German Federal Election - Sept. 24 - Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:26:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  German Federal Election - Sept. 24 - Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: German Federal Election - Sept. 24 - Results Thread  (Read 29895 times)
Bumaye

« on: September 24, 2017, 10:07:33 AM »

I thought this election was boring?  Why is turnout so damn high?

It's the combination of people protest voting against the current political standstill (AfD, Linke, PARTEI) and the fear of a major AfD victory I'd say. We saw this in the Netherlands already where people flocked to the polling stations to stop the PVV from finishing first.  

Bumaye

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 11:46:57 AM »

Do you think the AfD could have received a plurality in Saxony (and maybe in a second Land)?

The SPD is so weak in Saxony that I believe the CDU is still ahead. I have fears for Mecklenburg-Vorpommern though...
Bumaye

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 11:54:51 AM »

A minor thing that gives me some relief: There wouldn't be a majority for CDU/CSU and AfD. I believe that the FDP is at least in that case steadfast enough to not work with the AfD but the Union in 4 years? Looking at Austria that doesn't seem impossible. Good that it is mathematically impossible for now.  

Also Jamaica - which means a conservative Green party - will mean big gains for Die Linke next time around.
Bumaye

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 01:09:21 PM »

Please tell me how Jamaica will not be suicide for the Greens.

Won't lie to you. The Greens are dead meat. And honestly I don't see yet how they will form a coalition to begin with. Seehofer already has declared that the CSU will go hard left to close the gap opened for the AfD but that is something not even the " our ideals"-party of the Greens will go with.
Bumaye

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 01:21:20 PM »

The Greens (18%) have beaten the SPD (17%) among voters with a university degree according to Infratest Dimap.
Bumaye

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 01:37:10 PM »

I actually enjoy him quite a bit right now, he is acting like an opposition leader, not like Angie's sidekick.   

Merkel: "Mathematically it is enough for a Grand Coalition." 
Schulz: "Mathematically, but not politically." 

It's funny though how the FDP (first Kubicki, now Lindner) criticize the SPD for ruling out a Grand Coalition. They already fear to go into another Merkel-lead government since they know they will get ed by it again.
Bumaye

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 01:53:01 PM »

So far Die Linke (18,5%) is ahead of the SPD (18,3%) in Berlin. Holy balls.
Bumaye

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 04:20:24 PM »

Looking at the result in Chemnitz, Saxony's third largest city where the AfD got 24,3% and is only 0,6% behind the CDU, I doubt that Dresden and Leipzig will make that much of a difference.
Bumaye

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 04:37:04 PM »

To be honest I'm quite relieved right now seeing the results in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. In my voting district (Schwerin) they only ended up 4th and overall they might even stay below their result from the state elections. The only district I was worried about to fall to the AfD (Vorpommern-Greifswald) has the CDU 7,7% ahead. The turnout is 6,2% higher then 4 years ago and Die PARTEI has crushed it's state election result from last year and almost doubled their numbers.
Bumaye

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 04:40:30 PM »

It seems also Bautzen I. won by AfD candidate. The border region with Czech Republic is the stronghold for the Alternative.

I'm starting to see a pattern between AfD-strongholds and Crystal Meth users.  

Bumaye

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 05:26:46 PM »

Is a Jamaica coalition appearing most likely?

It is literally the only viable option.
Bumaye

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 06:27:57 PM »

MV is completely counted, here are the changes compared to the state election last year:  

CDU: 33,1% (+14,1%)  
AfD: 18,6% (-2,2%)  
Linke: 17,8% (+5,6%)  
SPD: 17,4% (-13,2%)  
FDP: 4,7% (+1,3%)  
Grüne: 3,6% (-1,2%)  
Animal Protection Party: 1,3% (+0,1%)  
NPD: 1,1% (-1,9%)  
Die PARTEI: 1,0% (+0,4%)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length