The Office of Lumine (On the Future)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:38:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Lumine (On the Future)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: The Office of Lumine (On the Future)  (Read 12521 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2018, 09:03:15 PM »

Thanks for appointing me Deputy PPT. I'm definitely intrigued by your art contest idea.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2018, 09:31:25 PM »

I keep reading Princeps as Princess and thinking you joined the team. Tongue
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2018, 10:10:39 PM »

At least I'm not the only one who was thinking this.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2018, 10:31:25 PM »

At least I'm not the only one who was thinking this.

My, wouldn't that be something! I'd become first female President retroactively, which is not something I ever expected to even consider.

Thanks for appointing me Deputy PPT. I'm definitely intrigued by your art contest idea.

Thank you, gentlemen! While it is meant to be more suited for an NPC simulation, I invite Atlasians who wish to present something to participate as well (such as a collage, a meme, even a drawing). It would be interesting if players explored a more artistic side to the benefit of the game.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2018, 11:05:56 AM »

Chinese Invasion of Korea:

Former President Lumine warns against Chinese aggression

Press Release: After the stunning news that the "People's Liberation Army" of Chine had crossed the Yalu River to invade Korea, Princeps Senatus Lumine delivered another foreign policy speech on Nyman warning of the seriousness of the crisis, and calling the nation to take another look at the ongoing crisis in Korea.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LumineVonReuental, Princeps Senatus.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2018, 03:21:13 PM »

Dismissal of the Deputy PPT:

Nyman, April 3rd:

Quote from: Restricted

While the position of Deputy PPT (or Deputy Princeps Senatus) is certainly a more symbolic one than a practical one unless absences are involved, the position also involves trust in the capacity and the integrity of the Senator who holds the title. In this particular context, it was offered to fellow candidate LouisvilleThunder both out of trust and in the best interests of uniting the Senate following a competitive election and recognizing the importance of a civil, open institution.

Following a set of events which involve Deputy PPT LouisvilleThunder and that in my (strict and purely personal) opinion demean his office as a Senator, I have concluded that I can no longer rely on or trust him. Having also discussed things with him, and following some personal reflection, I have decided the Senator is hereby dismissed as my Deputy. I have no desire to publicly air an affair which may do more harm than good, but I'm also unwilling to tolerate a certain type of behavior I have no intention to condone so long as I am Princeps Senatus.

I'll be appointing a new Deputy PPT later this week, the other Senators are of course encouraged to apply should they desire the position.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2018, 06:18:44 PM »

Dismissal of the Deputy PPT:

Nyman, April 3rd:

While the position of Deputy PPT (or Deputy Princeps Senatus) is certainly a more symbolic one than a practical one unless absences are involved, the position also involves trust in the capacity and the integrity of the Senator who holds the title. In this particular context, it was offered to fellow candidate LouisvilleThunder both out of trust and in the best interests of uniting the Senate following a competitive election and recognizing the importance of a civil, open institution.

Following a set of events which involve Deputy PPT LouisvilleThunder and that in my (strict and purely personal) opinion demean his office as a Senator, I have concluded that I can no longer rely on or trust him. Having also discussed things with him, and following some personal reflection, I have decided the Senator is hereby dismissed as my Deputy. I have no desire to publicly air an affair which may do more harm than good, but I'm also unwilling to tolerate a certain type of behavior I have no intention to condone so long as I am Princeps Senatus.

I'll be appointing a new Deputy PPT later this week, the other Senators are of course encouraged to apply should they desire the position.
Of course, everyone knows my bias regarding LouisvilleThunder., but I feel as though this was more based on personal insult then anything else. Could you at least give a reason for his firing besides his insulting of you? I think you need to prioritize the atlasian people and not your feelings.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2018, 06:22:31 PM »

PMasta, I believe this may be the reason LT was fired.

That's just a hunch though.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2018, 06:24:00 PM »

PMasta, I believe this may be the reason LT was fired.

That's just a hunch though.
oof.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2018, 07:07:43 PM »

Of course, everyone knows my bias regarding LouisvilleThunder., but I feel as though this was more based on personal insult then anything else. Could you at least give a reason for his firing besides his insulting of you? I think you need to prioritize the atlasian people and not your feelings.

I didn't wish to be too explicit on the matter because I believed that airing things in this case would probably distract us from the duties of government. I also hoped LouisvilleThunder would be able to react in a mature way after our conversation, and it is both shocking and aggravating to see that he would much prefer attempting a hamfisted political ploy to depose me from an office which I hold by democratic vote, and which apparently he feels entitled to.

Insults I can take (hell, I've been on the receiving end of much worse things that what LT dishes out), but what originally set off the alarms was the confirmed fact that he had blatantly lied about Senate procedure in Discord to justify his own vote for Pericles's bill, casting the blame solely on me despite not being any truth to his rather irresponsible claims, essentially turning me into his scapegoat for his own decisions. He then basically admitted to having been part of a corrupt bargain as a Senator, argued the matter was not worth being fired for, said he would respect my decision and offer support for me as PPT.

And now I learn that even after that he is openly planning to depose me for no other reason that feeling entitled to be PPT.

To me it seemed unmistakably clear that if I could not trust my own Deputy not to knife me in the back in a place in which I am not present and turn me into a scapegoat, and if that same Deputy appears to possess some rather questionable standards when it comes to the dignity of his office, then said person simply has no excuse serving in a position of trust. That is why I fired LouisvilleThunder, and while I fully intended to remain discreet about it I believe that latest screenshot by Not_Madigan not only reaffirms my decision, but entitles me to be vocal about what happened.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2018, 04:40:35 AM »

There's a reason that the leader of the Senate is never voted simply along party lines; because the role has no intrinsic party value.

Unless the Senate rules have dramatically changed since I last served, you can't hold up votes, you don't assign committee seats and you don't have any actual power. Labor never got rid of Yankee as the House Speaker when we had 5 seats because we knew that he was doing a good job.

But Altasia will always have people wanting to do this type of crap to raise themselves up the next rung on the ladder.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2018, 03:03:41 PM »

Lumine,
Have you amended the rules to make the position of deputy PPT? If not it would have violated the rules as the dean of the senate would be the acting PPT in case of absence or vacancy.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2018, 03:54:01 PM »

Lumine,
Have you amended the rules to make the position of deputy PPT? If not it would have violated the rules as the dean of the senate would be the acting PPT in case of absence or vacancy.

It was something I insisted on because the Dean provision was not invoked in either the Senate, nor the House to take over when Never vanished from December 9th -22nd 2016, or when Clyde disappeared for almost all of December and early January.

Therefore I insisted on an appointed Deputy to be created as part of the rules, when Never and I amended them in March 2017, and PiT and Scott carried the same thing over to the Senate.

So yes, the Deputy is in the rules and yes there is a duplicative clause right beneath it, concerning the Dean. Both chambers have had them for over a year.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2018, 03:58:15 PM »

It would seem there is a slight difference. It seems the Senate removed the clause 4 above in the House section. So yea the Dean doesn't appear to have power to assume the roll of PPT anymore.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2018, 07:35:09 AM »

I don't blame you for firing LT Lumine. Holy potatoes - I bet you didn't realize the Senate would actually go full Rome when you made the name changes!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2018, 06:50:43 PM »

I don't blame you for firing LT Lumine. Holy potatoes - I bet you didn't realize the Senate would actually go full Rome when you made the name changes!

And here I thought it was just symbolic, I didn't expect to be turned into Caesar!

It will take more than the edgy teenagers who think they own the place to bring me down, thankfully (not to mention LT is no Brutus)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2018, 11:37:29 AM »

A new Deputy PPT:

Nyman, April 15th:

Following some contemplation and consideration of potential candidates, I have finally been able to fulfill my duty to appoint a Deputy PPT. The chosen Senator has been my esteemed and respected colleague Not Madigan, who I believe has impressed a lot of us by being an effective, responsible Senator while in office and who is also one of the rising stars in Atlasia. I think we should always strive to encourage and support those newer generations who rise up in office, and I feel the Senator is someone I can both respect and trust to fulfill my duties should anything unexpected arise.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2018, 11:39:35 AM »

Thank you Lumine.  I'll work to the best of my ability to keep your trust and make sure I can take on your duties if needed.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2018, 11:56:02 AM »

What a surprise to see some good old partisan hackery from you, Lumine! You fired me over rumors of me insulting you, and now you have chosen someone to replace me who will be more useful in implementing your own personal agenda. I resisted the temptation of removing you as PPT even though I had the necessary votes to do so because a partisanly elected Senate would set a dangerous new precedent for the country. You claim to be working for the greater good of the country, but really you are just trying to intentionally harm it with these unnecessary reforms just because you are bored with the game these days.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2018, 11:58:46 AM »

Wonderful choice, Mr. PPT! Madigan will do a great job!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2018, 12:36:41 PM »

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2018, 09:10:16 PM »

Senate Rules Reform:

Princeps Senatus Lumine reacts to recent corruption scandals in the Senate

Press Release: Disappointed and concerned about the uncovering of blatant corruption by Senators Pericles and LouisvilleThunder, the Princeps Senatus made good on his promise to reform the Senate Rules to both address the succession to a PPT and introduce the concept of Censure.

LumineVonReuental, Princeps Senatus.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2018, 10:58:27 PM »

I will certainly be pursuing similar provisions on the House side.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2018, 11:08:45 PM »

I will certainly be pursuing similar provisions on the House side.

I would support this.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2018, 11:30:59 PM »

We already have the succession part in place:

so we just need to add the no confidence process for that one anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies