Poll. 3 questions regarding Trump & NFL anthem controversy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:41:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll. 3 questions regarding Trump & NFL anthem controversy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: VOTE 3 TIMES. The topic of the questions are regarding Trump and the NFL anthem controversy.
1A. Trump is further dividing the nation.
1B. Trump is bringing us more together.
2A. Not OK for Trump to tell employers to fire their employees.
2B. OK for Trump to tell employers to fire their employees.
3A. Unpresidential for Trump to call players SOB.
3B. Presidential and proper for Trump to call players SOB.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poll. 3 questions regarding Trump & NFL anthem controversy  (Read 2446 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2017, 08:21:09 PM »

Voted A on the first two, no opinion on him calling people SOBs.

I get aggravated when people like LeBron James say Trump is "dividing" America due to his opinions on the national anthem protests.

The people taking a knee during the anthem are the ones beginning the divisions. They started it. That's the divide. Trump saying what millions of others agree with isn't dividing us.

Fake outrage over things that make no sense. That's why the Democratic Party isn't in positions of power.

"They started it" doesn't absolve Trump of responsibility for the effect of his own statements. The issue was created by players kneeling, but Trump's over the top reaction to it made the issue even more polarizing. It's not like only one person can be divisive at a time.

HisGrace, there is no legitimate issue here. Okay? The issue is, the African American community is in shambles. They have the highest dropout rates, the highest crime rates, the highest murder rates, the highest out of wedlock birth rates...the list goes on and on and on.

And it's not Hillary Clinton's fault, it's not Barack Obama's fault, it's not Donald Trump's fault...it's their fault.

You hear these people on the left saying "Whites don't care when a cop shoots a black guy!" You want to know the truth? Whites also don't care when a cop shoots a white guy.

Remember the YouTube comedy clip of "Indifferent White Guy"? It's a parody but it's a funny parody for a reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMqR2XVnV-4

Whites are indifferent when it comes to criminality. They have rejected it out almost outright. If it wasn't for my screwed up millennial generation, things would be better and Trump would have won a Reagan-style victory.

African Americans keep protesting things that make no sense. You can't get angry when there is a justified police shooting. I'm tired of it. Why not get angry at the violence and black on black crime in places like Chicago?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2017, 08:23:55 PM »

I get aggravated when people like LeBron James say Trump is "dividing" America due to his opinions on the national anthem protests.

The people taking a knee during the anthem are the ones beginning the divisions. They started it. That's the divide. Trump saying what millions of others agree with isn't dividing us.

Fake outrage over things that make no sense. That's why the Democratic Party isn't in positions of power.

"They started it" doesn't absolve Trump of responsibility for the effect of his own statements. The issue was created by players kneeling, but Trump's over the top reaction to it made the issue even more polarizing. It's not like only one person can be divisive at a time.

HisGrace, there is no legitimate issue here. Okay? The issue is, the African American community is in shambles. They have the highest dropout rates, the highest crime rates, the highest murder rates, the highest out of wedlock birth rates...the list goes on and on and on.

And it's not Hillary Clinton's fault, it's not Barack Obama's fault, it's not Donald Trump's fault...it's their fault.

You hear these people on the left saying "Whites don't care when a cop shoots a black guy!" You want to know the truth? Whites also don't care when a cop shoots a white guy.

Remember the YouTube comedy clip of "Indifferent White Guy"? It's a parody but it's a funny parody for a reason:

Whites are indifferent when it comes to criminality. They have rejected it out almost outright. If it wasn't for my screwed up millennial generation, things would be better and Trump would have won a Reagan-style victory.

African Americans keep protesting things that make no sense. You can't get angry when there is a justified police shooting. I'm tired of it. Why not get angry at the violence and black on black crime in places like Chicago?

Wow.
Why don't you tell us how you really feel.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2017, 08:29:28 PM »

Wow.

It's the stupidest thing ever. It's this younger generation and their inability to understand reason.

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »

Same^
And also, these questions are very biased.  The POINT is, respect the troops.  I don't hate the troops.

No one "hates the troops." Kapi never said he hates the troops. The new players, owners, coaches, anthem singers who have recently kneeled, have never said they hate the troops.

The POINT has nothing to do with "troops." It's just that the New Fuhrer wants the "mis-informed" segment of our society, to think it's about "disrespecting/hating troops," and you have fallen for it.
Why ?

Nah, your boi Kap has fooled YOU.  He's a bigot and a racist, his mind has been warped.  Fortunately for him, he's got an endless supply of liberal sheep full of guilt to fuel his fantasy grievances.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2017, 08:51:40 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2017, 08:55:22 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Same^
And also, these questions are very biased.  The POINT is, respect the troops.  I don't hate the troops.

No one "hates the troops." Kapi never said he hates the troops. The new players, owners, coaches, anthem singers who have recently kneeled, have never said they hate the troops.

The POINT has nothing to do with "troops." It's just that the New Fuhrer wants the "mis-informed" segment of our society, to think it's about "disrespecting/hating troops," and you have fallen for it.
Why ?

Nah, your boi Kap has fooled YOU.  He's a bigot and a racist, his mind has been warped.  Fortunately for him, he's got an endless supply of liberal sheep full of guilt to fuel his fantasy grievances.

Trust me. The current and main concern is about the destruction the New Fuhrer is doing to our nation, and the ignorant (and some also bigoted/racist) sheep that follow him.
What one person does by kneeling in a football game is comparably insignificant.

Also, Kapi is not my "boi." He isn't even playing this year. So why the snowflake president had to make a big stink about this entire subject .... who knows.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2017, 09:46:45 PM »

Most NFL fans are Trump voters. The NFL will lose money.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2017, 10:38:53 PM »

AAA. What a stupid issue.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2017, 12:17:09 AM »
« Edited: September 27, 2017, 12:19:59 AM by ProudModerate2 »

Most NFL fans are Trump voters. The NFL will lose money.

Ummmm .... wrong !
trump voters only watch Nascar. There is nothing to that sport, you just watch cars go around in circles all day. Apparently, that's enough "entertainment" for the bird-brains.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 08:21:15 AM »

Nobody seems to have mentioned it, but what do people make of the fact that ratings for week 3 were slightly up from last season?

You can reasonably conclude that perhaps they tuned in only for the national anthem and cut the cord off. But just like how NYT subscriptions have soared after Trump's presidency, his remarks have the uncanny ability of unintentionally uniting people.

It also makes sense from a psychological point of view to conclude that most people that vow to boycott usually end up coming back, in some forms or another. As a former retail worker, who has seen more than few number of people who have threatened to never come back, this confirms my anecdotal experience.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2017, 11:54:52 AM »

Wow.

It's the stupidest thing ever. It's this younger generation and their inability to understand reason.

Don't know that I'd exactly call your long, rambling post "reason" considering A. It had nothing do do with what I said and B. Telling people who criticize something "why don't you complain about something else" isn't a logical objection to a complaint.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2017, 02:12:21 PM »

1A: Yes, the Kardashian President is  dividing the country. I'd be fine if he spoke his opinion in a press statement, a press conference, or (ugh) a tweet and just left it alone, so long as he did it in an adult manner. Instead, he doesn't shut up about it, constantly tweeting about it and making it a theme of a rally in Alabama. This just feeds into the (correct or incorrect) narrative that he's using it as distraction from his own incompetence and his own inability to govern and from Mueller's investigations.

2B: If someone feels an employee should be fired, they have the right to voice their opinion. With that said, the employer of the employee in question can ignore the calls to fire their employee.

3A: It's just wrong and not presidential for him to call the players kneeling sons of bitches. Would all you Republicans saying it's all right for him to do this be fine if in 2009 or 2010 Barack Obama openly called Tea Partiers sons of bitches? Would George W. Bush get away with openly calling anti war protesters sons of bitches? Didn't think so. Every President of my lifetime (born in 1993) was, unfortunately, divisive in one form or another. With that said, the Kardashian President takes it to another level and he openly doesn't care about dividing the people of the country nor does he care about the damage he's doing to the country overall.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 08:16:53 AM »

Uh, actually, have you ever heard of Reconstruction? White Americans failed to break the cycle of poverty and illiteracy for the African-American community. It's amazing that, in spite of all that, the African-American community is at where they are today.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies