October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:49:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Author Topic: October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results  (Read 19483 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: December 05, 2017, 09:46:11 AM »

Nay.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #276 on: December 05, 2017, 10:08:17 AM »

Aye
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #277 on: December 05, 2017, 10:52:30 AM »

Aye
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #278 on: December 05, 2017, 10:54:29 AM »

Aye
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #279 on: December 05, 2017, 10:59:06 AM »

Abstain
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2017, 11:10:51 AM »

Aye
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2017, 11:44:37 AM »

Aye
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #282 on: December 05, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »

Nay.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #283 on: December 05, 2017, 12:47:33 PM »

Aye
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2017, 01:02:38 PM »

For expulsion of Oakvale from The Federalist Party of Atlasia.

X Bagel23
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #285 on: December 05, 2017, 01:03:37 PM »

Very rude vote.
Rjjr77
« Reply #286 on: December 05, 2017, 01:40:16 PM »

I was set to vote against but with Kalwejt voicing concern its a Yea from me for eHarding
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #287 on: December 05, 2017, 01:51:15 PM »

Nay
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #288 on: December 05, 2017, 01:57:27 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2017, 02:36:12 PM by Bacon! 🔥 »

Nay

edit: I have added a statement if that is acceptable:

These accusations against oakvale are slanderous and absurd. If we truly have the best interests of our party in mind, surely we should be seeking to build unity among our ranks?

Instead I just see someone tearing down our party for the sake of a petty and divisive grudge - even digging up chat logs from three years ago, literally grasping at straws to fulfill this bizarre personal vendetta! This sort of witch hunt is far more toxic than whatever absurd claims you're making about oakvake. We as a party are supposed to be atlasia's stable voice of reason in these troubling times - can we please NOT devolve into literal Stalinists?

If we open this can of worms and start purging dutiful party members, where does it end? Am I next? fhtagn? NCYankee?? Leinad himself?? Do note, even Robespierre was ultimately murdered by his own reign of terror

I humbly ask that all "aye" voters please reconsider, regardless what you think about oakvale in particular, and think seriously about what the long term repercussions of this vote will hold for our party.

This is a dangerous and slippery slope we currently face before us and I don't want to see our great party fall so low. If we take this step there's no going back.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #289 on: December 05, 2017, 05:36:01 PM »

Nay
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #290 on: December 05, 2017, 07:25:32 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2017, 12:05:14 AM by Assembly Speaker ReaganClinton »

Aye.

I am still very conflicted on this vote, as I want to keep the Federalist Party inclusive of various viewpoints. I would’ve abstained from my vote, but I promised Leinad that I would vote aye.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #291 on: December 05, 2017, 07:36:06 PM »

Aye
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #292 on: December 05, 2017, 09:17:23 PM »

Nay

we need to remain a big tent party, considering my opinion as opposed to more conservative opinions.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #293 on: December 05, 2017, 09:36:28 PM »

If we open this can of worms and start purging dutiful party members, where does it end? Am I next? fhtagn? NCYankee?? Leinad himself?? Do note, even Robespierre was ultimately murdered by his own reign of terror

I will tell you the minute that anyone tries to determine my registration for me, either by dissolution or expulsion or whatever is the minute where I will promptly tell them to go f themselves.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #294 on: December 05, 2017, 10:30:58 PM »

Throughout my opposition to the various radical proposals, they were always guided by principles. Belief in equality before the law and the dangers posed towards such when the Judiciary was skewed or when the simple majority was not constrained, or when the tyranny of the gov't was left unchecked. I have long fought to preserve those checks and balances to keep our system from veering off course and to ensure that we have a democratic society, one in which democracy is present but not absolute to the point of being taken to excess. Such situations are that most dangerous of circumstances, and are fundamentally dangerous to the rights of political minorities.

In regards to our party's philosophy, one which I have strive to make based on those principles since becoming Chairman, we are fully committed to those checks and balances, the independent judiciary, opposition to executive branch tyranny (as demonstrated by the Bore Administration appointees), and opposition to an unrestrained simple majority. Oakvale has indeed been on the opposite side of most everyone of these fights over the past four years.

However, as I said last night, the cycle of Atlasia over the past nine years has been one of someone or some group taking on the role of the next "big bad" by virtue of going too far to achieve the defeat of the previous big bad. We saw this with the actions taken in June 2013 by the radicals to try and defeat Napoleon and his Liberal machine, this marked the turning point in my relationship with Oakvale and a realignment of Atlasian politics.

It is when we lose sight of these fundamental principles, and the importance of these institutional safe guards that we lose our soul and become what we have long fought against. I understand the concerns of those who have expressed dismay over Oakvale being in the party, but he can do no more damage, no greater diminution of Federalist principles then what us Federalists do to eliminate him in the name of his past actions contrary to those principles.

Aside from the above principles, I have long been hostile the notion of a simple majority being able to determine for someone else, their partisan political affiliation. I have thus opposed the process of Party Dissolution, and have opposed every party's dissolution that has occurred since 2010. The most distasteful of these events would be the dissolution of the Regional Protection Party, which was affected solely to satiate the mad ego of bgwah who demanded that only through our dissolution, would he agree to dissolve the wrongly believed to be unbeatable JCP.

If a person believes a party is dead, is not their right to stay just long enough to force their will on someone who disagrees with them. There is thus no dissolution process in the Federalist Party bylaws and there never will be, as long as I am chairman. There is no justifying this heinous process. If they are right, the party will wither to nothing or a few holdouts, if they are wrong then they will have murdered a party because they are too blind and selfish to see something through someone else's eyes and to allow them the chance to make it work. Party membership is an expression of free will, an expression of one's political views, and if you believe a party is dead, it is "your right" to depart from the party, its not your right to impose your view on those who disagree simply because a simple majority agrees with you. This goes to the very heart and soul of protecting the freedom of the minority from the temporary impulses of the Majority.

To anyone who has truly paid attention to my beliefs, my core principles, my actions over the past nine years, this will come as no surprise. And I hope it will prompt some careful considerations, because I think the most important thing we have to remember is fundamentally, we are Federalists, because we believe that the "federal system" will best protect equal justice, ward off arbitrary law and protect people from tyranny, be it either that of the majority of the people, or that of the out of control state or executive.

I respect the right of others to have a different opinion and a different interpretation, but I trust and expect that I will be afforded the same right to a different opinion and a different interpretation, that upon reviewing my principles, my philosophical beliefs and my soul that the only way that I can possibly vote and stay true to those principles, is NAY.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #295 on: December 05, 2017, 10:58:04 PM »

we need to remain a big tent party, considering my opinion as opposed to more conservative opinions.

Huh? This isn't because Oakvale failed on a conservative ideological purity test. Hopefully anyone who is paying attention would be well aware most people in the party including myself would fail on that.

Also FFS I'm not going on a witch hunt. "Where does it end" you ask? Like, right now. I have nothing against BK at all, in fact I like him and from what I can tell we get along well, but comparing me to Robespierre is comically ridiculous.

And Yankee, I am not going to "become the next Oakvale," so can you please stop bringing that up as a reason to give Oakvale a pass?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #296 on: December 05, 2017, 11:07:21 PM »

Aye
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States