The Budget Process committee (Template Vote, 48 hours!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:57:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Budget Process committee (Template Vote, 48 hours!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Budget Process committee (Template Vote, 48 hours!)  (Read 6947 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2018, 04:05:24 PM »

Update: spending estimates for 2018 are very close to being finished and should be released in the shortly.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2018, 04:11:17 PM »

Speak of the devil and see his horns:

(Click to enlarge)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2018, 04:58:04 PM »

We have a $904 billion deficit?

Also can you explain the entries and what changes were made on the spending side in comparison to my template? Was the data for federal employees calculated? That was one of the missing links in healthcare spending.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2018, 05:02:30 PM »

Does the reduced military spending reflect the base closure and audit act or is there some other reason for the differential between the $600+ billion I had and the 542 billion you have?
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2018, 03:15:53 PM »

Also can you explain the entries and what changes were made on the spending side in comparison to my template?

Most of the spending estimates are based on the figures produced by you and PiT in addition to the gaps I've filled. Most of the estimates were reduced for realism purposes - had I not reduced the numbers and used the original figures plus my calculations to fill in the blanks, the deficit would have been $1,365bn.

Does the reduced military spending reflect the base closure and audit act or is there some other reason for the differential between the $600+ billion I had and the 542 billion you have?

Yes, plus some influence from the overall realism reduction.

Was the data for federal employees calculated? That was one of the missing links in healthcare spending.

I've searched many times through post-reset legislation trying to find anything about this but couldn't find anything. If you know where I can find the details, please tell me, it would be very helpful.

If anyone has any more issues, please query them soon. It would be nice to get this done soon because Lincoln and probably the South soon want to get their budgets done too.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2018, 02:50:18 AM »

Also can you explain the entries and what changes were made on the spending side in comparison to my template?

Most of the spending estimates are based on the figures produced by you and PiT in addition to the gaps I've filled. Most of the estimates were reduced for realism purposes - had I not reduced the numbers and used the original figures plus my calculations to fill in the blanks, the deficit would have been $1,365bn.

Yes, plus some influence from the overall realism reduction.

Was the data for federal employees calculated? That was one of the missing links in healthcare spending.

I've searched many times through post-reset legislation trying to find anything about this but couldn't find anything. If you know where I can find the details, please tell me, it would be very helpful.

If anyone has any more issues, please query them soon. It would be nice to get this done soon because Lincoln and probably the South soon want to get their budgets done too.

It would likely be pulled from RL as that would be an inherited responsibility and program that existed pre-reset.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2018, 02:54:19 AM »

What is the primary drivers of the budget deficit differential between Atlasia and RL? I would guess healthcare, correct?
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2018, 04:54:52 PM »

What is the primary drivers of the budget deficit differential between Atlasia and RL? I would guess healthcare, correct?

Largely, yeah. There are some smaller influences too such as Development and Tax Credits.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2018, 07:08:03 AM »

Any more comments/issues?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2018, 03:54:00 PM »

Final draft of the budget, courtesy of Deputy GM Thumb:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thoughts/comments/amendments? Or are we ready to put this to Congress?
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2018, 08:02:56 PM »

I think we are in need of a new Senator to fill the spot on the committee left by Scott when he left the Senate. I volunteer to be nominated to serve on it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2018, 12:41:55 PM »

I think we are in need of a new Senator to fill the spot on the committee left by Scott when he left the Senate. I volunteer to be nominated to serve on it.

I think this needs to occur in this thread:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=273168.0
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2018, 07:56:20 PM »

I'd like to inform the Committee that Senator LouisvilleThunder has been duly elected to replace Senator Scott.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2018, 02:36:05 AM »

Truman what is the schedule for us to vote on the final draft, it has been over three weeks since LT was elected to fill the vacancy on the Senate side?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2018, 10:54:21 PM »

Truman what is the schedule for us to vote on the final draft, it has been over three weeks since LT was elected to fill the vacancy on the Senate side?
Apologies; between midterms and then getting the flu, I've been struggling to meet all my commitments, and unfortunately this fell behind.

If there are no further objections, we will proceed to a final vote in 24 hours' time.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2018, 02:30:18 AM »

One quick question, where is the cut off set for bills spending and revenues being included in the budget outline?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2018, 12:26:50 PM »

One quick question, where is the cut off set for bills spending and revenues being included in the budget outline?
The bills that the committee provided to the game engine were included in the estimate; those passed since the estimate was calculated were not.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2018, 09:02:23 PM »

The bills that the committee provided to the game engine were included in the estimate; those passed since the estimate was calculated were not.

When was that estimate calculated exactly?
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2018, 02:27:24 PM »

When was that estimate calculated exactly?

The budget is up to date for the 18th of February.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2018, 12:52:49 AM »

Okay, and I realize this has been discussed partially before but I think there might be a mistake here.

Atlasian Healthcare ($1261.14 Billion)              
$423.77 Billion... Senior Healthcare
$44.31 Billion.... Veteran Healthcare
$12.90 Billion.... Federal employees' and retired employees' health benefits  
$388.98 Billion... Healthcare Subsidy (Medicaid (Federal Portion)+CHIP)
$36.44 Billion ... Healthcare Subsidy (Medicaid Underutilized Expansion Est. Fed Costs)
$338.85 Billion... Healthcare Subsidy (Sliding Scale for rest of population)
$15.89 Billion.... Healthcare Subsidy Office (HSO) and AtlasCare Office (ACO) Administration

Under the terms of the Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017, the Federal Subsidy program takes over for the entirety of Medicaid, not just the federal portion.

Section 1: Transition for Medicare and Medicaid
1. Recipients of Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program will be transitioned over in an orderly fashion, administered by the H&HS Sub-Department, into AtlasCare program, with their premiums, co-pays and deductibles subsidized 100%, under the premium subsidy established and paid for in Part 1, Section 2.3. All those who were eligible for the expansion of these programs under the ACA, will be eligible for this provision regardless of whether the state or Region took the voluntary expansions or not.

Is that incorporated in "rest of population"? Or is that somewhere else?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2018, 01:48:48 AM »

i know no one wants to redo healthcare (lol), but this could easily be cut in half
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2018, 02:52:13 AM »

i know no one wants to redo healthcare (lol), but this could easily be cut in half

I am fine with making changes, but I would oppose any attempt to alter the basic framework. I want most of these debates over healthcare regulation and structure to occur at the regional level.  At the same time we need to balance that with the responsibility to ensure people who need it have access to care.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2018, 02:57:20 AM »

Also, I would point out this is not unreasonable. Healthcare costs a bloody lot of money. 

Don't forget that the law consolidated all the existing programs into one. If you add up, all the programs that exist in RL you are going to hit $1.2 trillion easily

Medicare and Medicaid alone are $1.1 Trillion combined. Then you have the Obamacare subsidies, veterans, military, Federal employees, etc etc etc. Plus this program gives the middle class substantially more help than Obamacare and the equivalent of the Medicaid expansion being accepted in all 50 states.

You won't be able to "cut healthcare in half" without leaving people to die in the street. That equivalent amount would be abolishing Medicare.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2018, 06:52:39 PM »

Okay, and I realize this has been discussed partially before but I think there might be a mistake here.

Atlasian Healthcare ($1261.14 Billion)              
$423.77 Billion... Senior Healthcare
$44.31 Billion.... Veteran Healthcare
$12.90 Billion.... Federal employees' and retired employees' health benefits  
$388.98 Billion... Healthcare Subsidy (Medicaid (Federal Portion)+CHIP)
$36.44 Billion ... Healthcare Subsidy (Medicaid Underutilized Expansion Est. Fed Costs)
$338.85 Billion... Healthcare Subsidy (Sliding Scale for rest of population)
$15.89 Billion.... Healthcare Subsidy Office (HSO) and AtlasCare Office (ACO) Administration

Under the terms of the Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017, the Federal Subsidy program takes over for the entirety of Medicaid, not just the federal portion.

Section 1: Transition for Medicare and Medicaid
1. Recipients of Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program will be transitioned over in an orderly fashion, administered by the H&HS Sub-Department, into AtlasCare program, with their premiums, co-pays and deductibles subsidized 100%, under the premium subsidy established and paid for in Part 1, Section 2.3. All those who were eligible for the expansion of these programs under the ACA, will be eligible for this provision regardless of whether the state or Region took the voluntary expansions or not.

Is that incorporated in "rest of population"? Or is that somewhere else?

I'll look into it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2018, 04:10:01 AM »

If it ends up adding the other portion, I will just note that I am already working on a bill that will enable us to access or displace and replace with new revenues the state/regional portion of the medicaid funding.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies