The Budget Process committee (Template Vote, 48 hours!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:39:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Budget Process committee (Template Vote, 48 hours!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Budget Process committee (Template Vote, 48 hours!)  (Read 6994 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: October 04, 2017, 09:07:36 PM »

Apologies for butting in, but I just remembered that Congress passed thois law restructuring the corporate tax code last year; I don't know that it's been added to the wiki, but I figured it's relevant.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 10:15:21 PM »

Apologies for butting in, but I just remembered that Congress passed thois law restructuring the corporate tax code last year; I don't know that it's been added to the wiki, but I figured it's relevant.
It doesn't come into effect until 2018. Your more then welcome to comment in thread.
It comes into effect with the fiscal year of 2018, which began on 1 October 2017.

My god that is a horrible way to write legislation. It reads like a campaign speech not a bill.
Ah, post-reset 2016 — otherwise known as the Dark Age of parliamentary procedure. Tongue
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 11:24:41 PM »

Well, it has been awhile. Tongue

In my capacity as Game Moderator and according to the provisions of federal law, I have assumed presidency of this committee. There is quite a bit that needs to be accomplished, and the sooner we get at it, the better.

• Myself, Speaker Yankee, and Vice President PiT comprise the sitting members of this committee; there are two vacancies. The Senate and the executive branch each need to select a commissioner to replace Senator Scott (retired) and Secretary Texan (no longer part of the cabinet).

• The revenue estimate for 2018 needs be completed. I will be working with Deputy Game Moderator Thumb on this matter; if someone could confirm that these are the relevant figures, that would be helpful.

Have at it.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 05:56:14 PM »

Draft revenue estimate for 2018 (full credit to Deputy Game Moderator Thumb21 for his efforts to complete this project):
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 04:05:24 PM »

Update: spending estimates for 2018 are very close to being finished and should be released in the shortly.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 04:11:17 PM »

Speak of the devil and see his horns:

(Click to enlarge)
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 03:54:00 PM »

Final draft of the budget, courtesy of Deputy GM Thumb:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thoughts/comments/amendments? Or are we ready to put this to Congress?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 10:54:21 PM »

Truman what is the schedule for us to vote on the final draft, it has been over three weeks since LT was elected to fill the vacancy on the Senate side?
Apologies; between midterms and then getting the flu, I've been struggling to meet all my commitments, and unfortunately this fell behind.

If there are no further objections, we will proceed to a final vote in 24 hours' time.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 12:26:50 PM »

One quick question, where is the cut off set for bills spending and revenues being included in the budget outline?
The bills that the committee provided to the game engine were included in the estimate; those passed since the estimate was calculated were not.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 07:10:17 PM »

If there are no objections within twenty-four hours, we will proceed to a vote.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 06:37:30 PM »

Seeing no objection, we now move to a vote. Delegates will vote AYE, NAY, or Abstain. Voting will last seventy-two hours or until all delegates have voted.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 06:20:56 PM »

Oh yeah, AYE.

With five votes in favor and none opposed, the proposed Budget for the Fiscal Year of 2018 has been adopted.

If there is no further business before the Committee, I will declare this session dissolved.

Sorry, the last thirty-six hours have been Hell.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies