The Office of Lumine (On the Future)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:13:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Lumine (On the Future)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: The Office of Lumine (On the Future)  (Read 12573 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2018, 06:52:17 PM »

I agree with many of Lumine's points about the deterioration of the game but I don't think he has the vision or agenda to be the best for Atlasia. Atlasia needs a strong progressive ticket that will take us into the future and Lumine seems too centrist for me to believe he's the one to do that. I also urge that Labor doesn't give Lumine second place like last time, and that was a mistake for Labor and Atlasia.

Atlasia needs a strong alternative. This alternative may be progressive, but I have yet to see a serious progressive alternative materialize (in addition, I would likely not support one due to my personal views), and here is a strong alternative that has materialized.

There's still time left. And basically the case for Lumine as in October 2017 is he's better than fhtagn. That's not good enough, so you can understand that me and many Atlasians aren't rushing to support Lumine.

Alright, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, there are many Atlasians that don't share this opinion, like me Wink

OK. We'll see what Atlasia decides in February.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2018, 06:53:41 PM »

Pericles or some other lefty is pretty clearly going to run, and I think you'd be better served using your brain (which has knowledge of the game which is always lacking considering how much turnover there is, and also has proven to, similar to mine, generate interesting ideas when motivated) in elected office, and I think the best shot at that is the Senate.

All you've got to do in the past year or so is make campaign speeches and occasional write-ups of ideas, while lots of people in Congress do little in the realm of substantive ideas.

Just my two cents I guess.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2018, 09:07:15 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2018, 09:11:45 PM by Lumine »

Things are moving way too fast today!

Seriously, I decided to get back online for a few minutes and it was a bit of a shock. As it's been revealed there is a serious candidate for the Alliance and that other challengers may arise as well it's clear the situation may not be as critical, or, at least, that people now feel pressed to react.

So on that note, I can happily suspend such an exploratory committee (having made at least some necessary impact) and get back to my candidacy for Senate. I'll continue to make my points on the current state of the game from there.

On a final note, it is more than necessary to pay tribute to outgoing First Minister Kamala, the gods know Fremont will miss her.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2018, 01:31:55 AM »

While we may not agree on a lot of economic or foreign policy positions we need reformed minded senators that are dedicated to improving this game and fighting for real tangible reform that will lead to greater engagement and activity. Endorsed!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2018, 01:43:34 AM »

I too commend you on your plans for reform of Atlasia. This is the kind of forward thinking we need, and if elected President I will enact many of these reforms. I hope we can work together to help restore Atlasia and give Atlasia the change it needs.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2018, 06:15:45 PM »

While we may not agree on a lot of economic or foreign policy positions we need reformed minded senators that are dedicated to improving this game and fighting for real tangible reform that will lead to greater engagement and activity. Endorsed!

Thank you very much, 1184AZ, I appreciate that sentiment! And best of luck in the Governor race.

I too commend you on your plans for reform of Atlasia. This is the kind of forward thinking we need, and if elected President I will enact many of these reforms. I hope we can work together to help restore Atlasia and give Atlasia the change it needs.

Thank you very much Senator! I'm pleased to see candidates take up some of the proposals outlined in my reform plans.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2018, 06:18:22 PM »

Thank you very much, 1184AZ, I appreciate that sentiment! And best of luck in the Governor race.

Thank you very much Senator! I'm pleased to see candidates take up some of the proposals outlined in my reform plans.

Thanks. If you'd like to discuss reform with me further, as this is a top priority for me, I would be happy to have a good discussion and help reform the game.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2018, 01:48:53 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2018, 01:51:13 AM by Lumine »

The Battle Goes On:

1. A New Opponent:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

2. The Labor Manifesto:

3. Looking to the Future

Lumine.

Note: I acknowledge that, thankfully, my opponent also shares a belief in internationalism. But since non-interventionist and isolationist policies are so prominent nowadays, I can't pass up in discussing that particular matter (which greatly annoys me).
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2018, 02:05:34 AM »

I am glad to inform you that your candidacy for Senate has received the official endorsement by the Alliance Party.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2018, 12:01:37 PM »

Not from Fremont but wholeheartedly endorsed!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2018, 03:56:29 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2018, 11:40:08 PM by Lumine »

I am glad to inform you that your candidacy for Senate has received the official endorsement by the Alliance Party.

Not from Fremont but wholeheartedly endorsed!

Excellent news, gentlemen, thank you!

Presidential Endorsement:

The issue of the current presidential election has drawn some considerable doubts on my behalf, as the task of selecting what I believe is the best choice for Atlasia has proven tough and full of multiple considerations. I happen to believe Atlasia is very much on the wrong path (a sentiment a vast majority of Atlasians from left to right agree with) and to pretend the status quo is currently working is a delusion, an irresponsible one at that. I also believe change for the sake of change is not exactly the best way to govern a nation, and a concerted attempt to build a different Atlasia is necessarily not just defined by the White House changing hands.

And upon pondering on my conscience, a decision has finally dawned on me. I will not endorse, preference or vote for* any of the three tickets for the Presidential Election.

This as a sign of personal protest to the apparent consensus on foreign policy on behalf of all three tickets, a shared non-interventionist platform and belief which I disagree with in principle, and which I believe to be misguided when it comes to the particular matter of the Korean Civil War.

The presidential tickets all have their own strengths and proposals I agree with, and are headed by individuals I either respect or have the privilege to count as friends. For instance, I support the President's commitment to fiscal conservatism, I wholeheartedly approve of Pericles's strong support for actual Game Reform, and consider Spiral not only a friend, but a man of profound courage and skill who is more than qualified to serve as President of Atlasia.

This is also not to be misconstrued as a rebuke of the party I am a member of. It is merely a personal statement that expresses my belief Atlasia requires a different foreign policy, and no ticket appears to offer an alternative I can support in good conscience. I'll consider a satiric write-in for Michael Heseltine and Fernando Collor de Mello, but that will come upon further reflection.

Note:
*Statement modified upon personal consideration.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2018, 12:08:05 AM »

Onwards to Victory:

My fellow Atlasians,

Quite a fantastic campaign we've had over the past few weeks, it has been an honest privilege to campaign across this Commonwealth of ours once again and speak up on the issues I'm truly passionate about. Over the past campaign stops I have taken my time to discuss at length important issues for Atlasia that range from the economy to justice, foreign policy and game reform, along with the outlook I desire to bring to the Senate.

The challenge upon us is not a minor one. Atlasia is in need of bold, active officeholders with ideas to improve the situation of our nation, and the passion to fight for their implementation. If, when the smoke clears I am indeed the next Senator for the Fremont Region, I shall endevaour to reward that trust by fighting for meaningful, responsible reform across this country, to speak out regardless of how popular or not one's views might be, to remain vigilant to ensure Atlasia has a more transparent government and our democratic institutions work.

Off to the polls we go, and I encourage all the people of Fremont to go to excercise their civic duty and vote, and ensure participation (always a sign of a healthy democracy) remains as high as it should be.

Onwards we go, to victory!

(I hope)

Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2018, 01:12:33 AM »

Senator-Elect Lumine:

Press Release: After a hard fought battle for Fremont Senate, now Senator-Elect Lumine (certified as winning 68% of the vote) celebrated victory and delivered a speech to supporters at his Campaign HQ in Salt Lake City, Utah.

"The harder match'd, the greater victory:
My mind presageth happy gain and conquest"

(Spoken by Edward IV before the battle of Barnet,
Henry VI Part III, Shakespeare)

Senator-Elect Lumine.
DFL

« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2018, 01:14:54 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. Senator-elect. It will be a pleasure to finally serve alongside you to represent Fremont.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2018, 01:15:27 AM »

Congrats on your Senate victory! I look forward to seeing the amazing work you'll do!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2018, 01:25:38 AM »

Congratulations my fellow Fremont Senator. Great to see you in the Senate doing Fremont proud. I look forward to working with you, and have a great term!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2018, 01:26:06 AM »

There isn't anyone I'd rather see in my Senate seat. I know Fremont will be in good hands with your representation in the Senate. I'm so happy for you Lumine. Congrats!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2018, 10:34:56 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. Senator-elect. It will be a pleasure to finally serve alongside you to represent Fremont.

Thank you, First Minister!

Congrats on your Senate victory! I look forward to seeing the amazing work you'll do!

Madam President, thank you very much. And congratulations on your reelection as well!

Congratulations my fellow Fremont Senator. Great to see you in the Senate doing Fremont proud. I look forward to working with you, and have a great term!

Thank you, Pericles! It will be fascinating to work with you on the Senate indeed. Let's see if the can push for some much needed game reform!

There isn't anyone I'd rather see in my Senate seat. I know Fremont will be in good hands with your representation in the Senate. I'm so happy for you Lumine. Congrats!

Words can hardly express how significant that is to hear, Siren, and I'm sure the Senate and Fremont will miss you dearly. Thank you!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2018, 11:45:28 AM »

Congratulations Lumine, can't wait to join you in the Senate!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2018, 04:32:56 PM »

Taking Office / Running for PPT:

Press Release: Returning to the Senate for the first time since December 2015, now Senator Lumine took the oath of office and announced his intention to run for President Pro Tempore of the Senate, office he had already held in 2014 at the midst of an unprecedented constitutional crisis.

Senator Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2018, 04:41:52 PM »

War in Korea Update:

Press Release: "It is with great pleasure that I congratulate the PRK, the ROK, Japan and the overall Allied forces for a brilliant, historical victory at Pyongyang which will do much to bolster the cause of democracy and a brighter future for Korea away from totalitarianism and the grim tyranny of the Kim dynasty. Their continued struggle and constant efforts to fight back against those who wish to return to a dangerous, violent and ruthless past should be admired across the globe, and more than that, properly supported.

It is painful to see Atlasia submerged in an unrealistic stance of isolation, watching from afar as our allies fight and die for a better, more stable Korea. It is painful to see what we could be doing so much more to help them in logistical, aid and military terms, only for our nation to ignore their plight as if what was taking place in Korea did not concern us. It is painful, and I will continue efforts to make the case for intervention so we finally realize that ignoring this problem will only hurt us badly in the long term.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2018, 10:03:59 PM »

I wanted to name the presiding officer of the Senate the princeps Senatus at the ConCon, but it was voted down; glad to see it back on the table.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2018, 02:00:52 AM »

Endorsed for PPT
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2018, 08:30:01 PM »

"Princeps Senatus"

Lumine in his new Princeps Senatus garb

Press Release: Following a 4-2 vote, Senator Lumine became President pro tempore of the Senate today for the first time since November 2014. Immediately taking office, the Senator announced a number of Senate Directives and then promised to focus on coming Game Reform legislation.

Senate Directives:

Quote from: Restricted

LumineVonReuental, Princeps Senatus.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2018, 08:40:02 PM »

Congratulations Senator!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies