Atlas Star: Federalist primary debate commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:54:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas Star: Federalist primary debate commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas Star: Federalist primary debate commentary thread  (Read 628 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »

Debate Commentary thread

All citizens are welcome to post reactions, comments or other commentary surrounding this weekends Federalist Presidential primary debate in this thread. I wish the best of luck to both President fhtagn and Former Justice/Senator Oakvale. I will post the actual debate thread in a short moment.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 10:22:12 AM »

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »

I notice fhtagn has decided to defend the status quo. Seems everything is fine: the constitution, the GM, health care bill, the regions.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 11:15:47 PM »

I notice fhtagn has decided to defend the status quo. Seems everything is fine: the constitution, the GM, health care bill, the regions.

All three regional gov'ts are functional, which historically was not the case.  The GM is active and the administration is responsive to it. The SoS and SoIA are actively working on administration priorities. The Congressional administration is functional and the VP is both active and intimately involved in ensuring that is the case, and as for the Constitution, well if the some total of its parts are functional then clearly a good portion of the document must be good.

The Healthcare bill empowered the regions and downsized the bureaucracy in Nyman, while still ensuring that no one is left to die in the streets. There are subsequent matters that will need to be addressed, as I said repeatedly in the debate that multiple problems will need to be fixed requiring multiple bills, for if we had tried to do it all at once then your buddy would be decrying complexity as the convenient straw man like he was doing 4 years ago.

There is room for improvement, but the idea that a government that is far more functional then any I have seen in 8 years in this game, is a crisis desiring of "radical reforms" sounds more like the crys of out of touch has been who have not been in Atlasian Gov't for close to 2 years and is describing a scene out of a past that has little to no bearing on the state of things to today.

For past 4 years, we have seen this same attempt to peddle a solution in search of problem warranting such and if it was the case that so dire a circumstance as 2015 was deemed insufficient to justify such a reaction, then it is patently ridiculous to come in an wreck the most effective Vice Presidency, most effective Cabinet, most effective Game Moderation team, and most functional regional situation, in name of trying to justify extreme measures.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 12:01:25 AM »

As someone who was intimately involved in both the 2014 and 2017 Healthcare laws, I can explain why there is a public option in there. Ironically, its him.

The reason there is a public option in the Reforming and Regionalizing Healthcare Act, and one was present in the Reforming Public Healthcare Act of 2014, was to deal with the complaints that would be raised that "OMG Regions suck, you cannot trust them, what if they don't do their job, people will die..." we had heard from the radical camp (including Oakvale for many years) so often to justify their anti-regionalism. Secondary to that, was that having it has a fall backed, allowed people to consider and be willing to support eliminating Medicaid, Medicare, VA, Tricare and all the other disparate gov't healthcare programs and consolidate them into one and reduce the size of the Federal bureaucracy. This is far more "Conservative" then anything the RL Freedom Caucus will pontificate on for years while not accomplishing a damn thing. This is the biggest transition of power back to the regions and biggest consolidation and reduction in the size of the Federal Gov't ever and you know I do appreciate Oakvale at least saying in public that he applauded the model.

I would note that the 2017 bill, unlike the 2014 one, the public option is optional for regional governments. A region could vote to not include it on their exchange for the individual market. Now it will still be available for seniors, vets, etc as the successor to Medicare, et al. But the Regions can opt to have their own regionally administered public option. They can go with co-ops, they can go with all private sector, or some combination to serve the individual market. The Regions have a wide degree of latitude on the regulation side ranging from having a monopoly to wide arrange of options, having a mandate to not having a mandate.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 12:12:44 AM »

Hi guys, just checkin in!

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 06:28:54 PM »

sounds more like the cries of an out of touch has been who have not been in Atlasian Gov't for close to 2 years and is describing a scene out of a past that has little to no bearing on the state of things to today.
It seems our dear friend, reflecting on his failed war against the people he branded "out-of-touch dinosaurs" two years previous, has resolved to, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." His criticisms would have carried some validity then, before the policies he complains of were all repealed by the reset. As it is, the honorable justice is left to grouse over laws that have not been on the books in more than a year. Perhaps next we will hear his position on free silver!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 06:42:27 PM »

sounds more like the cries of an out of touch has been who have not been in Atlasian Gov't for close to 2 years and is describing a scene out of a past that has little to no bearing on the state of things to today.
It seems our dear friend, reflecting on his failed war against the people he branded "out-of-touch dinosaurs" two years previous, has resolved to, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." His criticisms would have carried some validity then, before the policies he complains of were all repealed by the reset. As it is, the honorable justice is left to grouse over laws that have not been on the books in more than a year. Perhaps next we will hear his position on free silver!

I had wondered what he meant when he kept going on about "cabinet fanfiction" because that was probably the most mind boggling thing he said. Then he finally clarified what meant in his latest response. He is referring to when the Game Moderation Team, included the Secretary of External Affairs (SoS now) and Secretary of Internal Affairs and they had story generation power within their department.

Of course this was dispensed with in June 2016 as part of the reset, and wisely so. It was something I had opposed from the beginning (I believe it started in 2011 or 2012) because it creates a situation where you are responding to yourself which creates the "self-glorifying Fanfiction" he talks about. But is completely irrelevant to today's cabinet.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 01:31:04 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 12:45:47 AM »

You know Mr. Reactionary, through my hard day at work I found myself thinking of your signature and it put a smile on my face for some reason.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 01:11:10 AM »

Nice cock.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »