Feel the Franken DISCONTINUED
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:48:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Feel the Franken DISCONTINUED
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Feel the Franken DISCONTINUED  (Read 23117 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2017, 03:27:14 PM »

Now I want to know how Kamala’s hair looks like.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2017, 03:30:47 PM »

Died on Christmas Day 2018. The brain tumor.

In his first official act as Governor of Arizona, Greg Stanton nominated his widow Cindy to the seat. A special election will be held in 2020.

She cut it to her chin. Reviews are mixed.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2017, 03:32:07 PM »

Also you switched your own and NeverTulsi's profiles in the 10th and 11th posts.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2017, 03:33:34 PM »

Snarking at Delaney. You portray me so well.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2017, 04:17:29 PM »

Al looked out over the crowd as Kirsten finished up her opening statement, which was fine. Better than the ones who'd gone before her, that's for damn sure.

The crowd was college kids, mostly. He looked out over America's future. God, some of them were young enough not to know him when he was on SNL.

"And Seantor Franken, your opening statement."

"My name's Al Franken. You may know me from my years on Saturday Night Live. But unlike the current President, I actually have political experience too. For the past ten years, I've had the distinct pleasure of serving my home state of Minnesota in the United States Senate, focusing on things like net neutrality, campaign finance reform, healthcare, civil rights, social justice. I never thought I'd even be in the senate, let alone standing in front of all of you as a candidate for President of the United States. I already have the best job in the world, I have the seat that was once held by my good friend Paul Wellstone. Paul died in a plane crash in 2002. He always used to say that 'Politics isn't about winning for the sake of winning, it isn't about money, it isn't about power, it's about improving people's lives.' I try to live up to those words every day. And that's why I'm running for President."
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2017, 05:08:32 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2017, 05:19:06 PM by Parrotguy »

I'd so be rooting for him in this universe, maybe followed by Gillibrand and Harris from their performences.
Also, if you want a bit of a change from American avatars, I'd not mind my name being used in the forum posts thing Tongue
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2017, 05:09:08 PM »

Same, Id be 10000000% on the Franken Hype train
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2017, 05:14:29 PM »

She cut it to her chin. Reviews are mixed.

Ooh, sassy. I can picture it. Would look great....
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2017, 05:25:54 PM »

This is an AMAZING TL!!! From the 538 chats, to the extremely meta atlas conversations, to the debates, to Al Franken destroying, this is just awesome.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2017, 11:11:25 PM »

CUOMO: The fact that anyone would allege that I'm not a progressive, Senator Harris, is ridiculous. You can look at my record, I achieved progressive change my entire eight years as Governor.

FRANKEN: But you lost your primary for a reason, Governor. People are sick and tired of machine politics and establishment politics, that's why we have orange doofus with the worst combover I've ever seen in my life as our President right now! Can you really pledge to be the changemaker this country needs?

CUOMO: And what have you done Senator Franken?

FRANKEN: I'm glad you asked. As a member of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, I've worked closely with Democrats and Republicans to make breakthroughs in healthcare, in labor rights, it hasn't always been easy, especially the last couple years, and sometimes it feels like your banging your head into a brick wall, but when Trumpcare failed, Graham-Cassidy failed, when their national right to work law failed, I was there on the front lines, fighting for Minnesotans and Americans, I wasn't out in ballrooms hobnobbing with the 1%, Governor, I was in the hospital room with Senator McCain, god rest his soul, making the final pitch that he should vote against national right to work, and he did, and it was his final vote. So don't tell me I'm not out here having a positive impact on Americans, don't say I haven't done anything, Governor, because it's not true.

[crowd cheering]

TODD: I must ask the audience to please keep it under control...Senator Franken, so you agree with Senator Harris and Senator Sanders, that Governor Cuomo is not a progressive?

FRANKEN: Yes, I do.

CUOMO: Can I respond please?

TODD: We're moving on to the war in Korea, Governor - as you know, coalition troops finally took Pyongyang last week, and the President said that the war will end "very quickly" now. Senator Franken, since its your turn to start the discussion, what is your stance on the war and ending the war?

FRANKEN: We all know why the President got us into this war. He needed a win. He had struck out on healthcare, struck out on tax reform, struck out on labor reform, struck out on the wall and on immigration. So he wanted to do something that Congress couldn't stop. So he rattled that saber his entire first year in office, like with that bizarre UN speech, and didn't even ask congress for an authorization for use of military force. As the Commander in Chief he just sent thousands of our brave men and women into harms way, and didn't even have the guts to face Congress, the voice of the people. 3,500 Americans are dead in Korea in the first eight months. Do you remember the administration right before the start? They made it sound like a vacation. 'Six weeks, in and out, they'll have democracy and capitalism and Hyundai plants.' Eight months later, 3,487 lives shorter, and we've only just taken the capital. Refugees are pouring out of both North and South Korea, straining the Chinese and Japanese immigration systems. And who knows how many militiamen are left in the mountains. We don't know where Kim is. The war has been TODD: ten seconds left Senator a tremendous failure on all accounts, and on my first day as President, I will immediately withdraw all troops from Korea.

[crowd cheers loudly]
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2017, 12:39:18 AM »

FiveThirtyEight Election Chat
April 30, 2019

natesilver (Nate Silver, editor in chief): So that was...

clare.malone (Clare Malone, senior political writer): Crazy?

perry (Perry Bacon Jr., senior political writer): Lively

micah (Micah Cohen, politics editor): A Franken Coronation

harry (Harry Enten, senior political writer): Great!

natesilver: Yeah, it was probably all of those things. So let's talk about the negatives. You each got one.

perry: Delaney

clare.malone: Damn it, Perry, I was gonna pick Delaney

harry: everyone was going to pick Delaney.

micah: good god, Delaney was terrible.

natesilver: I couldn't stop looking at the glare from that one spotlight on his shiny head.

harry: better than actually listening to what he had to say

perry: he sounded like a knockoff Zuck tbh

clare.malone: I think the crowd were willing to give him a shot, but he's so far to the right compared to the rest of the field on fiscal issues, and he was just so weak, he let Gillibrand walk all over him on corporate tax rates.

harry: And that opening statement. Talk about setting yourself up for failure.

perry: can't believe he actually mispronounced his wife's name.

clare.malone: Her name's April! Why did he say "May-pril"?!

natesilver: Probably because today is the last day of April, and tomorrow is May.

perry: I just wanted to walk him off the stage and take him to that couch where they send the kids who lose the spelling bee.

Pictured: John Delaney, probably

micah: We could go on and on and on and on about Delaney

harry: and on

clare.malone: HE SPILLED HIS WATER

natesilver: arguably funniest debate moment since Stockdale's "Who am I?"

micah: but we need other negatives.

harry: Cuomo.

perry: Cuomo got wrecked by Franken

natesilver: And Al Franken is actually a really nice guy, so he must've been livid with Cuomo after the "what have you done?"

clare.malone: Franken's attack stuck with Cuomo all night. He kinda wanted to play the brutish stereotypical New Yorker but when you get backed off by a Minnesotan you know all is lost.

micah: Yeah, it completely knocked him off his game. He looked timid and intimidated for the rest of the night.

natesilver: Other negatives.

perry: Bernie.

harry: Really?

clare.malone: I agree with Perry. One of the big criticisms of Bernie in 2016 is that he just repeated his stump speech. "RIGGED SYSTEM." "ONE TENTH OF ONE PERCENT." "POLITICAL REVOLUTION." I'd hoped he'd mixed it up a little, but he's still playing the classics.

harry: well, if the crowd loves them...

natesilver: But he rarely moves beyond the talking point, we always hear the talking point and not the policy. When he does get into details, they're either vague or unworkable.

perry: I think a lot of people went into that debate Berniebros and came out Frankenwankers.

micah: which segues perfectly into positives.

perry: Franken

natesilver: The Junior Senator from Minnesota

clare.malone: The Democratic nominee for President

harry: the comedian

micah: Yeah. Franken was a rock star.

clare.malone: He struck the perfect balance of serious political guy who you trust with the country and nukes and budgets and stuff and funny guy you'd actually like to hang out with.

natesilver: If Franken does win the nomination - and his chances are really, really good, as good as anyone else's - then they should sell the Trump-Franken debates on pay-per-view.

harry: his one-liners were great.

perry: Tulsi: "Senator are you a warmonger"

perry: Franken: *looks at camera* "No, but I am a Jew, and according to Steve Bannon those two things are the same."

harry: Oh! Tulsi was another negative.

clare.malone: considering her base is literally diehard Bernie people, and Bernie's in the race, I have to wonder what her other constituency is

natesilver: Alt-Righties who are Democrats

harry: Gillibrand did really well.

micah: Agreed. I - and everyone else - expected her to be a Hillary clone, somewhat unfairly, because she's a blond female senator from New York.

perry: she was surprisingly progressive - she had to be I guess - but she was also the first person to bring up single payer.

harry: Yeah, and Bernie was in that shot too and kind of looked down as if to say "Damn, how'd I let her mention single payer first."

clare.malone: And Kamala was great too. I don't care what anyone else says, the hair was hot.

harry: She deflected Mnuchin as best she could.

micah: "as a prosecutor, I have to make tough decisions on whether or not to prosecute. Mnuchin's wealth would've made the trial long and difficult, and costly to the California taxpayer, and there was every likelihood he'd beat the charge. Sometimes, that's how our justice system works. But where our justice system doesn't work is private prisons..."

perry: kind of falls on deaf ears though when Cali has a huge private prison population.

clare.malone: She got the crowd roaring though when she called him "sexist, racist, every other -ist." And again when she said "But trust me, no one intimidates Donald Trump more than a black woman who's smarter than him."

natesilver: Great moment, we'll be seeing that in Kamala ads for as long as she's in the race.

natesilver: Alright, so grades:

micah: Franken, A+; Gillibrand, A-; Harris, B; Booker, B-; O'Malley, B-(!); Bernie, B-; McAuliffe, C+; Cuomo, D; Gabbard, D; Delaney; F.

clare.malone: Franken, A+; Harris, A; Gillibrand, A; Bernie, B; Booker, B-; McAuliffe, B-; O'Malley, C+, Gabbard, C-; Cuomo, C-; Delaney, F.

harry: Franken, A+; Gillibrand, B+, Booker, B; Harris, B; Bernie, B; McAuliffe, B-; O'Malley, C; Gabbard, C-; Delaney, F; Cuomo, F. (No one's done more damage to their own chances tonight than Cuomo...everyone knew Delaney was DOA. That's why Cuomo's performance is the worst.)

perry: Delaney, A++++; Franken, A; Harris, A-; Gillibrand, B+, Booker, B; McAuliffe, B; Bernie, B-; O'Malley, D; Cuomo, F; Gabbard, F. (Delaney for pure entertainment value, don't know what Micah is smoking with that O'Malley grade, the dude sounds so unsure of himself when he speaks. Tommy Carcetti was based on that guy? Really?)
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2017, 07:21:54 AM »

I have to say I’m pretty happy my top 3 choices are also the top 3 performers.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2017, 08:59:56 AM »

Whaaaaaaaaat how can I be part of the forum posts?
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2017, 12:49:13 PM »

(And feel free to add me as myself or as Crystal)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2017, 07:46:15 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2017, 07:48:32 PM by Al Franken 2020 »

Ahh too many people want to be in the forum! I'll try my best to involve everyone but I don't want anyone to be upset if they're not included enough...

--------

Atlas Forum
- Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
-- 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
(Moderators: NebraskaTrot, Bill, MAINEiac8868)
--- First Democratic Debate Post-Debate Thread

Nebraska Trot
Omaha Trotsky       
Moderators

★★★★★

First Democratic Debate Post-Debate Thread
« on: April 30, 2019, 9:02:09 pm »
Franken dominated, Kamala sassed the place up, and John Delaney reminded us all of a 14 year old at homecoming without a date.

Thoughts?

Spenstar
Spenstar
YaBB God     
YaBB God

★★★★★

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 09:02:36 pm »
John Delaney mispronounced his own wife's name. Which I suppose is better than Trump, who at this point is so far along with Alzheimer's he can't remember his wife's name...

I was leaning Franken before and now I'm 100% Frankenwanker.

Kasich/? 2020
Not_Madigan
YaBB God

★★★★★

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 09:02:36 pm »
Very entertaining. John Delaney strikes me as a good guy who is just hopelessly awkward. Poor guy.

CUOMO
markwarner2020
YaBB God

★★★★★

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 09:03:42 pm »
ANDREW DOMINATED

Peebs
Peebs
YaBB God

★★★★★

First Democratic Debate Post-Debate Thread/color]
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 09:03:55 pm »
Still a BernieSis, but I'd be proud to vote for Franken in the general. Bernie got outflanked on healthcare by Gillibrand, somehow.

Acting Delegate
The Saint

The_Saint
YaBB God

★★★★★

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 09:04:13 pm »
Oof, Delaney doesn't even have anyone in the spin room. Even O'Malley has spinners.

Al Franken

MAINEiac4434
YaBB God

★★★★★

First Democratic Debate Thread
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 09:05:39 pm »
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bernie looked shook when that happened.

And speaking of shook, lmao when Franken went at Cuomo. I was cheering in my living room. Totally knocked Cuomo off his game, ruined the debate for him. And the early grades are ranking him second to last, only ahead of Kamala's 8th grade social studies teacher.

Kamala (2020)
Kamala
YaBB God

★★★★★

« Reply #7 on: April 8, 2019, 09:05:59 pm »
My top three all did well. I'm happy.

And...is Nina Turner spinning for Tulsi on MSNBC right now? WTF?

Newsom 2028
Libertarian-
Leaning
Progressive       
YaBB God

★★★★★

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 09:06:14 pm »
Great debate, pretty much has turned this into a Franken/Harris/Gillibrand/Sanders race. Booker needed to come out big but came off flat. And the others  don't even merit mentioning.

Parrotguy
Wyman     
YaBB God

★★★★★

First Democratic Debate Thread
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 09:06:35 pm »
I think I'm going to make Franken's "I'm not a warmonger, but I am a Jew and Steve Bannon thinks those two things are the same" line my new signature.

America, please elect him.

Never Tulsi
ihatetulsigabbard
YaBB God

★★★★★

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 09:07:42 pm »
Tulsi was terrible even worse than Delaney who at least has a moral compass

The Sun Is Crystal
nj_dem
YaBB God

★★★★★

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 09:08:30 pm »
Franken was spectacular. Really. Wish Booker spoke more, though, you almost forgot he was on the stage.

America First
Degree Burns

firstdegreeburns
YaBB God

★★★★★

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 09:07:47 pm »
That was dreadful...everyone trying to out-left each other.

Al Franken 2020
MAINEiac4434
YaBB God

★★★★★

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 09:07:59 pm »
Other than Franken, Gillibrand and Harris did really well. Bernie came off almost as a less creative Franken.

Moderate Democrat
Admiral President
YaBB God

★★★★★

« Reply #13 on: April 8, 2019, 09:08:13 pm »
I kinda wish Delaney wasn't such an awkward guy...could've used some ideological diversity up there.

Saguaro
azcactus
YaBB God

★★★★★

« Reply #14 on: April 8 2019, 09:10:48 pm »
Aaand, Delaney's out. Thanks his supporters. (Was his only supporter May-pril?)

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2017, 07:55:42 PM »

For the record, I'd probably be a Frankenwanker ITTL. I'd be fine with Boyknee in theory, but he'll be too damn old.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2017, 09:28:04 PM »

Omg everyone who wants to be involved is a Frankenwanker or a Republican.

Like I'm trying to keep it a diversity of opinions instead of everyone freaking out about Franken but I guess not
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2017, 09:37:59 PM »

Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2017, 09:52:09 PM »

Like I'm trying to keep it a diversity of opinions instead of everyone freaking out about Franken but I guess not

I guess I'll volunteer to be the local Booker stooge (though since he doesn't seem to be going anywhere right now, the role might be useless).
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2017, 10:23:55 PM »

Put me in the forum posts! And I'd def be supporting Booker for the Dems and Kasich/Not-Trump for the GOP.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2017, 10:24:30 PM »

I hope I accurately reflect my supposed happiness at Kasich's VP.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2017, 10:35:38 PM »

Well, if it helps, you could also go for emphasizing our virtually united hatred of Cuomo and Gabbard for a touch of verisimilitude. Tongue
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2017, 11:01:24 PM »

If you want diversity, I can see myself stanning Kamala on these forums two years from now.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2017, 11:10:48 AM »

I don't want Franken to run. And I'm surely not a Republican.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2017, 12:11:28 PM »

I don't want Franken to run. And I'm surely not a Republican.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies