Kamala Harris, Booker Are Early 2020 Favs Among Black Leaders
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:10:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris, Booker Are Early 2020 Favs Among Black Leaders
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kamala Harris, Booker Are Early 2020 Favs Among Black Leaders  (Read 2605 times)
Possiblymaybe
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2017, 12:56:14 AM »
« edited: September 29, 2017, 01:20:30 AM by Possiblymaybe »

Booker and Harris have the same NRA F-rating
People seem to just assume he's more conservative on certain things like gay marriage and gun control without checking his record.
The latest CNN polls also suggest Booker doesn't poll well with women. He's getting 5 times the male support as he's getting female support. Harris polls much more balanced in terms of gender. Booker isn't gonna win the nomination without black women or just women in general getting behind him. This thread wasn't really about the GE but the same is true in a GE, Hillary didn't do anywhere near as well as Obama with (white) women.

See this is exactly the problem you're having here. You're using really nerdy permavirgin atlas logic to justify somebody being liberal or conservative. Look at who's the POTUS right now for proof that people vote based on their feefees. If their feefees tell them that Booker is more conservative then guess who the more socially conservative black community is going to vote for? There's your answer.
I thought you were capable of discussing without resorting to insults. Look the fact that you use white women who voted for trump as evidence in a thread about the black community really isn't helping.. at all.

94% of black women voted for Hillary, they vote at a 10% higher rate than black men, and at a higher rate than any other demographic or gender so it goes without saying that any viable primary candidate would need their backing. You're suggesting that they are conservative when research shows that black women are much more liberal than black men.Younger black voters are increasingly more left leaning and i don't think that will change under the trump administration.

You don't like "nerdy statistics" ( quite ironic btw considering you seem to be basing your entire argument on some gay marriage statistics)? At the CBC there was a line stretching down the hall of people trying to take pics and talk to Harris after she spoke. This wasn't happening for Booker. The same thing happened at a (non black) criminal justice reform conference in June where they both spoke. Like this article says, right now she excites people more than he does, but this might change of course, we are only in 2017.

The White male privledge in your argument is unbearable.
I am not white, bro...

But clearly male and privileged since you didn't deny that. It's warping your thinking.
Yes and no. Why are you making this conversation about me? I was literally arguing black womens importance in a primary. And I am making the case for a (black) woman over a (black) male. You're making bizarre accusations of (white lol) male privilege? The irony is that you have these stereotypical ideas of black people as monolithic and so anti gay they wouldn't vote for someone who argues for non discrimination of LGBT people... this idea is vastly exaggerated
"But on nondiscrimination, there’s a real “parting of the ways,” he said, “where an experience as a racial minority is informing and influencing their views on these issues that it just doesn’t among white evangelicals.”"
https://thinkprogress.org/new-survey-debunks-the-myth-of-black-homophobia-e5066ae38aa8
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies