The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:02:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 2  (Read 217540 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:44:38 PM »

Biden - “Guys, the wealthy are as patriotic as the poor. I know Bernie doesn’t like me saying that, but they are,”

Uncle Joe making another irrelevant weird statement while campaigning for the Dem Senate candidate in Alabama. Is he trying to position himself as the champion of the wealthy or is trying to get funding from donors, what is the purpose of saying this for the Alabama Senate race?

Joe is probably serious considering running.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 04:04:16 AM »

Biden is going to have the same issues as Hillary had - The support for the Iraq War, stupid interventions like Libya & so on. He should hammer Trump more on domestic policies.

Biden is going to do very well with the African American vote if Harris & Booker bomb.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 09:13:34 PM »

Biden is going to have the same issues as Hillary had - The support for the Iraq War, stupid interventions like Libya & so on. He should hammer Trump more on domestic policies.

Biden is going to do very well with the African American vote if Harris & Booker bomb.

Wasn't Biden opposed to intervention in Libya?

He was Obama's VP so he will own every bit of Obama's problems & will get painted as an ineffective powerless VP who had no sway otherwise. And who needs Libya, when he voted for the war in Iraq.

Biden is going to be having a hard time in the Dem primary.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 04:28:13 AM »

And who needs Libya, when he voted for the war in Iraq.
Nobody is going to care about that in 2020. 

Iraq is Vietnam re-incarnated. As long as Biden will be alive, his vote will haunt if he decides to run for Presidency. Anyone who voted for the war in Iraq will have a big disadvantage 2020, Hillary got hammered for that.

Besides as long the Middle East is a problem with terrorists groups n ISIS, Iraq War will be there. The war also killed many Americans & created trillions of $ of Debt. How do you recover from that kind of a blunder?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 09:49:13 PM »

The controversy over Bernie Sanders’s speech at the Women’s Convention, explained

The organizers of the Women’s Convention — an outgrowth of the Women’s March that drew millions of participants around the globe in January — sparked controversy on Thursday when they announced that Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) would be the conference’s opening-night speaker. “This event is literally called the ‘Women’s Convention,’” Lily Herman wrote at Refinery29, “so it’d be nice to see, you know, women in the spotlight.” MSNBC host Joy-Ann Reid and many others expressed similar sentiments, as Vox’s Jeff Stein noted.

The organizers of the convention countered that their program currently includes 60 women and only two men, and that they had invited a number of women — including Hillary Clinton, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) — who were unable to attend. And while Sanders is slated to speak on opening night, Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) will give the keynote address.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/10/13/16469216/bernie-sanders-womens-conference-speech
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 09:10:15 PM »

More than 20,000 people flooded the event page Friday morning for U.S. senator and former Democratic leadership candidate Bernie Sanders' upcoming visit to the University of Toronto. Due to the overwhelming response, the event sold out in one minute. What the U.S. Can Learn From Canadian Health Care will be held on Oct. 29 at Convocation Hall on the downtown Toronto campus. Sanders will be in conversation with Dr. Danielle Martin, associate professor at U of T's Dalla Lana School of Public Health.

https://www.utoronto.ca/news/bernie-sanders-event-u-t-sells-out-talk-will-be-livestreamed

Seems Canadian students too realiy like Sanders....20,000 slots sold in 1 minute
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 01:14:28 AM »

Jimmy Carter talks about the necessity of diplomacy, to avoid war & conflict & criticizes Obama sharply saying Democrats must be held to a higher standard than Republicans. He also repeated both him & his wife voted for Sanders & had some criticism for Clinton.

I think a dovish foreign policy candidate will get his vote, not that it matters a whole lot today -

Saying that he did not think “there’s much hope now that Israelis will ever permit a two-state solution,” he knocked Obama on the Middle East: “He made some very wonderful statements, in my opinion, when he first got in office, and then he reneged on that.” Recalling that “we have 22 votes in our family and Obama got all 22 of them,” he complained that Obama had “refused” to talk to North Korea more, and then Carter lamented the fact that Obama joined in the bombing of Yemen, which Carter says is the most interesting place he’s ever been. (He even tried chewing khat, an addictive shrub that acts like amphetamines.)

Carter noted that in the primary, “We voted for Sanders.” “I don’t care if he gets rich or Clinton gets rich or whatever,” he said. “I don’t want to get into a bragging position; I’m not trying to do that. But I announced when I was defeated I was not going to be on corporate boards, I was not going to try to enrich myself with speeches. I was patterning my policy after Harry Truman.” When I compared the Clinton Foundation with the Carter Center, Carter noted: “Rosie and I put money in the Carter Center. We never take any out.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/opinion/sunday/jimmy-carter-lusts-trump-posting.html

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 05:32:21 AM »

Jimmy Carter talks about the necessity of diplomacy, to avoid war & conflict & criticizes Obama sharply saying Democrats must be held to a higher standard than Republicans. He also repeated both him & his wife voted for Sanders & had some criticism for Clinton.

I think a dovish foreign policy candidate will get his vote, not that it matters a whole lot today -

Saying that he did not think “there’s much hope now that Israelis will ever permit a two-state solution,” he knocked Obama on the Middle East: “He made some very wonderful statements, in my opinion, when he first got in office, and then he reneged on that.” Recalling that “we have 22 votes in our family and Obama got all 22 of them,” he complained that Obama had “refused” to talk to North Korea more, and then Carter lamented the fact that Obama joined in the bombing of Yemen, which Carter says is the most interesting place he’s ever been. (He even tried chewing khat, an addictive shrub that acts like amphetamines.)

Carter noted that in the primary, “We voted for Sanders.” “I don’t care if he gets rich or Clinton gets rich or whatever,” he said. “I don’t want to get into a bragging position; I’m not trying to do that. But I announced when I was defeated I was not going to be on corporate boards, I was not going to try to enrich myself with speeches. I was patterning my policy after Harry Truman.” When I compared the Clinton Foundation with the Carter Center, Carter noted: “Rosie and I put money in the Carter Center. We never take any out.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/opinion/sunday/jimmy-carter-lusts-trump-posting.html

How is it a tea leaf?

Probably isn't. Wrong Thread !
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 10:30:04 PM »

Current Odds on Predict -

Sanders 20¢
Gillibrand 16¢
Harris 15¢
Warren 14¢
Biden 12¢
Booker 11¢