If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you are close to a Gnostic
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:00:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you are close to a Gnostic
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you are close to a Gnostic  (Read 563 times)
Greatest I am
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 17, 2017, 01:25:21 PM »

If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you are close to a Gnostic Christian.

You have shown that you can think freely and have a decent moral sense as compared to Christians and their less than moral sense that allows them to adore a genocidal God.

John Lennon, “It seems to me that the only true Christians were the Gnostics,”

In fact, many think that the best Christians are Gnostic Christians. Even if you are an atheist, you are likely a better Christian than most Christians as their morals have been corrupted by their beliefs enough to have them adore a vile genocidal God that Gnostic Christians call demiurge. In a sense, not that she exists, but demiurge is equivalent to Satan.

Please remember that Gnostic Christians so not hold any supernatural beliefs and religiously speaking, create much more peaceful people than Christians. The Cathars were a good example of this truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptNcSYo7k4

http://thegodabovegod.com/difference-gnostic-christian/

http://thegodabovegod.com/gnostic/

Are you close to a Gnostic Christian in how you can think freely and morally?

Regards
DL
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 11:16:07 PM »

"Many think that the best Christians are Gnostic Christians". No, most people have never heard of Gnosticism, and many who have have no strong opinion about it.

And of course Gnostic Christians hold supernatural beliefs, by definition the Demiurge is a supernatural belief.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 11:42:15 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2017, 03:46:25 PM by Greatest I am »

"Many think that the best Christians are Gnostic Christians". No, most people have never heard of Gnosticism, and many who have have no strong opinion about it.

And of course Gnostic Christians hold supernatural beliefs, by definition the Demiurge is a supernatural belief.

It would be for sure if we believed he was real. We  do not.

Our myth was written to put up against the Christian myth when everyone knew they were all myths. That was before Christianity became an idol worshiping religion and started killing for their imaginary God.

This link shows how we should still be thinking about those imaginary Gods.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Regards
DL
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 06:14:30 PM »

Here's a question: Why don't you just have one thread for all of your Gnostic stuff? I have one thread for Mormon stuff, and it seems to work pretty well.

As for the rest of what you're saying, I can't understand half of what you're trying to say, you're incoherent.
Georg Ebner
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 07:43:38 AM »

The essence of Gnosticism is, that human soul is pars DEI - what is anti-religious and anti-rational (Cogito, ergo sum non DEUS) and has destroyed kalon kai agathon, as culture and ethics have been based on human humility.
Georg Ebner
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 07:45:22 AM »

"Greatest I am" NOT !
Greatest is someone else.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 11:46:58 AM »

Muh Yaldabaoth!
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 04:07:14 PM »

Here's a question: Why don't you just have one thread for all of your Gnostic stuff? I have one thread for Mormon stuff, and it seems to work pretty well.

As for the rest of what you're saying, I can't understand half of what you're trying to say, you're incoherent.

Not when compared to your religion.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 04:27:25 PM »

The essence of Gnosticism is, that human soul is pars DEI - what is anti-religious and anti-rational (Cogito, ergo sum non DEUS) and has destroyed kalon kai agathon, as culture and ethics have been based on human humility.

Gnosis is antithetic to anti-rational and bases it's morality on logic and reason as compared to faith in nothing.

Regards
DL

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies