Will public opinion shift towards the NFL protests?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:33:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will public opinion shift towards the NFL protests?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will it?
Yes

No, it'll stay the same

It'll only go more against them

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Will public opinion shift towards the NFL protests?  (Read 2408 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2017, 10:27:44 PM »

Liberals hate sports so it will not have an impactful long-term effect
I wish liberals hated sports. Sports is very, very toxic, and in subtle, indirect ways, unlike Hollywood, social media, and the media/news.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 05:32:32 PM »

Trump's popularity is surging and sadly this will only help him. A lot of on the fence white folks are gung ho Trump supporters after this week. If this continues he'll be above 50% approval by the end of next month.

So far not happening...
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 07:58:56 PM »

Trump's popularity is surging and sadly this will only help him. A lot of on the fence white folks are gung ho Trump supporters after this week. If this continues he'll be above 50% approval by the end of next month.

Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2017, 06:29:40 AM »

I would suggest that the one can be against Trump AND against the players' position on this issue.

This is an issue (as many are) where Trump's enemies have helped Trump made it all about Trump.  GOOD JOB!

My opinion on this issue wouldn't change if I had voted for Clinton.  These guys are wrong.  They are disrespectful of fans that have supported them, and given that Standing For The Anthem is a gesture of support for our Military (of which many fans have family members in its service), they are taking out their anger on the wrong folks.  If they really believe that America is a Deplorable Racist Nation without virtue, then I have no use for these folks, and neither does the majority of America under those circumstances.
i4indyguy
Rookie
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2017, 07:25:37 AM »

This is an issue (as many are) where Trump's enemies have helped Trump made it all about Trump.  GOOD JOB!

These guys are wrong.  They are disrespectful of fans that have supported them

"These guys are wrong." ??
 Very subjective based on your personal experiences with race and police experience.
One could just as easily say that 'fans' are being in your words: "disrespectful" to the players for getting 'annoyed' that successful black men have the nerve to assert they are being deprived basic rights and respect.  If respect for players is conditional on being forced to remain silent, we are opening up a GIGANTIC can of worms, and I would be surprised if anyone (possibly you) would want to deal with that.    (If you are intellectually DENSE, Pretend FUZZY BEAR having to defend why Tim Tebow is "Disrespecting" to his fans. 

given that Standing For The Anthem is a gesture of support for our Military (of which many fans have family members in its service), they are taking out their anger on the wrong folks.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2017, 09:49:17 AM »

Liberals hate sports so it will not have an impactful long-term effect

I love baseball.  I like basketball.  I live in the car racing capitol of the world.  I like fishing.  I enjoy the outdoors.

Really?  I guess all my football, hockey, and baseball memorabilia just magically appeared in my home.
I don't "get" auto racing so maybe that is the only thing you consider a sport.

Really? Because I love college football, hockey, soccer, and sometimes baseball.

Atlas members,
Sprouts Farmers Market is known to post stupid comments, just to get a-kick out of seeing responses. Don't waste your time or brain-cells on this strange troll.

What on Earth would lead you to believe there should be a "-" in between "brain" and "cells"?!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2017, 12:20:03 PM »

So far it hasnt

The reason this is hurting the NFL is simple:

- there are far more people who stopped watching the NFL because of the protests than people who have started to watch the NFL because of the protest.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 02:01:47 PM »

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/01/media/nfl-papa-johns-protests/index.html?sr=twCNN110117nfl-papa-johns-protests1140AMVODtopLink
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2017, 02:44:07 PM »

Don't the player contracts have some. clause that players are not supposed to do stuff that hurts the franchise? That is really the issue. The rest is noise. I frankly don't care what these hulks believe or think about anyway. Their appeal is their bodies and what they do with them, not their brains.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »

Don't the player contracts have some. clause that players are not supposed to do stuff that hurts the franchise? That is really the issue. The rest is noise. I frankly don't care what these hulks believe or think about anyway. Their appeal is their bodies and what they do with them, not their brains.

1) Yes

2) Much like Hollywood.

Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2017, 07:00:13 PM »

1) Yes

2) Much like Hollywood.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies