CNN: Paul Manafort wiretapped by U.S government
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:33:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CNN: Paul Manafort wiretapped by U.S government
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN: Paul Manafort wiretapped by U.S government  (Read 1559 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2017, 06:02:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 06:08:34 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2017, 06:15:28 PM by Yank2133 »

It gets worse for Manafort.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/us/politics/mueller-russia-investigation.html
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 06:31:38 PM »

Tick tock tick tock, time is running out for Donny.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 09:10:46 PM »

I checked right wing outlets to see how they were spinning this and they weren't even talking about it. They must know it's bad. I was assuming to see "See, Trump was right about being wiretapped" reactions, ignoring the fact that the only way the feds could get a warrant to do this is if they had evidence Manafort was an "agent of a foreign power".
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 09:18:52 PM »

I checked right wing outlets to see how they were spinning this and they weren't even talking about it. They must know it's bad. I was assuming to see "See, Trump was right about being wiretapped" reactions, ignoring the fact that the only way the feds could get a warrant to do this is if they had evidence Manafort was an "agent of a foreign power".

Manafort WAS an agent of a foreign power, technically. It wasn't even a secret. The manafort/stone group did foreign work.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 09:24:37 PM »

The guiltiest and most objectionable of them all. Culpable people will try to pin all blame everything on him, but all in all the old French saying remains relevant:

Qui s'excuse s'accuse.

Whoever excuses himself accuses himself.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 03:05:18 AM »

I hope he and Flynn share a cell together and that Hillary is their first visitor.
#LOCKHIMUP!
#LOCKTHEMUP!!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 08:58:35 AM »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/18/trump-vindicated-report-says-obama-government-wiretapped-trump-campaign/

Manafort WAS an agent of a foreign power, technically. It wasn't even a secret. The manafort/stone group did foreign work.
Atwater was a named partner in the 80s, too. All my heroes under one roof.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 09:11:59 AM »

So I guess Trump was wiretapped to, just like he said.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 09:15:07 AM »

No? Unless Trump is Manafort then how could he be wiretapped? Unless you'd call anyone who talks to Manafort as being "wiretapped" as well which doesn't make sense.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 09:27:57 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2017, 09:31:11 AM by Santander »

No? Unless Trump is Manafort then how could he be wiretapped? Unless you'd call anyone who talks to Manafort as being "wiretapped" as well which doesn't make sense.

Trump's said Trump Tower was tapped. Manafort had had an office with a phone in Trump Tower as the campaign manager, which was probably tapped. This would also qualify as at least one of the Trump campaign's phones being tapped.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 09:30:46 AM »

Trump's tweet said Trump Tower was tapped. Manafort had had an office with a phone in Trump Tower as the campaign manager, which was probably tapped.

Yeah, but Trump said Obama wiretapped him and Trump Tower which is false. If a phone was for Manafort in Trump Tower that doesn't mean "the tower" was wiretapped or they were tapping him. Semantics.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 05:01:12 PM »

Trump's calls to Manafort were being listened to, so he was being tapped as a second party.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »

Trump's calls to Manafort were being listened to, so he was being tapped as a second party.

That's an interesting interpretation.  If you called someone whose phones were being tapped, would you then say that you were the one being tapped?  No, the other person was the target.  Please remember that Trump's own DOJ has previously stated that there was no evidence of Obama wiretapping Trump.

But we can quibble over semantics forever.  Trump could clarify the whole situation by having the intercepts released.  He has the authority to do so.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 07:32:30 PM »

Trump's said Trump Tower was tapped. Manafort had had an office with a phone in Trump Tower as the campaign manager, which was probably tapped. This would also qualify as at least one of the Trump campaign's phones being tapped.

So if the FBI was wiretapping Paul Manafraud, it wasn't really tapping a Trump Tower. It's as if the FBI is wiretapping a mobster living in an apartment complex: the mobster is being wiretapped, and the other tenants aren't being tapped. 
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 08:41:47 PM »

An now Mueller is intreviewing Rosenstein about Comey's firing per WSJ https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/special-counsels-office-interviewed-deputy-attorney-general-rod-rosenstein-1505868289
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 10:39:15 PM »

Maybe Hillary will use some of her book advance to put money on Manafort's prison commissary. Lol.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 11:20:20 PM »

Regarding Don Trump and his claims of wiretapping, and their relationship with reality, I would hope (probably pointless, but still) that at least some Trumpers can understand the difference between these two scenarios:

Scenario 1 (Trump's version):
(Trump's own Justice Department politely called this a tissues of lies.)

Scenario 2 (Reality)
  Claiming that Scenario 2 proves Scenario 1 is... about what I'd expect from Trump cultists.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 12:29:51 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2017, 11:00:02 AM by pbrower2a »

If the Feds were wiretapping Paul Man-o'-fraud for criminal activities, then it isn't the Trump Towers that are wiretapped. It's the den of iniquity within the Trump Tower in which Paul Man-o'-fraud that was wiretapped. So the man two apartments down from him was having a steamy affair with his twenty-year-younger secretary, then that is not being spied upon. If the fellow three apartments away was operating an illicit bookmaking business, then that wasn't tapped.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies