Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2017, 04:37:11 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | |-+  The Office of Former President Lumine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: The Office of Former President Lumine  (Read 1821 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2017, 03:11:21 am »
Ignore

A Public Response

Former President Lumine responds to the latest speech by Speaker Kamala

Press Release: Shortly after his speech on his vision should he become Prime Minister, Former President Lumine briefly responded to Speaker Kamala's latest comments about the candidate best suited to lead.

"At the start of this campaign I stated that Speaker Kamala was to me a worthy political opponent with good ideas, and not an enemy. I stand by that statement, I think this race is turning out to be an interesting one without the need to resort to mudslinging by either campaign, and it is a healthy example of a civilized but not bland, boring or empty political contest. But I would be remiss if I didn't respectfully respond to the Speaker's latest statements, particularly because the matter that has been raised is a very important one for the region. 

Now, the Speaker displays expertice at making a political argument. She skillfully combines personal experience with a negative concept of soundbites in politics, casting the idea that concepts are not enough, that a new way of doing politics is necessary, and that on that account she, not I, is the leader Fremont needs. And I sincerely thank her for calling me a good man, having been on the recieving end of so much abuse over the years it is a rather welcome statement.

I'm afraid, however, the logic is more flawed that one might think at the first chance. First because this is not an issue of concepts and speaking in mere concepts: When I talk about principles and making principled stands, is because I have taken those stands. When I talk of multipartisanship and a good sense of centrism, is because I have been able to work with different parties and individuals during my political career, even when there's personal animosity in the middle. When I talk about engagement, well, is because I have achieved a good level of it in my own times leading a regional government. The reason why I feel it is necessary to discuss these ideals is because they are linked to the past through my political career, the present given our current situation, and the future on account of my vision for Fremont.

It is indeed one of the main reasons why I disagree with the core of the argument that is being made, that I am not the leader Fremont needs. The fact is that I have experience, I have a vision, I have enthusiasm, and nobody can doubt that when I believe a stand has to be taken, I take that stand without hesitation. The gods know how much flak I've taken over the years for standing for what I believe to be right, and I'm still standing, still ready to fight. That resillience is what Fremont needs: a Prime Minister unafraid to take the fight against the problems we face, with a governing vision and plans to deliver on much needed change.

My fellow citizens, you may doubt my vision to be the right one. But doubt not that I stand ready to fight for you and for the region. I believe Fremont has a bright future ahead with myself or with my esteemed opponent at the helm, but I also believe there is a significant difference as to the extent of change, activity and vision that we will see depending on who is elected Prime Minister.

And so, if the question is whether I can be the right leader for Fremont, then I deeply believe I can be. And I hope the citizens of this great region will think so as well.

I shall also look forward to a continued spirited public debate in the days left until the election.
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2017, 09:04:24 am »
Ignore

Naturally I endorse my leader.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2017, 01:15:18 pm »
Ignore

Some Thoughts on Reform

Former President Lumine visits Seattle, WA

Press Release: As the campaign for Prime Minister continue, Former President Lumine spoke to supporters and campaign volunteers in Seattle, addressing some thoughts on potential reform for the Premiership.

"I have a confession to make.

I thoroughly admire the fact that this region has a Parliamentarian style of government. I think it makes Fremont unique, interesting, dynamic and fun, and I think it provides us with different opportunities that we must exploit. As an enthusiast for Parliamentary democracy, I intend to uphold, defend, promote and strengthen this form of government, bringing extra life and enthusiasm into Denver so this region continues to be a beacon of change, of responsible government, of bold leadership and enterprise.

Looking through the history of our region I noticed an interesting fact, the appointment of a Minister of Energy by Prime Minister Truman. While that particular appointment never seemed to go too far, I believe that is an excellent starting point for something different. When I was President I was open to having new positions so long as there were interested people in holding them, leading to a White House which had a Foreign team of several members, a White House Chief of Staff, and so on. I want to combine my experience on this with the opportunities posed by Parliamentary Democracy, and experiment with the concept of cabinet members to achieve further efficiency and activity on what can be achieved from the Premiership.

If there are people interested in serving (and as long as it does not hurt activity in other bodies), I would like to appoint distinguished or new citizens in Fremont to form part of the government in Denver, acting as Ministers for some key affairs. It would be fantastic, for example, to count on a Minister for Justice to strengthen the fight against crime and promote the domestic security of Fremont against terrorism. It would also be interesting to count of a Minister for Constitutional Affairs to revise our Constitution and improve it further, or a Minister for Finance to aid in the economic stewardship of the region. Of course, a single officeholder cannot make an entire region active, but by providing new opportunities and taking advantage of the skill posed by Atlasians of different beliefs and backgrounds I believe we can achieve great things.

Such is one of the new and isolated instances where I believe dual-officeholding has a degree of merit, and so I would be interested in explicitly allowing Fremont MP's to serve as Ministers, and codifying into our Constitution the right of a Prime Minister to appoint those ministers if there is public interest in them (rather than creating rigid offices we may or may not fill). That, I think, can be a good example of useful constitutional change for the improvement of the Commonwealth of Fremont and the expansion of our great Parliamentary system."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2017, 01:15:59 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed. It is a real act of bravery to run as a non-labor candidate in the land of Marxists.

Thank you very much, gentlemen!
DFL

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2017, 04:20:41 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed. New here but already ready for change

Member of the Fremont Parliament (Nov. 2017 -        )
Office of DFL, MP (C's-MN)
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2017, 04:40:37 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed. It is a real act of bravery to run as a non-labor candidate in the land of Marxists.

After being put next to Wulfric in one post, I'm seriously considering withdrawing my endorsement.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2017, 04:44:11 pm »
Ignore

After being put next to Wulfric in one post, I'm seriously considering withdrawing my endorsement.

But Kal, what would Heseltine and Collor de Mello say?

(I did enjoy the my leader, makes me sound rather important)
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2017, 05:14:22 pm »
Ignore

Take your pick

Fmr. Acting Southern Del. The Saint
TheSaint250
YaBB God

P P
View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2017, 07:41:55 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed!

Moderate Republican. No to Trump. No to Moore.

Endorsements:

Governor: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=266044.0
Senate: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=258431.25
President: Mark Cuban (I)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2017, 08:22:16 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed!

Endorsed. New here but already ready for change

Thank you very much!

Take your pick

Sťpia is by far the best choice.
Leinad
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.16, S: -5.39

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2017, 11:31:02 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed! Hopefully you can win!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2017, 12:40:14 pm »
Ignore

What is change?

Former President Lumine tours Utah and goes to Salt Lake City

Press Release: With the race for Prime Minister and House of Commons heating up, Former President Lumine visits Utah and speaks on the subject of leadership and change.

"Good evening, Utah!

My, what a joy to be campaigning again in my home state.

As the election approaches I must say I feel rather encouraged by the activity this race is seeing. We are having frank, civil and detailed exchanges of opinion with my opponent, the race for the House of Commons is heating up, and despite being a new political party, Citizens will be contesting this election in full force, with myself as a candidate Prime Minister and my respected colleagues Rpryor and DFL as candidates for the House of Commons. While the outpouring of support has been significative, I believe this campaign deserves the title of underdog given the political leaning and composition of the Commonwealth, and having often been the underdog in my political race I intend to run an active campaign to win over the citizens of our great region.

Today Iíd like to address the latest speech by my opponent, which I found to be rather interesting, and then make a crucial point regarding this campaign.

The argument being made by the Speaker is that as few as three months ago I would have been the man for the job, but that the political situation has changed thus that we seem to require new leadership founded on a strong, left-wing majority. If you donít mind me making my case, I would note I have been at the center of that process of change. Against major criticism I have I stuck to my belief that the way Atlasia was going was not necessarily the right one, that our political landscape needed change and renewal, and along with Rpryor and many distinguished or newer Atlasian we upset the established political landscape by coming second in the presidential election, and we also lead the way for political change through Citizens, now the third largest party in Atlasia.

And this got me thinking, how do we define change? How can we define doing things in a different manner? What is continuity in government, and what is change? My esteemed opponent chants ďLeft, Left, LeftĒ (so to speak) as if this was the very definition of change, reform, and bringing Fremont into a new era. What puzzles me is that Fremont already has a strong, left-wing majority in Denver, that I fail to see how they have compromised their views that much, and that it is a fact that this region and this nation already leans to the left. Add to that a staunch defense of what has been accomplished so far, and Iím left wondering, whatís the novelty?

I may be an old Atlasian by comparison, my friends, but you know I am not the type of harken to eras long past (I often criticize those who treat political parties as sacred cows, for example). Iíve always tried to keep myself thinking towards the future, and this is not the exception. I donít think working with others is a dead concept at all, just as Iíve been clear Iím not the type to compromise just to be another bland, safe, moderate hero. I want to stand for views that are not often promoted and defended as they should, for a different but proper way of doing things. I want to fight to defend our Parliamentary Democracy and expand it. I want to fight for staunch fiscal responsibility. I want to fight for a safer, and more secure Fremont. I want to defend the necessity of job creation and a pro-growth agenda. I am committed to achieving constitutional reform, and leading by example on activity.

It that sounds like the past to some, well, itís their prerogative, but I just donít see myself as a candidate for continuity on this race. I want Fremont to take a different direction for a better and stronger future. Therefore, you wonít hear me chanting ďleft, left, leftĒ because that approach is precisely what has been done to death on this nation, to such an extent we have had to reset the game or the political parties in the past.

Bold, independent-minded leadership with a different point of view is exactly what the Commonwealth of Fremont needs, to be further invigorated and move to a brighter future. If what you want is a different way of doing things, an alternate approach for Fremont, a leader unafraid to stand up even against political machines and speak on what he believes to be right, you will find on this candidacy a strong case for that."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2017, 12:41:00 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed! Hopefully you can win!

Endorsed!

Thank you to you both, gentlemen! The campaign grows!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2017, 12:42:56 pm »
Ignore

Updated Endorsements:

President Fhtagn (Fed)
Vice-President PiT (Fed)
Former President Tmthforu (Ind)
Former President Dfw (Fed)
Former President Leinad (Fed)
Former Acting President Kalwejt (C's)
Former Vice-President Rpryor (C's)
Former Senator Cris (C's)
Former Chief Justice Oakvale (C's)
SoIA Young Texan (Fed)
Assemblyman ReaganClinton (Fed)
Former Delegate TheSaint (Fed)
Mr. Wulfric (Ind)
Mr. computer09 (Fed)
Mr. SamTilden (C's)
Mr. wxtransit (C's)
Mr. DFL (C's)
Mr. Greedo The Hunter (Fed)
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2017, 05:06:07 pm »
Ignore

I shall keep it as brief as possible. I know Lumine very well from strategic games, and let me be blunt: as a moderator as well as player he screwed countless playable and non-playable parties. Now, why should I say such a thing about my leader? Why, it's simple. A good Prime Minister must be ready to screw enemies of the region. I saw Lumine screwing Russia. I saw him screwing Austria and, by God, it was brutal. I like and respect Kamala, but she just doesn't have a proven record on this crucial field, and we can't afford a PM on job training.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2017, 06:28:19 pm »
Ignore

I shall keep it as brief as possible. I know Lumine very well from strategic games, and let me be blunt: as a moderator as well as player he screwed countless playable and non-playable parties. Now, why should I say such a thing about my leader? Why, it's simple. A good Prime Minister must be ready to screw enemies of the region. I saw Lumine screwing Russia. I saw him screwing Austria and, by God, it was brutal. I like and respect Kamala, but she just doesn't have a proven record on this crucial field, and we can't afford a PM on job training.

Lumine 2017: In your heart, you know he's ready to invade Austria
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2017, 07:19:01 pm »
Ignore

Fighting for a Safer Fremont

Former President Lumine travels across Wyoming, Idaho and Montana

Press Release: Domestic security took center-stage in the Lumine Campaign today as the former President toured Wyoming, Idaho and Montana and put forward some thoughts and potential policies to keep the Commonwealth safer.

"Good evening, my friends!

Today I want to discuss a subject that is rather important to me, and to which I intend to devote a significant amount of time and effort should I be elected Prime Minister: domestic security.

Sadly, the past few months have not been kind to Atlasia in this regard. There have been multiple instances of domestic or event foreign terrorism, cyber threats, issues pertaining illegal immigration and instances which show we are not as prepared as we should be. There are bright spots out there when it comes to fighting terrorism and encouraging domestic security: Lincoln passed the Creation of the Department of Regional Security, and Terror Group Designation Act and the Prime Minister has a Domestic Integrity Act introduced here in Fremont which I think is a step in the right direction. It will do us no good to run away from security issues or take the wrong approach on the matter.

We must be bold, we must be efficient, and we must be prepared to fight crime, terrorism and issues derived from whenever we can, and we can do so without excessive overreach in authority or the infringement of civil rights, always a concern to keep in mind. With that in mind, if elected Prime Minister I would look forward to a comprehensive legislative package and to tackle issues such as cyber crime and cyber security, to ensure the better organization and preparedness of rapid response units and the Fremont National Guard and to see that domestic security is properly funded within a context of fiscal responsibility. I will also seek to repeal or amend what I believe are irresponsible pieces of legislation such as the Commonwealth Police (Procurement Restrictions) Act before they're fully implemented.

In a more executive direction, I won't be afraid to act against crime and terrorism through the powers vested in the Prime Minister by the Constitution. If there's public interest on it, I will seek to have a Minister of Justice that will act closely with the Prime Minister's office, aid in crafting policy, engage in organizational and reform efforts, and help in the decisive task of keeping Fremont safe. The time has come for us to focus directly on bringing crime down and maintaining the security of this region against any potential threat so we do not have to regret attacks in the future we can avoid with some extra vigilance and effort.

Fremont must be a beacon of security in Atlasia, bold and energetic in fighting crime, informed and efficient in preventing threats, and measured and responsible when it comes to respecting civil liberties in that task."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2017, 12:27:53 pm »
Ignore

PR: Foiled Terror Plot

Press Release: Former President Lumine issued a statement from his Campaign HQ upon learning of the foiled terror plot in Los Angeles, as well as the remarks of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

"First and foremost, it is important that we recognize the hard work of our law enforcement officials when it comes to trying to keep Fremont safe. Again and against they've shown skill and dedication and dozens, perhaps hundreds of lives were saved yesterday when the police raided this terrorist cell with apparent connections to FTP. This showcases more than ever the gravity of the threat before us, and proves why we need to empower our domestic security and ensure that police officers have the tools they need to continue fighting terror plots with success.

It is also a very welcome development to see the remarks of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, a very sensible speech which I think most if not all of us Atlasia should appreciate it. One fact common to the Minnesota attack and the failed Los Angeles plot was that most of its participants were illegal immigrants in our soil, who managed to slip-in or gain work visas while attempting to enact their sickening goals. Without resorting to the misguided trap of adopting prejudice against legal immigration and its immense benefits for Atlasia and its society, this shows that we need to take a stronger stance against illegal immigration, border security, and greater oversight of just who enters our beloved Republic and the Commonwealth of Fremont.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2017, 07:24:54 pm »
Ignore

The Election Cometh

Press Release: Former President Lumine returned to Salt Lake City today for his final campaign event, expressing his hope on a strong performance after an active campaign for the Premiership.

Ladies and gentlemen, it has been quite a campaign.

A brief, but not an uninteresting one. We've had a frank and civil dialogue with Speaker Kamala, promoted our own vision for the future of Fremont, saw several candidates of different parties to rise to fight for the House of Commons, and in a general sense, we've given a competitive and very active race to region which I believe needed just that.

I won't bore you with a long speech this time, I just wanted to express that it has been a very enjoyable experience, and that regardless of whether I become the next Prime Minister or whether I lose this race, I have no regrets and find myself rather pleased with the events of the past few days. Hopefully the citizens of Fremont will turn out in large numbers to vote!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2017, 10:37:27 am »
Ignore

Life Goes On

Press Release: Reaching 40% of the vote but eventually losing the race for Prime Minister, Former President Lumine offered a brief concession speech and congratulated the Prime Minister Elect.

Thank you very much for your support, ladies and gentlemen!

Some might be disappointed we didn't win, but in the end it was always a tough challenge and winning 40% of the vote in Fremont is not a bad accomplishment, and not one I feel bothered by. As I've said in the past, I have a great opinion of my opponent and I think Fremont will be well served by her, and so I can stand at ease knowing two great members of Citizens (DFL and Rpryor) are now members of the House of Commons.

Since my return to Atlasia I've ran three times for office, and all of those races have been fascinating. They have ended in defeat, however, and that is a fact not to be ignored. You can only insist so many times, I shall say, before the whole thing turns into satire. So I'll taking a step back from the frontlines for some time and allow myself some needed rest, particularly after being busy with the RL elections in Chile and some other matters that require my attention.

Well, that's it, thanks again for your support!

🎄Dwarven Dragon🎄
Wulfric
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: 1.22

P P
View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2017, 02:45:01 pm »
Ignore

You are in a region that is chronically unwinnable for anyone outside of the Peace and Labor parties, and you honestly deserve congratulations for losing this race by only 20%. Good luck in your next endeavors.

TRUMPISM IS DEAD!!!
---

---
#SherrodBrown2020
https://tengaged.com/user/JasonEldridge

'18 Gov. Ratings: https://tinyurl.com/h35xfkr (10/9: AZ: Lean R --> Strong Lean R)
'17/'18 Senate Ratings: http://tinyurl.com/yb7sxe9a (12/9: TN: Safe R --> Lean R; MN Special starts at Strong Lean D)
'18 House Rating: Lean R (11/7: Strong Lean R --> Lean R)
GM R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.13

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2017, 03:05:50 pm »
Ignore

Congratulations on a well-run campaign, Mr. President.

Early 2000s Metalcore is back
Harry S Truman, GM
Harry S Truman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2017, 06:13:24 pm »
Ignore

You made an admirable campaign and an impressive showing, Lumine; well done. I almost wish I'd given the region two prime ministers when I rewrote the Constitution, so we could have you and Kamala together.

(Also, LOL Wulfric.)

Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2017, 05:08:40 am »
Ignore

The election was very clearly rigged, Supreme Leader. Have you considered requesting legal recognition relating to all people currently or formerly members of the Labor Party - namely, as ineligible to vote and thus the results of this election overturned?

"America now is stumbling through the darkness of hatred and divisiveness. Our values, our principles, and our determination to succeed as a free and democratic people will give us a torch to light the way." - Gerald Ford

"Good speech and good looks covers man's every vice. Plain speech and plain looks covers man's every virtue."

Economic: 1.38
Social: -2.36
keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.77, S: 4.50

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2017, 08:44:48 pm »
Ignore

You are in a region that is chronically unwinnable for anyone outside of the Peace and Labor parties, and you honestly deserve congratulations for losing this race by only 20%. Good luck in your next endeavors.

if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths which are the instruments of investigation in courts of justice ? And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.

PRESIDENT WASHINGTON 1796
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout