PPP: Biden and other Dems all lead Trump; Trump leads potential primary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:26:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  PPP: Biden and other Dems all lead Trump; Trump leads potential primary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Biden and other Dems all lead Trump; Trump leads potential primary  (Read 2316 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« on: September 28, 2017, 06:31:55 PM »

Because she sucks, and is the epitome of what the rust belt, and frankly lots of others rejected last year. Far lefties are just too thick to put practicality over their "purist" ideals. Maybe she might be a perfect candidate for just ideology for many democrats, and even the base, but her practically is crap. For christ sakes people, she is, and would do worse than even Hillary in America, and probably would somehow manage to even underperform Clinton in wwc territory.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 08:49:54 PM »

Because she sucks, and is the epitome of what the rust belt, and frankly lots of others rejected last year. Far lefties are just too thick to put practicality over their "purist" ideals. Maybe she might be a perfect candidate for just ideology for many democrats, and even the base, but her practically is crap. For christ sakes people, she is, and would do worse than even Hillary in America, and probably would somehow manage to even underperform Clinton in wwc territory.

No, it's because she lacks the name recognition. Most voters barely even know she exists, they're not going to know that she's "a thick purist lefty". You can dislike her, but let's not change facts.

She votes party line about 85%, that is pretty partisan. The more people get to know about this person, the more she will flop in polls. If she is the nominee, I could envision an unlikely but possible situation in which I would favor Trump over her. For every presidential election since 1960, my theoretical vote was Safe D, in 2020, when I get a real vote, Harris would be the first person to throw me into the Likely D pile in over half a century if she were the nominee.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 08:59:54 PM »

No, it's because she lacks the name recognition. Most voters barely even know she exists, they're not going to know that she's "a thick purist lefty". You can dislike her, but let's not change facts.

She votes party line about 85%, that is pretty partisan. The more people get to know about this person, the more she will flop in polls. If she is the nominee, I could envision an unlikely but possible situation in which I would favor Trump over her. For every presidential election since 1960, my theoretical vote was Safe D, in 2020, when I get a real vote, Harris would be the first person to throw me into the Likely D pile in over half a century if she were the nominee.

Honestly, your hatred for Kamala is very unrealistic.

Probably a little, but I just really hate her Sad.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 09:22:50 PM »

Honestly, your hatred for Kamala is very unrealistic.

Probably a little, but I just really hate her Sad.

You don't have to like her, but to claim that her poll numbers are low because of likability is daft. Trump's poll numbers against her are about the same against every other democrat. That means her problem is name recognition. Even with low name recognition, she is still beating him which isn't good news for the President.

Somewhat true.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 02:40:08 PM »

I hate Harris. If she wins, I'm leaving the party. Same with Gabbard.

I won't leave, literally nothing could make me leave, but I hate Harris, Gabbard is ok, just overated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies