Opinion of talking about "SJW politics" in the context of Presidential elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:38:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of talking about "SJW politics" in the context of Presidential elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of talking about "SJW politics" in the context of Presidential elections
Freedom Talk

Horrible Talk

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Opinion of talking about "SJW politics" in the context of Presidential elections  (Read 1141 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:21:41 PM »

This is turning into the most irritating thing about the 2020 forum for me, which is saying a lot. Regardless of what you think the most important issues to focus on are, stop using such a stupid term. Things like police reform and immigration are not "SJW issues", Trump for all the things he did, did not campaign on an "anti-SJW" backlash (in fact as noted him saying "LGBTQ" in a speech is probably the most "SJW" thing a Presidential candidate has ever done), and no serious Democratic politician or potential 2020 candidate has ever said anything about "white male privilege" or any nonsense like that.

This is like unironically referring to socially conservative Republicans as theocrats or calling Medicare for all supporters communists.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 09:27:22 PM »

Yea saying SJW over and over again in that context is getting annoying and old.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 09:30:40 PM »

Why all the SJW hate.  See you doing this in many threads now.  A bone to pick?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 10:45:00 PM »

Why are you incapable of arguing with anyone you disagree with without calling them racist or sexist?

See: Cited example where you called Andrew racist for criticizing white people engaging in anti-union activities.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 11:05:24 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2017, 11:10:20 PM by JerryArkansas »

Why are you incapable of arguing with anyone you disagree with without calling them racist or sexist?

See: Cited example where you called Andrew racist for criticizing white people engaging in anti-union activities.
Where?
If your talking about the post below get your eyes checked because honey that says nothing of what you're trying to say it is.
Such a disgrace.

Unionization is a right, and Nissan denied it to its workers.

Sounds like the workers denied the "right" to themselves, LOL.

Are you seriously suggesting that unionization isn't a right?
Where did he say that?  Or are you just reading stuff into the posts of those who don't like again.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 11:10:04 PM »

You'll have to ask Andrew.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 11:11:32 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2017, 11:26:17 PM by JerryArkansas »

The post I posted above is the only one that I can find that mentions unions, so he much be talking out his ass.  However, if he's talking about me criticizing the fury which occurred from white progressives after Obama made book deals, bought a new house, and some former staffers did sh**t; he still seems to be talking out the ass.  Never called him or anyone else racist.  Just strange that they had so much to say about the black man and his cabinet, compared to the last two white guys to leave office.

And you're the one who says it was cited, yet you say this.  Strange.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 07:38:08 AM »

I meant that Andrew cited it.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 12:13:23 PM »

Petty and stupid. Like, let's elect a reality show host president to get back at some teenager who made me mad on Twitter. There are way more important things about being president than what cultural signifiers the candidate sends out.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 04:19:15 PM »

There's also another way of looking at it if you broaden "SJW Politics" to basically encompass any policies against racism, sexism or other social justice issues like some do.  Which is that, quite frankly, that sort of stuff has been an integral part of "the left" (using that term in an incredibly broad context) for over a hundred years at least, and this idea that you need to stop talking about those issues in order to bring white folk back into your group is both misguided (since people who care about anti-racism and similar issues are a significant number of people, not to mention that candidates have managed to string the two together in the past) and also quite frankly wrong; since there are some things that a party should stand for even if they are unpopular just because they are the right things to do.  Its also rather insulting to white people in a way...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 08:56:08 PM »

The post I posted above is the only one that I can find that mentions unions, so he much be talking out his ass.  However, if he's talking about me criticizing the fury which occurred from white progressives after Obama made book deals, bought a new house, and some former staffers did sh**t; he still seems to be talking out the ass.  Never called him or anyone else racist.  Just strange that they had so much to say about the black man and his cabinet, compared to the last two white guys to leave office.

LOL. Because yeah, there was totally no criticism of Bush or Clinton or their cabinets. Roll Eyes

This probably the most insane strawman I've ever seen on Atlas.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 10:42:17 PM »

There's also another way of looking at it if you broaden "SJW Politics" to basically encompass any policies against racism, sexism or other social justice issues like some do.  Which is that, quite frankly, that sort of stuff has been an integral part of "the left" (using that term in an incredibly broad context) for over a hundred years at least, and this idea that you need to stop talking about those issues in order to bring white folk back into your group is both misguided (since people who care about anti-racism and similar issues are a significant number of people, not to mention that candidates have managed to string the two together in the past) and also quite frankly wrong; since there are some things that a party should stand for even if they are unpopular just because they are the right things to do.  Its also rather insulting to white people in a way...

The people who say "we need to stop 'SJWing' in order to win back the WWC" do remind me of the Old Marxists of the early 20th century who focused solely on class issues and ignored race and gender. Read Invisible Man if you want a fictionalized account of this intra-left conflict.

Other than that, I largely agree with you. I should also add that many issues faced by people of color and women are fundamentally economic issues (inequal healthcare access, job and pay discrimination, etc.), so it's not like there's an actual line between social and economic issues.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 11:20:44 AM »

LOL. Because yeah, there was totally no criticism of Bush or Clinton or their cabinets. Roll Eyes

This probably the most insane strawman I've ever seen on Atlas.
Didn't say that, but go on with your making sh**t up if that really makes you feel better.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 09:10:08 PM »

I mean people who ironically think SJW's are ruining the country or whatever are dumb, but unfortunately the discussion does have more impact than you think. These topics are very easily digestible. Contrast with technocratic stuff like healthcare and tax reform - the vast majority of people (left right and centre) do not really understand the complexities of such issues. Heck, I consider myself well-informed and I will look at these impenetrable tax plans people draw up and think "good grief". People - fed by a media that prefers the WHIZ BANG of emotive fights - gravitate naturally to these big fights as a contrast to the monotony of technocratic sludge.

At present things aren't really bad enough under Trump for most people for the media to stop focusing on MUH FOOTBALL ANTHEM (literally the most "Kelly from the Onion" scandal ever).

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies