What is with
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:30:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What is with
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is with  (Read 563 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2017, 12:25:14 AM »

all of the old people, some of which who deregistered and others who have been out of office for a long time now suddenly coming back and declaring that they know what is best when they have not been paying hardly any attention, if any at all (and looking through past threads does not count lol). (btw this isn't a dig at Oakvale/Potus as both advised me some in the feb - jun period). I do not see why people think they have a right to come back, especially after not caring about the game and/or actively calling others stupid and think that they should be in office. It is probably one of the stupidest dynamics I have seen since registering since June 2016.....fun hint: if you think you are going to save the game....you aren't, especially with old washed up ideas that have no relevance in modern atlasia.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 12:36:42 AM »

And I might get annoyed by people like Poirot at times, but at least I know people like him, Yankee, Windjammer, Winfield, and even Adam ---- actually care about the game.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 01:08:42 AM »

I am fine with old people coming back, but it is reasonable to expect some investment in the modern game.

Duke spent a good period of time in-active after he left the Senate following his narrow defeat to Snowguy for President in Oct 2011. Rather than jump in and run against Nappy say in October 2012 (which Nappy was begging for, literally, he was practically on his knees begging me or Duke to run against him, he even told me so two years ago Tongue), he instead ran for IDS legislator and served multiple terms before becoming Vice President and then ultimately President.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 01:44:43 AM »

I am fine with old people coming back, but it is reasonable to expect some investment in the modern game.

Duke spent a good period of time in-active after he left the Senate following his narrow defeat to Snowguy for President in Oct 2011. Rather than jump in and run against Nappy say in October 2012 (which Nappy was begging for, literally, he was practically on his knees begging me or Duke to run against him, he even told me so two years ago Tongue), he instead ran for IDS legislator and served multiple terms before becoming Vice President and then ultimately President.

I suspect it is a matter of humbleness. Some folks understand the need to rebuild themselves and their images, starting from the ground up once more. Other folks are confident in jumping back in and acting as if nothing ever happened. Those people might find other old-timers to affirm them, but they soon hit a wall in that their way of thinking is outmoded and unpersuasive to the bulk of the populace.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 02:36:07 AM »

I wholeheartedly agree: Leinad's Supreme Court pick is a travesty!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 04:22:51 AM »

rude.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 04:33:22 AM »

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 01:16:53 PM »

When you get your first female president, all the boys come out of the woodwork "cuz they can do it better!  Things have never been this bad!"

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 03:20:30 PM »

I used to be with it, then they changed what it was, now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.*

*I don't know if this thread is directed at me, although if it is I think that's unfair seeing as I only emerged to counter slander about the past, but if it's not this is still relevant.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 03:23:19 PM »

I used to be with it, then they changed what it was, now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.*

*I don't know if this thread is directed at me, although if it is I think that's unfair seeing as I only emerged to counter slander about the past, but if it's not this is still relevant.

Why would it be directed it at you?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 05:00:47 PM »

Who knows who it's directed at? Apparently it's not directed at:

Oakvale
Bore
Yankee
Windjammer
Winfield
Myself

Am I missing anybody?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 05:02:41 PM »

Y'all figure it out, I have had many a guilty conscience step forward and make it about them, though Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 06:14:38 PM »

Who knows who it's directed at? Apparently it's not directed at:

Oakvale
Bore
Yankee
Windjammer
Winfield
Myself

Am I missing anybody?

Well I don't qualify as of the first line. I have consistently held office, except for a short break just prior to the reset (like 3 weeks until I became Judicial Overlord) and of course that two month vacation to Brazil that Hagrid bought for me in February 2015, since July 2009.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 12:28:22 PM »

all of the old people, some of which who deregistered and others who have been out of office for a long time now suddenly coming back and declaring that they know what is best when they have not been paying hardly any attention, if any at all (and looking through past threads does not count lol). (btw this isn't a dig at Oakvale/Potus as both advised me some in the feb - jun period). I do not see why people think they have a right to come back, especially after not caring about the game and/or actively calling others stupid and think that they should be in office. It is probably one of the stupidest dynamics I have seen since registering since June 2016.....fun hint: if you think you are going to save the game....you aren't, especially with old washed up ideas that have no relevance in modern atlasia.

I'm not going to save the game. I'm just going to vote against conservatives. Purple heart
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies