Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2018, 08:48:40 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, Hash)
| | |-+  Ontario 2018 election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] Print
Author Topic: Ontario 2018 election  (Read 92546 times)
jaichind
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2400 on: June 07, 2018, 11:11:25 am »

Is not LIB getting to 8 seats a key threshold ? If LIB does not get to 8 seats then they will not achieve official party status and as a result if no party has a majority then it would be simpler to NDP to poach some of the LIB MPP to get to a majority.  If LIB get about 8 then it will have to be a party-to-party deal between NDP and LIB.

Chinese from Taiwan Province.  Now in New York City suburb of Scarsdale.  Ex-GOP now Libertarian.
The important thing is not how they vote but how we count.             - Stalin
DabbingSanta
Canada

« Reply #2401 on: June 07, 2018, 11:21:23 am »

lol liberals are center? they funding sharia schools. thats far right even in muslim world.

What
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2402 on: June 07, 2018, 11:33:26 am »

Here's a present

http://canadianelectionatlas.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @EarlWashburn
Fmr. Assemblyman Njall
Njall
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #2403 on: June 07, 2018, 12:33:25 pm »

For anyone paying attention, Election Prediction Project's final "projection" is out: 66 PC, 49 NDP, 8 OLP, 1 GRN. Only three changes since yesterday:

Ottawa South: TCTC -> OLP
Sault Ste. Marie: TCTC -> NDP
Scarborough-Guildwood: OLP -> PC
Oryxslayer
YaBB God

« Reply #2404 on: June 07, 2018, 12:52:00 pm »

EKOS, aka Hatman's official prediction mapped. The takeaway methinks is the near absolute Tory sweep of the 905.

I now have a Twitter for my maps: https://twitter.com/OryxMaps
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2405 on: June 07, 2018, 12:53:53 pm »

I mapped it too, but thanks! Smiley

http://canadianelectionatlas.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @EarlWashburn
DC Al Fine
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2406 on: June 07, 2018, 04:38:55 pm »

Which website has the best results map? I'm not that impressed with CBC's.
Mike88
YaBB God
Portugal

« Reply #2407 on: June 07, 2018, 04:46:19 pm »

I've found these two:

https://www.thestar.com/news/ontario_election.html

http://windsorstar.com/tag/2018-Ontario-Election
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:50:03 pm by Mike88 »Logged
#TheShadowyAbyss
LibertarianRepublican
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2408 on: June 07, 2018, 04:47:37 pm »

This one is best imo

https://globalnews.ca/news/4257183/ontario-election-results-2018/

MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2409 on: June 07, 2018, 05:01:47 pm »

No result from Essex until 9:20PM, from Simcoe North and Bay of Quinte until 9:25PM and from York-Simcoe before 11:25PM due to various polling station being closed.
Holmes
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #2410 on: June 07, 2018, 05:06:25 pm »

No result from Essex until 9:20PM, from Simcoe North and Bay of Quinte until 9:25PM and from York-Simcoe before 11:25PM due to various polling station being closed.

Annoying, but Bay of Quinte is the only interesting one of this batch.

DC Al Fine
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2411 on: June 07, 2018, 05:26:34 pm »

This one is best imo

https://globalnews.ca/news/4257183/ontario-election-results-2018/

Thank you
Khristie Kreme Donuts
interstate73
YaBB God

« Reply #2412 on: June 07, 2018, 05:34:28 pm »

I will confess, a big part of my interest in this race is because of my own personal quest for bragging rights. My best friends at college lives in Mississauga, and I stayed at his house for Canada 150 last year, and we went into Toronto, got well and smashed, and then I started spouting off in the streets about how “Horwath will be Premier!” And when Doug Ford won the PC leadership, I suggested to him there could be room for the NDP to sneak up the middle between an unpopular Ford and hated Wynne, and he immediately shut me down, saying there was absolutely 0 chance, then when I tried to explain my rationale, he got mad at me for “acting like I knew [his] province better than [him].” So if the NDP does pull it off tonight, in addition to seeing a victory for a party very close to my own ideology, I’ll get to gloat too Tongue

Btw, the last batch of polls has seemed like a herding... very well may be wishful thinking, but I’m not buying the sudden last-minute PC swings, especially when other polls had the NDP on the rise in the last few days and Abacus’ last poll had the NDP up 4. Between that, Kenatagate, and what I suspect will be the deathbed conversion of many would-be Liberal voters to the NDP to stop Ford, I’m still predicting a narrow NDP win, but it’s gonna be a long night and it may be a few days before things shake out fully.

DC Al Fine
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2413 on: June 07, 2018, 06:07:33 pm »

I will confess, a big part of my interest in this race is because of my own personal quest for bragging rights. My best friends at college lives in Mississauga, and I stayed at his house for Canada 150 last year, and we went into Toronto, got well and smashed, and then I started spouting off in the streets about how “Horwath will be Premier!” And when Doug Ford won the PC leadership, I suggested to him there could be room for the NDP to sneak up the middle between an unpopular Ford and hated Wynne, and he immediately shut me down, saying there was absolutely 0 chance, then when I tried to explain my rationale, he got mad at me for “acting like I knew [his] province better than [him].” So if the NDP does pull it off tonight, in addition to seeing a victory for a party very close to my own ideology, I’ll get to gloat too Tongue

Btw, the last batch of polls has seemed like a herding... very well may be wishful thinking, but I’m not buying the sudden last-minute PC swings, especially when other polls had the NDP on the rise in the last few days and Abacus’ last poll had the NDP up 4. Between that, Kenatagate, and what I suspect will be the deathbed conversion of many would-be Liberal voters to the NDP to stop Ford, I’m still predicting a narrow NDP win, but it’s gonna be a long night and it may be a few days before things shake out fully.

You need to do something more wholesome when drunk... Like calling you ex.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2414 on: June 07, 2018, 06:11:28 pm »

I've come to think of said "dreary DATA driven projections" as a little like the psephological equivalent of talking GPS: it may "get you there" (seemingly), but it's no match for well-tuned navigational skills--or what London taxi operators call "The Knowledge".  It's an easy crutch; that's it.

Yes. And the thing is, when an election is fluid as this (especially given the possibility of all sorts of freakish results on low poll shares...) if the data-driven projections are right it won't be because of their inherent accuracy, but luck...

Khristie Kreme Donuts
interstate73
YaBB God

« Reply #2415 on: June 07, 2018, 06:40:16 pm »

You need to do something more wholesome when drunk... Like calling you ex.

Yeah it was a very nerdy drunk thing to do lol, but don't worry I've done that as well Smiley

Representative MAINEiac4434
MAINEiac4434
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

P P
« Reply #2416 on: June 07, 2018, 06:49:15 pm »

Is CBC (or some other channel) going to do coverage tonight? Gonna need a stream if that's the case.

Fremont Speaker ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

P P
« Reply #2417 on: June 07, 2018, 07:02:21 pm »

Is CBC (or some other channel) going to do coverage tonight? Gonna need a stream if that's the case.

CBC has a Youtube stream, I don't know if it'll work in the US though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY14V2CgDNI

WULFRIC PROJECTION:

U.S. House District 6
Democratic Primary Runoff

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   
Kevin Abel
26,735   53.9%   

Lucy McBath
22,883   46.1   
49,618 votes, 89% reporting (184 of 207 precincts)

Oryxslayer
YaBB God

« Reply #2418 on: June 07, 2018, 07:03:24 pm »

CBC has a Youtube stream, I don't know if it'll work in the US though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY14V2CgDNI

The link works for me in DC.

Also, if you happen to be close to the border you can catch canadian broadcasting on the TV apparently.

I now have a Twitter for my maps: https://twitter.com/OryxMaps
Representative MAINEiac4434
MAINEiac4434
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

P P
« Reply #2419 on: June 07, 2018, 07:22:32 pm »

The link works for me in DC.

Also, if you happen to be close to the border you can catch canadian broadcasting on the TV apparently.
I'm not in that part of Maine.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout