Trump's Katrina: The ongoing crisis in Puerto Rico
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:00:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump's Katrina: The ongoing crisis in Puerto Rico
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Trump's Katrina: The ongoing crisis in Puerto Rico  (Read 8553 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2017, 12:34:02 AM »

If trump is going to Puerto Rico expecting a hero’s welcome he is sorely mistaking. I hope they give him a piece of their mind.

What also pisses me off is that people are ignoring them solely because they are unaware that PR is a ing U.S. Territory. I can’t begin to count how many of my Trumper cousins have been bashing the San Juan mayor on Facebook, calling her “ignorant.”  Makes me sick to my stomach.

Agreed. Gonna drop this video update here from CNN (on the ground) to further strengthen your point.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/913945349903065088?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&refsrc=email&iid=700e41fc54784c419ed44b68936457a0&uid=2479133352&nid=244+272699392
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2017, 12:41:00 AM »

If trump is going to Puerto Rico expecting a hero’s welcome he is sorely mistaking. I hope they give him a piece of their mind.

What also pisses me off is that people are ignoring them solely because they are unaware that PR is a ing U.S. Territory. I can’t begin to count how many of my Trumper cousins have been bashing the San Juan mayor on Facebook, calling her “ignorant.”  Makes me sick to my stomach.

Agreed. Gonna drop this video update here from CNN (on the ground) to further strengthen your point.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/913945349903065088?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&refsrc=email&iid=700e41fc54784c419ed44b68936457a0&uid=2479133352&nid=244+272699392

The fact that Trumpers are actually trying to discredit the accounts as “false” just because it’s by CNN shows that they really don’t give a damn about the people suffering. They’re actually trying to defend Trump’s horrific and revolting response. They only care about themselves and Donald Trump.

Don’t worry though! They’ll send as many prayers as possible!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2017, 07:21:08 AM »

So, Trump was triggered by the mayor of San Juan's, Carmen Yulín, response to the administration's misinformation, in which they say things were fine even as casualties increase by the day in the island. So, he decided to go on a Twitter tantrum, calling her "nasty" and calling Puerto Ricans lazy...

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2017, 07:37:08 AM »

Someone should ask Trump if he agrees with the 2016 RNC platform plank that supports Puerto Rican statehood.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2017, 07:41:51 AM »

I'm gonna vomit.
kyc0705

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2017, 08:09:27 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2017, 08:13:24 AM by kyc0705 »

Lin-Manuel Miranda for president.

Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2017, 08:27:44 AM »

So, Trump was triggered by the mayor of San Juan's, Carmen Yulín, response to the administration's misinformation, in which they say things were fine even as casualties increase by the day in the island. So, he decided to go on a Twitter tantrum, calling her "nasty" and calling Puerto Ricans lazy...

Hoooooly s--t. What a douchebag.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2017, 08:47:16 AM »

Trump is a textbook sociopath
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2017, 09:27:35 AM »

Hoooooly s--t. What a douchebag.

Literally no words for this. That man is beyond deplorable.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2017, 09:44:58 AM »

Dog whistle racist accusations should improve his standing with the base.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2017, 10:05:36 AM »

I am so disgusted by this. I cannot believe he's willing to talk about his constituents this way.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2017, 10:20:18 AM »

I am so disgusted by this. I cannot believe he's willing to talk about his constituents this way.

They don't have any electoral college votes so he doesn't care about them.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2017, 10:47:17 AM »

His response is becoming something far worse than the response to Katrina. His attacks on Mayor Cruz make me want to throw up.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2017, 10:50:10 AM »

Years of watching Fox conditions you to automatically reject any non-white asking for money for any reason as a hand-out, Trump is no different than your terrible grandfather.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2017, 10:59:17 AM »

Saying that government officials in PR could not get the workers to help is not the same thing as calling them lazy. He is saying that PR governments are disorganized and and are not using their resources and manpower effectively. I don't know enough to really have an opinion on what he said, but it's definitely not dog whistling. I'm a dog and I didn't hear anything
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2017, 11:35:27 AM »

#LazyPuertoRicans

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2017, 11:54:06 AM »

I'll drop this here too.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2017, 12:18:04 PM »

Dotards gonna dotard.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2017, 12:18:55 PM »

Saying that government officials in PR could not get the workers to help is not the same thing as calling them lazy. He is saying that PR governments are disorganized and and are not using their resources and manpower effectively. I don't know enough to really have an opinion on what he said, but it's definitely not dog whistling. I'm a dog and I didn't hear anything

You're smarter than the average dog.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2017, 12:26:18 PM »

Lives are being lost as the president tirades Puerto Ricans for not doing enough.
Yet he is spending this time, as people suffer from inefficient/undermanned aid, on a golf course.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2017, 12:45:37 PM »

Next Tuesday is too late.

Anyway, it’s time Puerto Rico became a state. They pay taxes, they fly our flag, they are citizens, they can become president (yet aren’t allowed to vote in the general), no passport is needed to travel there. I suspect a lot of people don’t know most of that, and I bet the president didn’t know, which is the most likely reason for his delayed and weak response.

They are as American as anyone in the mainland and should finally be treated as such.
Basically this. Hurricane Maria was the strongest hurricane in a decade, and American citizens are going to die if Trump doesn't get up off his ass, stop tweeting about the NFL, and go help Puerto Rico and the USVI. It's a humanitarian crisis and Trump needs to be held completely accountable for any loss of life that occurs as a result of his administration's negligence.

Or maybe if we stop spending money on fictional things trying to determine how much polar ice caps melting cause bears to have diarrhea, maybe we could spend it on better forecasting tool to see storms like Maria and give people more time to prepare?

Citation needed.

Seriously, I am interested in this Federal funding about polar ice caps melting causing Bears diarrhea. Please cite with a link, naso. Otherwise we will assume that you've agreed you are wrong and your argument has no basis whatsoever.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2017, 12:49:36 PM »

Criticize Bush for Katrina all you want, but at least he didn't say that people in NO were a bunch of whiny babies who "wanted everything done for them" after a Cat 5 hurricane destroyed their city.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2017, 03:02:12 PM »

Criticize Bush for Katrina all you want, but at least he didn't say that people in NO were a bunch of whiny babies who "wanted everything done for them" after a Cat 5 hurricane destroyed their city.

Well, no president except Donald Trump would have said the things Donald Trump has said.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2017, 03:28:05 PM »

Excellent point, let's all take this in.
Puerto Rico had a Category 5 hurricane go right through the center of the entire island, moving forward at a very slow speed further intensifying the destruction, and yet our president wants to conduct himself like an assh**e.
Sometimes I wonder if this is all real. When will I awake from this nightmare ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies