October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:09:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
Author Topic: October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results  (Read 19499 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: December 06, 2017, 02:58:56 PM »

I am still very conflicted on this vote, as I want to keep the Federalist Party inclusive of various viewpoints. I would’ve abstained from my vote, but I promised Leinad that I would vote aye.

How nice, campaigning.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #301 on: December 06, 2017, 04:37:02 PM »

we need to remain a big tent party, considering my opinion as opposed to more conservative opinions.

Huh? This isn't because Oakvale failed on a conservative ideological purity test. Hopefully anyone who is paying attention would be well aware most people in the party including myself would fail on that.

Also FFS I'm not going on a witch hunt. "Where does it end" you ask? Like, right now. I have nothing against BK at all, in fact I like him and from what I can tell we get along well, but comparing me to Robespierre is comically ridiculous.

And Yankee, I am not going to "become the next Oakvale," so can you please stop bringing that up as a reason to give Oakvale a pass?
Also, why does it matter to keep him out if he will never win another election?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #302 on: December 06, 2017, 08:22:32 PM »

AYE
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #303 on: December 06, 2017, 10:50:54 PM »

Aye.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #304 on: December 06, 2017, 11:05:29 PM »

>elections game
>outrage over "campaigning"

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #305 on: December 07, 2017, 04:04:25 AM »
« Edited: December 07, 2017, 04:06:12 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Results:
Aye (19): Leinad, Encke, Classic, Jimmy, Dead0man, Celticempire, AZ, Rfayette, DTC, Alabama Indy, Greedo, Bagel23, IndyRep, ReaganClinton20xx, HillGoose, PiT, SingleTXGuy, Heisenberg, Enduro  
Nay (11): Potus, fhtagn, Chardee, Heatcharger, Oakvale, ThatConservativeGuy, Bacon King, Pessimistic, PoliticalMasta, NC Yankee, RGN08,
Abstain (2): Mr. R, LT

The motion is adopted.

However, I will draw your attention to following passages.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Congress grants the authority to regulate voter regulation to the Congress. I can find no post-reset statute establishing a process by which the parties can alter the registration of voters as administered by the Registrar General. I mean that could be dangerous, imagine if Labor voted to remove all the Federalists from the rolls? We cannot have that, obviously, so naturally there are strict rules governing that sort of thing as there should be.

Congress has not passed any laws establishing this procedure, but it does have a law on the books (cited above) that establishes party affiliation as an optional choice of the registrant. As the closest thing we can find to a statute on this matter, it must be taken as the governing authority and our bylaws cannot contradict constitutionally granted legislative authority exercised by the Congress.

Therefore, while the motion is adopted, I do not feel that I can legally request the RG To change Mr. Oakvale's registration, nor would I advise the Registrar General to take such an action, without first consulting with legal assistance and preparing for the possibility of a lawsuit that would from my interpretations succeed in all likelihood.

The simple fact of the matter is that a lot of pre-reset assumptions were carried over post reset, but the laws that underpin those long held assumptions were of course wiped clean and never passed again subsequent to the reset. This is not the first time where we have found such assumptions to be baseless as a result of this, and thus should not be surprised that it is the case with expulsion. Also, the provisions in our bylaws dealing with expulsion, date back to 2013 if not 2012, which is pre-reset.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #306 on: December 07, 2017, 04:27:52 AM »

So, basically, Oakvale can no longer participate in federalist conventions or primaries, but could still run in a general election as the federalist nominee? LOL Atlasia.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #307 on: December 07, 2017, 04:30:07 AM »

Regardless, I think it's clear what the party's view on Oakvale is--especially because most of the people who voted against expulsion did so because they oppose all expulsion votes, didn't understand the reasoning behind the expulsion, or simply didn't want to anger Oakvale and his supposedly powerful faction of "supporters." (Not that I hold anything against people who voted against expulsion.) I think it's clear a super-majority of the party is opposed to Oakvale and opposed to the idea we should support him, direct votes for him, or that party leadership is obligated to vote for him because "he's a Federalist candidate." Hopefully I proved that point. If not, well, I tried. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #308 on: December 07, 2017, 04:39:47 AM »

So, basically, Oakvale can no longer participate in federalist conventions or primaries, but could still run in a general election as the federalist nominee? LOL Atlasia.

Depending on interpretations, he can basically just reregister and void all those restrictions too. But yes, considering the statutory situation, at best expulsion removes the eligibility described in clause 1 of that sections of the bylaws:

But like I said these weren't really worded for this situation either, since these were composed years ago, before the reset.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #309 on: December 07, 2017, 08:12:24 AM »

I doubt the result would be the same if all of the party members were presented with both sides of the story instead of just sent pm's by one side and made to choose a "him or me " approach....
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #310 on: December 07, 2017, 11:45:07 AM »

Friends,

The result of this vote is a tragedy for democracy, a tragedy for the Constitution, and a victory for the grubbiest and most dishonest type of politics.

I take some small comfort in knowing that the 'victory' was only won due to the intellectual eunuchs on the victorious side frantically messaging unaware and uninformed inactive voters with lies and fraud. Sympathetic active members were bribed with adolescent threats of blackmail. If this cowardly Soviet-style purge had any lingering shreds of legitimacy to begin with, they are surely, now, dead and buried.

I will not be recognising the validity of this charade. Needless to say any attempt to alter my legal party registration as a result of this unfortunate incident will result in immediate legal action from my attorneys.

Over the course of a long and storied career I've encountered greedy little hustlers like Mr. Leinad et al on countless occasions. And, so, I rest assured in the knowledge, gained from experience, that in history's full course they are without any significance.

Thank you.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #311 on: December 07, 2017, 01:09:02 PM »

Not really my business, but let me say my little piece anyway.

It's true, Oakvale is a huge dick. However, in order to keep this game realistic, we need huge dicks as him to participate. Each party needs somebody like him as well. Furthermore, I'm in extreme disagreement with Oakvale regarding the GM issue, but having it as a ground for expulsion is... weird.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #312 on: December 07, 2017, 05:37:36 PM »

I doubt the result would be the same if all of the party members were presented with both sides of the story instead of just sent pm's by one side and made to choose a "him or me " approach....

Sending PMs to voters to win a vote is such a hideous crime. We don't know anyone who has done that to win the presidency do we?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #313 on: December 07, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »

Sending PMs to voters to win a vote is such a hideous crime. We don't know anyone who has done that to win the presidency do we?
It is very low energy to treat an expulsion vote like an election in my opinion, especially when you consider that in proper elections, voters get pm's from both sides and links to both campaigns, want me to demonstrate the difference?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #314 on: December 07, 2017, 06:16:32 PM »

(and yes I am aware that pm's may have been sent out on behalf of oakvale too and I also find that wrong, what should've happened is a simple pm sent out to notify that a vote was happening, not actual campaigning by either side, just find that....weird for an expulsion vote)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #315 on: December 07, 2017, 08:06:18 PM »

Thank you, Kal and dfw. I can confirm I did not "campaign", trusting only the active participants in this convention to support me. It is a shame that many zombie voters emerged out of the woodwork as if this was a regular election.

I did contact two outspoken members of the party who posted in this thread to gently ask their reasoning. They politely informed me of their motivation and that was the end of it.

Friends,

The result of this vote is a tragedy for democracy, a tragedy for the Constitution, and a victory for the grubbiest and most dishonest type of politics.

I take some small comfort in knowing that the 'victory' was only won due to the intellectual eunuchs on the victorious side frantically messaging unaware and uninformed inactive voters with lies and fraud. Sympathetic active members were bribed with adolescent threats of blackmail. If this cowardly Soviet-style purge had any lingering shreds of legitimacy to begin with, they are surely, now, dead and buried.

I will not be recognising the validity of this charade. Needless to say any attempt to alter my legal party registration as a result of this unfortunate incident will result in immediate legal action from my attorneys.

Over the course of a long and storied career I've encountered greedy little hustlers like Mr. Leinad et al on countless occasions. And, so, I rest assured in the knowledge, gained from experience, that in history's full course they are without any significance.

Thank you.

To be a little clearer here - I, of course, do recognise the results of the vote in its strictest sense and will not be attempting to participate in party business etc., but I intend to maintain my registration.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #316 on: December 08, 2017, 04:56:39 PM »

I honestly can't help but consider reasons provided for Oakvale's expulsion as, well, weird.

I've been in absolute disagreement with him over the GM issue, but I must it to him, he's pretty consistent. Opposing a nominee on the ground you oppose the existence of the post is not an unprecedented thing in politics. Unless the party were to enforce voting discipline on this, it's just his opinion he's entitled to. The party of course have a right not to endorse his candidacy in the light of overall ideological differences, but this is still not a ground for expulsion.

I know, I know, it's not my party, but I'm worried about setting a dangerous precedent for all parties.

I am still very conflicted on this vote, as I want to keep the Federalist Party inclusive of various viewpoints. I would’ve abstained from my vote, but I promised Leinad that I would vote aye.

Really? Is that a proper way to determine how one should exercise their voting right as a member?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #317 on: December 08, 2017, 07:01:55 PM »

Even if Oakvale could be legally expelled from the party (which i seriously doubt) there's legally absolutely nothing that could legally bar him from joining the party as a new member. Even if one accepts this sham vote as legitimate, he could immediately reregister as a Federalist and join anew as a full member of the party in good standing. In fact out of an abundance of caution I encourage my friend oakvale to post his party affiliation in the registration thread right now so there is absolutely no legal question about his membership.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #318 on: December 09, 2017, 05:24:44 AM »

It seems like my old party is falling apart...
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #319 on: January 03, 2018, 08:32:56 PM »

I motion that the Federalist Party revokes the endorsement of Greedo the Hunter for Atlasia House of Representatives for the February election.

Greedo throughout his time on this forum and game has been known to troll and has not acted with civility in interactions with several other Atlasians. These actions are unbecoming of a Federalist Party candidate and his actions do not support the values of the Federalist Party.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #320 on: January 04, 2018, 12:22:08 AM »

I motion that the Federalist Party revokes the endorsement of Greedo the Hunter for Atlasia House of Representatives for the February election.

Greedo throughout his time on this forum and game has been known to troll and has not acted with civility in interactions with several other Atlasians. These actions are unbecoming of a Federalist Party candidate and his actions do not support the values of the Federalist Party.

I second the motion to unendorse.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #321 on: January 07, 2018, 11:49:15 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2018, 12:02:35 AM by Greedo The Hunter »

A official statement from Greedo The Hunter for Congress.

Hello, I think the motion against me is a disgrace to me and my supporters. I have been attacked unfairly for the past three months by Liberals on this site, so yes in the past two weeks,I have become super bitter. But that doesn’t give the party a right to ban me.In real life I have campaigned for a lot of republican candidates. Such as Vicki Kraft,I1552,Marty McClendon,Liz Pike,Dan Coursy. I have gone to the Oregon liberty alliance, my dad was a delegate for Ted Cruz at the RNC in 2016. I am a hardcore Conservative Republican/Federalist. I will always be a republican/federalist. I admit that I am not the best poster on here,and that I have made mistakes but even when I made mistakes, I have always in enjoyed the interesting debate of politics.

Greedo The Hunter
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #322 on: January 07, 2018, 11:54:03 PM »

I oppose the motion to unendorse.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #323 on: January 08, 2018, 12:25:15 AM »

Hello, I think the motion against me is a disgrace to me and my supporters. I have been attacked unfairly for the past three months by Liberals on this site, so yes in the past two weeks,I have become super bitter. But that doesn’t give the party a right to ban me.In real life I have campaigned for a lot of republican candidates. Such as Vicki Kraft,I1552,Marty McClendon,Liz Pike,Dan Coursy. I have gone to the Oregon liberty alliance, my dad was a delegate for Ted Cruz at the RNC in 2016. I am a hardcore Conservative Republican/Federalist. I will always be a republican/federalist. I admit that I am not the best poster on here,and that I have made mistakes but even when I made mistakes, I have always in enjoyed the interesting debate of politics.

Greedo The Hunter

Bitterness can often lead to bad decisions and even statements one would regret. While partisan warfare reaches certain heights in real life, it is less productive in a game where the fighting is more close quarters and the participation is voluntary, thus a greater degree if tact and respect is necessary at the same that it is also necessary for a restoration of passions that motivate debate and interaction. In essence, an effective balance.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #324 on: January 08, 2018, 01:12:33 AM »

Greedo The Hunter

Bitterness can often lead to bad decisions and even statements one would regret. While partisan warfare reaches certain heights in real life, it is less productive in a game where the fighting is more close quarters and the participation is voluntary, thus a greater degree if tact and respect is necessary at the same that it is also necessary for a restoration of passions that motivate debate and interaction. In essence, an effective balance.
I realize that but I was actually told today that I should’ve been aborted and been called a nazi of course I’m going to get bitter. But like I said in my official statement I have enjoyed the atlas and I’m going to add that I don’t care if people like me or hate me, but what I do care about is if people are calling a nazi or a Russian troll.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies