"Both Parties" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:16:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Both Parties" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Both Parties"  (Read 2396 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« on: September 29, 2017, 08:46:07 PM »

The problem with talk of "extremism" is that it fundamentally assumes that the problem with "extremists" is their extreme level of departure from the status quo. The kinds of people who think like this are a problem.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 05:14:59 PM »

So should we say, because of Sanders becoming the face of the party, that Democrats are becoming the face of the extreme left? No, just like we shouldn't say the opposite.

And it's Alabama.  Running someone like Moore against someone like Phil Scott in Vermont isn't going to work.

Bernie is intellectually ideological and that's fine and many may disagree but his ideology is rooted in an intellectually consistent belief in things like social democracy. I disagree with him on several things and I supported Hillary in 2016. But there are essentially 0 Democrats who have an insidious, toxic mere presence in the vein of Trump or Moore. The whole embrace of Trump as the conservative populist savior is intellectually inconsistent and dishonest. It's breathtaking.

Coraxion, genocide deniers The Young Turks, Antifa, and Occupy Wall Street might want to talk to you. Come on - Pramila Jayapal, Ben Jealous, Kshama Sawant, David Zuckerman... A lot of very left wing people are beginning to gain popularity. The Democrats almost elected Keith Ellison as their DNC Chair.

Because distance from the center is the sole determinant of deplorability.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies