PM »

Thank you!

Speech and Response in Duluth, Minnesota

"I'd like to thank the former President for continuing to run an amicable campaign. It's great to see democracy in action play out in our great commonwealth.

If today was one year ago, or even three months ago, I would've told you that my opponent would make a fantastic Prime Minister. The issue is that today isn't one year ago, and our entire nation is in a period of transition. When you have a third-party independent candidate – the former President himself – over take a major-party nominee, when you have two new parties gain a significant amount of members, both elected officials and voter base, you cannot deny that the nation is going through a realignment.

These are the times that try men's souls.

And in a realignment, looking back is the wrong thing to do.

The ideals and concepts that my opponent embodies – multipartisanship, centrism, and compromise – are great concepts, but they are ideals of a bygone era. A time, regardless if we yearn for it or are glad it's over, that is passed. 

It's time to pass the torch to a new generation of leadership.

As political positions and norms are now in flux, now more than ever do we need be unyielding in our pursuit and defense of what we know to be right.

I'll say it here and I'll say it again: Fremont needs a strong, left-wing majority to continue to pass vital legislation that helps every citizen in our commonwealth.

It's why a vital healthcare bill is on its way to being passed. It's why we've expanded crucial transportation infrastructure across the region. It's why we've increased education funding through grants. It's why we've passed bills to help recognize and protect the rich history of our region. It's why we've granted the largest tax rebate in history, allowing for the first steps of wealth distribution, of pulling the poorest out of poverty.

We wouldn't have gotten all that and more accomplished if we had compromised on our values or our beliefs. We achieved that because we refused to back down in the face of adversity, because we were willing to fight for what we know to be right.

In this new emerging political world, it is more important than ever before to have a leader who is unafraid to fight against Nyman, unafraid to make a few enemies if it means passing critical reform, unafraid to stand before the most integral values and beliefs that make Fremont great in the face of compromise.

A vote for Kamala is a vote for a new generation of leadership for Fremont. A new generation for a new Fremont. A Fremont unafraid.

Thank you."
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2017, 01:05:42 PM »

You've gone above and beyond in everything you've been involved in which is kind of a rare trait in these parts sometimes. You've been a wonderful speaker, and I'm sure that you would make a wonderful Prime Minister as well.

Endorsed.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2017, 01:10:35 PM »

You've gone above and beyond in everything you've been involved in which is kind of a rare trait in these parts sometimes. You've been a wonderful speaker, and I'm sure that you would make a wonderful Prime Minister as well.

Endorsed.

Thank you, Madame Senator!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2017, 11:51:34 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2017, 11:54:00 PM by Kamala Claus »

Sacramento, California

"Election Day is upon us, and it's the opportunity to make our voices heard.

I'd like to thank some people for their help on this campaign.

First, I'd like to thank the Prime Minister, for his dedication to the region and for encouraging me to run. Second, I'd like to thank Senator Siren, for her help in running this campaign. And finally, I'd like to thank my opponent, Lumine, for being a worthy adversary and running a cordial, civil campaign.

As you go to the polls, I'd like for you to just think of one question:

Do you want Fremont to continue moving in a more just, more united, and more welcoming direction?

There's only one choice that will continue to look to the future, unafraid of what lies ahead.

Vote Kamala - for a Fremont Unafraid. "

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2017, 12:35:15 AM »

Congrats Madame Prime Minister-elect!

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2017, 12:49:49 AM »

Congratulations, Madam First Minister!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2017, 12:57:47 AM »

Congratulations Madam Prime Minister-Elect! I look forward to continuing to work with you over the course of the next parliamentary term!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2017, 01:08:26 AM »

Kamala at her campaign headquarters in Sioux Falls

"Thank you, thank you everyone! We've shown the world that Fremont is ready and willing to continue on the path of progress.

Who would've imagined that a girl from rural South Dakota would one day become the First Minister of her beloved Commonwealth? I certainly didn't, but we've learned to expect the unexpected, haven't we?

In the history of our great commonwealth we've had our ups and our downs, our times of prosperity and our times of difficulty. But, regardless of the situation, we've never stopped moving forward. And, trust me, our region will continue to move forward, to make life better for the vulnerable, to protect our environment and our civil rights, to fight against injustice and cruelty, to prosper in harmony.

I want to congratulate my fellow members of Parliament, Cactus, Cashew, Rpryor, Pericles, JoMcAr, DFL, and MB298 on their election to Parliament. I invite them to work together to pass any and every legislation that will aid our great Commonwealth.

I want to thank my opponent, Lumine, for his grace and geniality during the campaign. You have been a worthy opponent, and I am glad to see that the democratic institutions in our region are still strong as ever!

I also want to thank the outgoing First Minister, Harry Truman, for his service to his country and to his region. Our Commonwealth has been permanently altered for the better thanks to his steady hand at the helm and bright vision for our future. I wish him comfort and pleasure in his retirement, and the best of luck in any future pursuits.

A speech would not be complete without thanking the most important people in this campaign: you, my supporters. Without you, this campaign would never have been possible. You have always had my back and supported me at every turn, and for that, I am eternally grateful. I hope I will be able to adequately repay you with my service as your First Minister.

Now, let's not rest on our laurels for too long; let's get to work!"

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2017, 10:30:12 AM »

Madam Prime Minister-Elect (or First Minister), many congratulations. It was a rather fun race, and I think Fremont benefited from it. I look forward to your performance as PM!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2017, 08:23:06 PM »

Congrats on being the first elected female Atlasian PM (or equivalent) at the regional level, Kamala.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2017, 12:24:06 AM »

Congratulations and accolades, my friend. I look forward to working with you again. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies