Rapper Hangs White Child in Video
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:07:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rapper Hangs White Child in Video
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rapper Hangs White Child in Video  (Read 2353 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 08:35:04 PM »

1. XXXTentacion is trash. Anything he does should immediately be considered irrelevant.
2. Anyone who gets mad at this and not at the fact that an 8 year old biracial child was almost lynched by a group of white children in America in 2017 is also irrelevant and trash.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 10:11:19 PM »

It's art (using the term rather loosely here), not an actual hanging. There's no point getting hung up over it. I should note as a disclaimer though that lots of the songs I listen to are much more shocking than this stuff.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2017, 10:23:01 PM »

It amazing me that some people get more outraged over fiction than they do reality.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 12:00:20 AM »

1. XXXTentacion is trash. Anything he does should immediately be considered irrelevant.
2. Anyone who gets mad at this and not at the fact that an 8 year old biracial child was almost lynched by a group of white children in America in 2017 is also irrelevant and trash.

I mean, to be fair, his album '17' is pretty good though (the music video in question is not for a song from that album). But, overall, he's certainly an awful person. He went to prison for assaulting his pregnant girlfriend and nearly killing her. The lyrics of the song for that music video, "Look at me," include verses talking about putting a hole in a girl's parents, calling her a b****, and how he'll f*** her throat. So, the fictionalized lynching of a white child is hardly the most offensive aspect of that intentionally provocative song.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies