When will Hamilton County, IN go democrat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:25:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will Hamilton County, IN go democrat?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: When will Hamilton County, IN go democrat?
2020(including 2018 senate race)

2020(not including 2018 senate race

later than 2032

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: When will Hamilton County, IN go democrat?  (Read 3118 times)
Pennsylvania Deplorable

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 06:32:03 PM »

I know it swung away from Trump but it still voted for him by almost 20 points, just above his statewide margin. Barring a landslide, it doesn't flip in the near future.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2017, 09:41:11 AM »

The suburbs (Carmel, Fishers) could definitely flip, but the county itself may take longer.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2017, 10:52:05 AM »

Based on last night's results in Virginia, I don't think anything is safe anymore.

Those results were alarming, but suburbs like Indianapolis are probably not the first to fall; it would take a REAL wave, IMO.
I imagine back in 1991 or so if this forum existed that a bunch of Republicans would deny Fairfax, Loudoun or Prince William would ever go Democrat (all three were strongly Republican counties back then.) So things can change and the way things are looking in suburbs across the country I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP doesn't  change that many of these currently Republican leaning suburbs become increasingly Democrat.

Those counties would sometimes vote for Democrats locally.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2017, 11:34:02 AM »

The suburbs (Carmel, Fishers) could definitely flip, but the county itself may take longer.

Even Carmel and Fishers would take some pretty decent movement. There are just too many people who won’t vote democrat in any circumstance. Westfield is the fastest growing part of the county right now and that will continue to help the GOP. We may never see a return to the glory days of 2008, when Mitch Daniels got over 80% in the county though.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 11:53:14 AM »

Based on last night's results in Virginia, I don't think anything is safe anymore.

Those results were alarming, but suburbs like Indianapolis are probably not the first to fall; it would take a REAL wave, IMO.
I imagine back in 1991 or so if this forum existed that a bunch of Republicans would deny Fairfax, Loudoun or Prince William would ever go Democrat (all three were strongly Republican counties back then.) So things can change and the way things are looking in suburbs across the country I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP doesn't  change that many of these currently Republican leaning suburbs become increasingly Democrat.

Those counties would sometimes vote for Democrats locally.
But only when they were winning statewide or had special regional appeal there, and never by blowout margins unless they were winning statewide by a huge margin.
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2017, 11:45:11 PM »

Those counties you mentioned were demographically transformed since 1990. I'm not an expert on Hamilton County, Indiana, but I don't think it gets nearly as many immigrants or government workers and it's currently 84% white.
Fairfax is 51% white.
Loudoun is 57% white.
Prince William is 44% white.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 08:05:31 AM »

The county is one of the richest in the state. i don't think they would want the Dems to raise their taxes.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 10:05:36 AM »

Those counties you mentioned were demographically transformed since 1990. I'm not an expert on Hamilton County, Indiana, but I don't think it gets nearly as many immigrants or government workers and it's currently 84% white.
Fairfax is 51% white.
Loudoun is 57% white.
Prince William is 44% white.

Statewide political "feel" is also important.  I have an aunt who lives in Annandale, VA (Fairfax County) and a sister who lives in downtown Indianapolis (with several friends from Hamilton County).  In NOVA, my aunt says there IS a perception that affluent liberals are voting against "ROVA" (rest of Virginia), and that perception doesn't exist in the Indy area.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2018, 10:12:04 AM »

Statewide political "feel" is also important.  I have an aunt who lives in Annandale, VA (Fairfax County) and a sister who lives in downtown Indianapolis (with several friends from Hamilton County).  In NOVA, my aunt says there IS a perception that affluent liberals are voting against "ROVA" (rest of Virginia), and that perception doesn't exist in the Indy area.

I've literally never heard of this. This must be a perception only among old white conservatives who "don't recognize" NOVA anymore but still live there.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2018, 02:40:27 PM »

I've literally never heard of this. This must be a perception only among old white conservatives who "don't recognize" NOVA anymore but still live there.

You don't think people in NOVA feel like their more liberal politics are at odds with the relatively conservative Rest Of Virginia?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2018, 03:04:04 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2018, 03:05:55 PM by heatcharger »

You don't think people in NOVA feel like their more liberal politics are at odds with the relatively conservative Rest Of Virginia?

Some people definitely feel that way. But people go to the beach in 'ROVA'. People go to hike in 'ROVA'. People go to amusement parks in 'ROVA'. People send their kids to colleges in 'ROVA'. The idea that there's a significant feeling of resentment towards of the state seems far-fetched at best.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2018, 11:54:01 PM »

Around 2028.

A Tom Cotton, Marco Rubio, Chris DiPiazza, Susan Brooks-type can hold on to Hamilton County, IN.

Hamilton County, IN is a mix of white-collar/blue-collar affluent Midwestern suburban county.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies