German Federal Election - Sept. 24 - Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:09:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  German Federal Election - Sept. 24 - Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
Author Topic: German Federal Election - Sept. 24 - Results Thread  (Read 29713 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: October 04, 2017, 09:12:31 AM »

List vote percentages...

palandio

« Reply #426 on: October 04, 2017, 01:54:44 PM »

Always interesting to see how the East-West divide is still extreme in most parts of the city, but not at all in the inner city: Electorally Friedrichshain and Prenzlauer Berg on the eastern side cannot be easily told apart from Kreuzberg, (Northern) Neukölln and parts of Wedding and Moabit on the western side. These quarters all have weak CDU, FDP and AfD and strong Greens and Linke.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #427 on: October 08, 2017, 08:02:11 PM »

Full Size
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #428 on: October 14, 2017, 09:35:21 PM »

The municipality where the AfD achieved its best nationwide result (47.4%) is Dorfchemnitz (not to be confused with the city of Chemnitz) in Saxony within Frauke Petry's constituency. It has 1,565 inhabitants and lies near the border to the Czech Republic.

After the election, a myriad of reporters laid siege to that village.
This coverage is probably the best one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4QvxPfPbgY

All of the coverages have in common that barely one wanted to admit to the reporters that they had voted AfD, all the interviewees told them they are cut off from the outside world ("We have only one baker's, one butcher's, and apart from that we have nothing."), and only one single politician campaigned in that village - Frauke Petry.

That all reminds me very much of the talk about "flyover states" in the aftermath of the latest U.S. presidential election.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #429 on: October 15, 2017, 06:20:55 AM »

Turnout at 10 am in Lower Saxony at 8.21% (5.37% in 2013).
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #430 on: October 15, 2017, 06:30:16 AM »

Turnout at 10 am in Lower Saxony at 8.21% (5.37% in 2013).
I don't think this is the right thread for that.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #431 on: January 19, 2018, 10:33:11 AM »

What will the green demand in the coalition talks?

Probably no upper limit for new refugees, Diesel ban, state funding of electric vehicles and class action.

What do you mean by "class action"?

Musterfeststellungsklage. Smiley
Class action is the only translation I found.

If several people want to sue a company they have to do it person by person.
By contrast, in the US several people can build a group and sue the company as one unit.

This issue has risen after the diesel scandal.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I'm so happy to tell you I was taught by a genuine lawyer today that class action is indeed the correct translation for Musterfeststellungsklage. 🤩
The grand coalition wanted to pass a Verbandsmusterfeststellungsklage law, but the lobbyists prevailed upon the government to shelve those plans... 🤬
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #432 on: January 19, 2018, 12:03:24 PM »

What will the green demand in the coalition talks?

Probably no upper limit for new refugees, Diesel ban, state funding of electric vehicles and class action.

What do you mean by "class action"?

Musterfeststellungsklage. Smiley
Class action is the only translation I found.

If several people want to sue a company they have to do it person by person.
By contrast, in the US several people can build a group and sue the company as one unit.

This issue has risen after the diesel scandal.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I'm so happy to tell you I was taught by a genuine lawyer today that class action is indeed the correct translation for Musterfeststellungsklage. 🤩
The grand coalition wanted to pass a Verbandsmusterfeststellungsklage law, but the lobbyists prevailed upon the government to shelve those plans... 🤬

You're absolutely right, although without context it might be clearer what's being referred to to say "class action lawsuit," which is the full term in English (often shortened to "class action").
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #433 on: January 28, 2018, 07:45:00 PM »

So the main center-right and right-wing parties (CDU/CSU, FDP, and AfD) added together got 56-57% in the West and also in the East.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #434 on: January 31, 2018, 02:29:08 PM »

The Federal Returning Officer has compiled and published official statistics about the last federal election - and he discovered two new records:

27.3% of the voters - as many as never before - opted for vote splitting, i. e. they gave their votes (one for a direct candidate and one for a party list) to two different parties.
In 2009, 26.4% of the voters split their vote, and in 2013 only 23% did it.
Especially FDP voters used that option; 33.8% gave their first vote to the direct candidate from the CDU.
Most of the AfD supporters didn't split their vote, but those who did mostly chose the CDU candidate for the direct mandate.
The Green splitters mostly chose - as usual - the direct candidate from the SPD, but this time the CDU candidates received as many votes from the Green supporters as never.

Furthermore, the share of absentee voters achieved an record value, too: 28.6%, 4.3 percentage points more than in 2013.
Many more West Germans opted for postal voting than East Germans do. The share in Saxony-Anhalt was only 17.9%, while the 37.3% of the Bavarians chose that option.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies