October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:19:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Author Topic: October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results  (Read 19541 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2017, 07:39:05 PM »

I am declaring for another term as Federalist Party Chairman.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2017, 07:48:06 PM »

Below represents the most substantial rewrite of the platform in the history of party. Large portions of the current one date from the 2012 Whig Party Platform and had a major revision in 2014, but has been unchanged since this. This represents a condensing down of the mission statement, which we still preserve the basic tenets of, and reducing the main platform planks to broad principles that the candidates can fill in with specific proposals.

This was a 5:00 AM special with myself, Leinad and dfw working on it when we should have been asleep. I would like to open the floor to potential amendments. If there is a lot, I will delay the election this weekend to accommodate it.

But for now I offer the following as the underlying text for discussion to be voted on tentatively this weekend and open the floor to amendments to the same.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2017, 07:50:16 PM »

Declaring for Vice Chair
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2017, 07:56:31 PM »

I propose the following amendment.

Amendment #1:

I. Membership
1. Eligibility. All members registered as Federalists with the Registrar General shall be granted membership in the Federalist Party. Only members registered 72 in the Federalist party after the convention begins may vote in party primaries.
2. Expulsion. A member may be expelled from the party by majority vote if that member behaves in such a way as to the detriment of the party. Requests for an expulsion vote must be seconded.

II. Leadership
1. Leadership positions. The national party leadership shall consist of three officers: chair, vice chair, and secretary. All members holding these offices must be registered members of the Federalist Party of Atlasia.
2. The Chair. The chair shall be the executive leader and chief spokesperson of the party, as well as oversee all GOTV efforts.
3. The Vice Chair. The vice chair shall assist the chair in providing executive leadership. The vice chair shall become chair in the event of a vacancy. The vice chair shall also serve as the chair of the convention.
4. The Secretary. The secretary shall be responsible for maintaining an up-to-date list of all party members and maintaining a calendar of events for the party. These events may include, but are not limited to, leadership elections, primaries and endorsement deadlines, and national conventions. The secretary is appointed by the chair to serve a four month term bracketed by leadership elections.
5. Leadership Elections. The chair and vice chair shall be elected every four months. These elections shall be run concurrently for three (3) days in February, June, and October. Leadership elections for the chair and vice chair shall occur after party members have had ample time to declare their interest in a position. The elections shall occur by public instant-runoff vote (IRV).
6. Leadership Vacancies. Vacancies may be deemed to have occurred if party leaders resign, lose the confidence of the party by majority vote, or have not posted within the Atlasia sub-boards for two (2) weeks or more. In the event of a vacancy in the office of secretary, the chair shall appoint another member to the office. In the event of a vacancy in the office of vice chair, members shall have ample time to declare their intention to run for the vacant position. After that time, the chair shall hold an IRV election for the vice chair position, to last three (3) days. In the event of a vacancy in the office of chair, the vice chair shall become chair of the Federalist Party, unless he wishes to remain in his current position. In that case, an election for chair will be held.
7. Succession Snafus. In emergency situations where both the chair and vice chair positions are vacant, the secretary shall be responsible for running concurrent elections for both offices. In the event that all leadership positions are vacant, the most senior member of the Federalist caucus in the senate shall have the authority to run leadership elections. If there is no Federalist senator, this responsibility shall fall to the most senior Federalist regional executive.
8. Regional Chair. At his or her discretion, the chair may appoint up to one regional chair per region for the purposes of laser-targeting, recruitment, get-out-the-vote (GOTV) operations and other party activities. Regional chair will also have the authority to run endorsement votes for elections in their region.

III. Endorsements and Primaries
1. Endorsing non-Federalist candidates. If numbers permit the Federalist Party to endorse non-member candidates, candidates seeking the party’s endorsement can submit their names for consideration in the Federalist Party’s main thread or at a party convention. Alternatively, Federalist Party members may move to endorse candidates from other parties. An endorsement vote shall thereafter be held, the logistics of which shall be at the discretion of the party executive. The party shall not be required to endorse any non-Federalist candidates. The number of non-Federalists endorsed by the party must not conflict with the maximum candidates endorsed in a given race, as stipulated in section III, subsections 2-7.
2. Regional legislature elections. All Federalist candidates running for regional legislature positions shall automatically receive the endorsement of the Federalist Party. If the total number of open seats in a regional election is larger than the number of declared Federalist candidates on the first Friday prior to the vote, the party may endorse candidates from non-Federalist Parties. The number of non-Federalist candidates endorsed will reflect the difference between the number of Federalist candidates and the number of available seats.
3. Currently, a maximum of five candidates may be endorsed for the House of Representatives. If the Federalist Party has more than this number of incumbent representatives seeking re-election, each of the incumbents may still receive the endorsement of the party. If, on the first Friday prior to the election, the number of declared Federalist candidates is equal to or less than the maximum number of endorsements, no primary election shall be held and those candidates shall automatically receive the endorsement of the Federalist Party. Any Federalist candidates entering the race after this time shall not enjoy the party’s official endorsement. If, on the first Friday prior to the election, the number of declared Federalists is larger than the maximum number of Federalist endorsements, a primary election shall be held. The election shall run for three (3) days and shall be decided by public IRV. If the number of declared Federalist candidates is less than the maximum number of endorsements, non-Federalists may receive these remaining endorsements.
4. Regional executive elections. In elections for the office of regional executive, only one candidate in each region shall receive the party’s endorsement. If, the first Friday prior to the regional election, only one Federalist candidate has declared for a given position, no primary election shall be held and that candidate shall automatically receive the endorsement of the Federalist Party. If more than one Federalist candidate has declared their intention to run, a primary election shall be held. This election shall run for three (3) days and shall be decided by public IRV. If no Federalist candidate has declared, one non-Federalist may be endorsed.
5. Regional Senate elections. Federalist endorsements in regional senate elections shall follow the same model for endorsements in regional executive elections (see section III, subsection 4).
6. Special elections to the Senate or House of Representatives. Federalist endorsements in special elections to the senate shall follow the same model for endorsements in regional executive elections (see section III, subsection 4), the only difference being that Federalist candidates must declare within a reasonable time of the notice of vacancy. If more than one position is up for election, the party will offer a corresponding number of endorsements.
7. Secondary endorsements. At the discretion of the party chair, the party may run elections giving “second preference endorsements” (or similar) to non-Federalist candidates.
8. Revoking endorsements. The Federalist Party may revoke endorsements if a motion is presented with a second and is then passed by a majority vote.

IV. Conventions
1. Timing. A convention shall be called by the chair three (3) weeks before the start of every regularly-scheduled presidential election. Conventions may deviate from this timeline in emergency situations.
2. Location. It shall be at the discretion of the party chair and vice chair to determine the location of the Federalist Party’s convention.
3. By-law and platform amendments. At the start of each convention, the chair shall appoint two committees: platform and bylaws. These committees shall be responsible for reviewing the platform and bylaws and proposing amendments to them. After they have presented, the convention as a whole will debate the changes and may also offer new amendments.These amendments shall be adopted if they pass with a majority vote. The duration of said votes shall be determined at the discretion of the party executive.
4. Leadership elections and non-confidence motions. Leadership elections may occur during a national convention. Additionally, a member of the party may call for a vote of non-confidence in the leadership of either the chair or vice chair. If the vote receives a majority, the relevant position shall become vacant.
5. Endorsements and Primaries. Primaries and endorsement votes may occur during conventions.

V. General
1. Concurrent ballots. Intra-party elections may run concurrently on the same ballot for purposes of efficiency.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2017, 07:58:11 PM »

That is the wrong bylaw text being amended
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2017, 07:59:26 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=258008.msg5534109#msg5534109

This is the current bylaws.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2017, 07:59:38 PM »

Can you please link me to the most current one. That was the one I found from July of last year.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2017, 08:02:13 PM »

Thanks

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2017, 08:03:37 PM »

Any chance for explicit protections of freedom of speech and free exercise of religion?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2017, 08:05:08 PM »

This is okay--desirable, actually, and I endorse her run--because (as fhtagn already knows) I am not.

RIP Chair of Vices Leinad, April 2016-October 2017. A nice year and a half, where I oversaw (er, vice-oversaw Tongue) 4 Federalist Presidents--not bad!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2017, 08:15:20 PM »

This is okay--desirable, actually, and I endorse her run--because (as fhtagn already knows) I am not.

RIP Chair of Vices Leinad, April 2016-October 2017. A nice year and a half, where I oversaw (er, vice-oversaw Tongue) 4 Federalist Presidents--not bad!

#IC5!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2017, 08:48:05 PM »

Also we might as well go ahead and knock out the city vote two. 48 hours to nominate cities for the February 2018 convention.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2017, 08:52:03 PM »

I nominate the lovely city of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2017, 08:55:31 PM »

Atlantic City!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2017, 09:09:14 PM »

#IC5!

lol I can't count--this is why it's clear fhtagn should get the job now! Tongue

I'll nominate:

-Reading, Pennsylvania
-Jacksonville, Illinois
-Holland, Michigan
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2017, 09:32:44 PM »

I nominate my lovely home and Atlasian namesake Louisville, KY to host the next Federalist Convention!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2017, 09:36:41 PM »

I nominate Greensboro, North Carolina.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2017, 10:38:50 PM »

I really like the idea of rotating regions--can we try to have it in Lincoln this time, please? Tongue
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2017, 02:25:50 PM »

I nominate London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland, and Cardiff, Wales (in honor of our agreement and because there is nothing in the rules that says it must be in mainland Atlasia Tongue )
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2017, 03:23:09 AM »

Due note there is more to discuss here than just the city matter. Tongue
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »

Don't know if it ended, but I nominate Portland, Maine.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2017, 09:09:06 PM »

I nominate Knoxville and Nashville,TN!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2017, 06:03:48 PM »

Any chance for explicit protections of freedom of speech and free exercise of religion?

Didn't notice this before.

Wouldn't they fall under "natural rights"?
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2017, 07:40:05 AM »

Don't know if it ended, but I nominate Portland, Maine.
Good choice
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2017, 11:15:39 AM »

I decided to give a little extra time for a final review of the platform and bylaw proposals.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies