Differences Between Protestant Denominations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:21:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Differences Between Protestant Denominations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Differences Between Protestant Denominations  (Read 433 times)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 27, 2017, 10:42:27 PM »

One of the things I love most about being a Congregationalist southern Baptist is the extreme rejection of church hierarchy. I believe church is a valuable resource for study, sharing and growing in faith, building community, and evangelism, however I do not see it as an essential requirement for salvation. The church is all believers, not a cabal who have any earthly powers over spiritual matters. I've always found the idea that a church of men somehow has the power to control an individual believer's personal relationship with God, or even damn them,  is idiotic and repugnant to actual Christianity. So that makes us radically different that diet catholic denominations like Episcopalians.
This. This This. Bolded is very important. No one individual or Church can control all theological because man is fallible. No one in infallible.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies