Feel the Franken DISCONTINUED (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:03:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Feel the Franken DISCONTINUED (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feel the Franken DISCONTINUED  (Read 23178 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: October 12, 2017, 09:23:22 PM »

This TL is really great so far!

0/10 No Scaramucci or Zuck running though

(PS: What's Jason Kander up to, by the way? With the way he's been in and out of Iowa I'd think he'd be running or campaigning hard for someone else. Unless he's running for governor or something.)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:15:20 PM »

Wait, Mattis and Kelly survived this long?  

(Also, given that this TL deviates from reality sometime before the Tim Murphy scandal, did Price resign over the whole private jet thing? Or is he still there?)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 12:46:06 PM »

Thank you!
Pence has threatened to resign the Vice Presidency if he fires them.
Good job Pence.

Also, if you're looking for more of a fence-rider on your mock Atlas, I'd probably be torn between Ryan, Franken, Kasich/Rauner, and Bullock in this scenario. (I hate Gillibrand and Tulsi though)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 12:19:44 PM »

That was a great update.

(Note to MAINEiac on the PA and MI bit: I wasn't 100% sure Trump would win until PA flipped R.  I thought Hillary could pull off a victory in Arizona and hold PA and MI, but once I saw PA flip I knew he had it.  I was absolutely shocked when WI was called by Fox though, even as a Trumpist at the time I didn't expect him to flip WI, I thought he could hold Romney's States, get FL, OH, and IA, ME-2, NH, NV, and PA, but WI I never expected at all.)

Agreed on both counts.

As to the second part, I think a WI flip was so far off the map for most people that they hadn't done the math for it ahead of time. Given the panic that was going on, it's completely understandable that people (especially in the Hillary camp) wouldn't go through and calculate the electoral votes over again. I remember I didn't actually know the number he would reach until I checked the next morning and he was at 279 with Arizona and Michigan out.

I could kind of tell he was going to lose given how close VA was, how fast OH was called, and how FL was coming in, so I didn't make that mistake, but I didn't bother actually tallying up. I just turned off the TV and started watching an episode of West Wing on Netflix. What happened here wasn't actually too different (apart from the very end, of course).

Looking forward to how this storyline plays out.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 10:39:14 PM »

Maine Democratic primary
95% of precincts reporting
Too close to call

Whoa, for a second there I thought we skipped half the 2020 primary season.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 10:44:46 PM »

"If we had ranked-choice voting that wouldn't even be a question, now, would it?"

Too soon
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 02:32:33 AM »

Does Gov. Walker have anything to say re the Moderates?

Also, just a sidenote, I think it'd be really cool to include a new icon color for the Moderates in the Atlas chats ITTL. Maybe purple? (If it's possible ofc)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 12:22:51 AM »

OH.... I'M AN IDIOT. I forgot Scott Walker existed. Sorry if I confused you there initially.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 02:58:27 AM »

Oh, I really hope Kasich destroys Tulsi.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 01:39:04 PM »

Freaking Franken touching women stopping me from seeing how Kasich/Rauner would do.

BOOOOOOOOOO
No states, but 18% of the popular vote.

You know, a timeline focusing just on Rauner/Kasich/Moderates would actually be kind of great. Especially if we still get to see Kasich steamroll Tulsi. (Or at least it would be great until we learn that one/both of them are also a sexual predator).

Request to delete or lock this topic due to recent events.
I mean, we have TLs with far worse people finding political success. The TL will be merely discontinued, but I don’t think it should be deleted.

Yeah, agreed Sad I can also disclose that I was going to make Franken Obama's second VP in my Timeline, but he's gonna be properly vetted now.

Speaking of, this actually forces me to change my TL quite a bit too. Anyone know any other moderately-but-not-completely-progressive Democratic politicians from states bordering Iowa who could run for President in 2012? I really don't want to go with Franken after this (even though he doesn't win).
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 02:15:55 PM »

Speaking of, this actually forces me to change my TL quite a bit too. Anyone know any other moderately-but-not-completely-progressive Democratic politicians from states bordering Iowa who could run for President in 2012? I really don't want to go with Franken after this (even though he doesn't win).
Tammy Baldwin?

Hmmm. Not actually a bad choice, especially seeing as I have her being elected Gov in 2010 instead of Senator in 2012.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies