The Budget Process committee (Template Vote, 48 hours!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:53:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Budget Process committee (Template Vote, 48 hours!) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Budget Process committee (Template Vote, 48 hours!)  (Read 6968 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: September 24, 2017, 03:03:52 AM »
« edited: September 24, 2017, 03:13:53 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

AZ, while my election is being finalized, we can still start gathering up the relevant threads. Which I think you should put into a list in the OP for easy access:

This was what he inherited with the reset.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_federal_budget
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consolidated_Appropriations_Act,_2016

Bills that spend money or raise revenue by Congress:

8th Congress:
The Storm Surge, Coastal Flooding, and Tsunami Prevention Act of 2017

Renewable Energy Rebate and Subsidy Act
Public Service Act
Refugee Act 2017

7th Congress:
Student Loan Reform Act
Flint Reinvestment Act
Veterans’ Dental Health Act
Prescription Drug Transparency Act.
Atlasian Aid Protection Act
Forest Revitalization and Preservation Act
Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017

6th Congress (A lot of Resolutions, and non money related bills this Congress)

No More Going Hungry in Atlasia Act

Voting Rights Amendment

5th Congress
Come Out of the Shadows Act
HB 1077 Fiscal Responsibility in our Military Act
The Federal Penitentiary Reform Act of 2017 (FPRA)
Gas Tax Act of 2016
An amendment to the 'A Real Living Wage Act'
Ending the Embargo of Cuba Act (EECA)
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 03:37:20 AM »

4th:
Trolololololol
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=256857.0

I only got 3 bills and 1 Amendment out of this Congress, when I was President. I think I may have flipped those numbers a few times. None of them spent or raised money.

3rd
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=254309.0

Prior to that the Vice President didn't create a noticeboard thread, which is unfortunate.

We do have Never's Spreadsheet though:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cePYs24eSeTye1VjfXJTKL3XOrtsXey4qAmwLIlpkTo/edit?usp=sharing
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 09:39:19 PM »

We need to select a template for use to do the budget.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 01:01:59 AM »

Something else to consider. The unemployment rate is now higher than the RL one was in the FY2016. So that would balloon the deficit significantly.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 09:25:52 PM »

Apologies for butting in, but I just remembered that Congress passed thois law restructuring the corporate tax code last year; I don't know that it's been added to the wiki, but I figured it's relevant.

My god that is a horrible way to write legislation. It reads like a campaign speech not a bill.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 09:29:17 PM »

When discussing the format for the template, we need to have something has reasonable groupings or categories of spending so that it is easy to have debates over those matters. If these are two broad, it will make debating such spending matters difficult and if two narrow, make the budget far too long and complex to swallow.

This is the pre reset setup

FY2013 budget:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: Senator Ben for President Polnut
Slot: Executive Agenda
[/quote][/quote]
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 09:52:33 PM »

I submit the template used in the 2013 Budget proposal posted above.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 12:14:30 AM »

I support Deputy Chair Yankee's proposal. I am admittedly partial to the template that we have used in the South since 2011, but his is far more detailed and far superior.

Post your template.

The Deputy BPC Chair commandeth it!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 02:47:45 AM »

Option 1: North Carolina Yankee Template [1]

Option 2: PiT Template [ 2 ]
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 09:03:43 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2017, 06:31:21 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Actually lets start with taxes

Quote from: Restricted
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »

I remove obvious pre-reset stuff but I might have missed some stuff.

I would also note there is a littanny of stuff in the corporate Tax Reform bill that is going to make just taxes portion of this a nightmare.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 11:32:55 PM »

Is Gas above $2.50 a gallon?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 12:13:18 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2017, 06:58:17 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Based on RL FY2016 (save for Entitlements).   Will incorporate Atlasian Legislation in after RL data is integrated first:

Source

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 02:46:40 AM »
« Edited: October 27, 2017, 02:56:27 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

If someone wants to dig up the missing lines, which either were not included in the spreadsheet I dug up, or are Atlasia based composites, by all means. Tongue I am going to have to stop for now because I have to work tomorrow. Therefore it will likely be Sunday when I can continue.

I would note some of these would be variable based on the Atasian Economic situation like UI and Food Stamps.

And I have no doubt some of the blank ones are pre-reset strays that need to be deleted still, though I tried to remove those that smacked of being obvious such as the "Go Green Fund" or the National Broadcaster".

I am still considering how best to display Healthcare and I might still break it down further, from how I listed it for right now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 09:32:46 PM »

PiT, some of those are duplicates of what I did.  Tongue

For instance Come out of Shadows I threw in under Federal Law enforcement, see the parenthesis.

Also most of the entries for the Healthcare law are already there in the text, divided up by category. Hence the presence of 4 Subsidy lines and the ACO office administration.

What I really need is Federal Retiree and Employer Healthcare costs.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 04:07:26 AM »

We need revenue estimates from the Game Moderation team.

The spending portion is nearly finished using a combination of RL FY2016 spending and FY 2017 (for the entitlements). The few gaps that remain are 1) Afghanistan; 2) any remaining bills we might have missed; and 3) The last two line items for the Healthcare subsidy (Gov't employee and retiree healthcare and subsidized individuals above expanded medicaid income levels and up to the zeroing out of the subsidy under the healthcare law). Which is somewhere around $250 billion, but I want to nail that down further.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 11:37:05 PM »

The Carbon Tax Act is now law, so the template will need to be updated.  70% of revenues are evenly redistributed with 30% covering the cost of the Renewable Energy Rebate and Subsidy Act.

Well the good thing is some of that data at least is already available to the GM, at least for that aspect.

My apologies the department is working on this and it should be out by the 20th

It is now the 21st?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 11:42:31 PM »

Incorporating all bills, many of which are unknown contributions:

Based on RL FY2016 (save for Entitlements).   Will incorporate Atlasian Legislation in after RL data is integrated first:

Source

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 11:45:50 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2018, 11:48:03 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Well, it has been awhile. Tongue

In my capacity as Game Moderator and according to the provisions of federal law, I have assumed presidency of this committee. There is quite a bit that needs to be accomplished, and the sooner we get at it, the better.

• Myself, Speaker Yankee, and Vice President PiT comprise the sitting members of this committee; there are two vacancies. The Senate and the executive branch each need to select a commissioner to replace Senator Scott (retired) and Secretary Texan (no longer part of the cabinet).

• The revenue estimate for 2018 needs be completed. I will be working with Deputy Game Moderator Thumb on this matter; if someone could confirm that these are the relevant figures, that would be helpful.

Have at it.

It is probably 95% correct. The only missing item is the carbon tax passed after it was posted. Also the tax credits might still include ghosts from pre-reset that were not from RL but Atlasian statute's that were passed at the time but have not been subsequent passed. I have reviewed it twice and removed some each time, but some of them look weird but don't seem to be connected to any statutes that I can find. They could be something that was passed prior to even me joining Atlasia but don't exist in RL and don't exist post reset. I would recommend that the be reviewed again.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 04:58:04 PM »

We have a $904 billion deficit?

Also can you explain the entries and what changes were made on the spending side in comparison to my template? Was the data for federal employees calculated? That was one of the missing links in healthcare spending.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 05:02:30 PM »

Does the reduced military spending reflect the base closure and audit act or is there some other reason for the differential between the $600+ billion I had and the 542 billion you have?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 02:50:18 AM »

Also can you explain the entries and what changes were made on the spending side in comparison to my template?

Most of the spending estimates are based on the figures produced by you and PiT in addition to the gaps I've filled. Most of the estimates were reduced for realism purposes - had I not reduced the numbers and used the original figures plus my calculations to fill in the blanks, the deficit would have been $1,365bn.

Does the reduced military spending reflect the base closure and audit act or is there some other reason for the differential between the $600+ billion I had and the 542 billion you have?

Yes, plus some influence from the overall realism reduction.

Was the data for federal employees calculated? That was one of the missing links in healthcare spending.

I've searched many times through post-reset legislation trying to find anything about this but couldn't find anything. If you know where I can find the details, please tell me, it would be very helpful.

If anyone has any more issues, please query them soon. It would be nice to get this done soon because Lincoln and probably the South soon want to get their budgets done too.

It would likely be pulled from RL as that would be an inherited responsibility and program that existed pre-reset.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 02:54:19 AM »

Also can you explain the entries and what changes were made on the spending side in comparison to my template?

What is the primary drivers of the budget deficit differential between Atlasia and RL? I would guess healthcare, correct?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 12:41:55 PM »

I think we are in need of a new Senator to fill the spot on the committee left by Scott when he left the Senate. I volunteer to be nominated to serve on it.

I think this needs to occur in this thread:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=273168.0
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 02:36:05 AM »

Truman what is the schedule for us to vote on the final draft, it has been over three weeks since LT was elected to fill the vacancy on the Senate side?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies