Wulfric for Fremont Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:36:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Wulfric for Fremont Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Wulfric for Fremont Senate  (Read 1317 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2017, 04:46:27 PM »

Hello, my name is Wulfric, and I am running for the Fremont Senate Seat in the upcoming federal election on October 20-22. My candidacy is of an independent nature. I hold no membership in any political party, and when I have been in parties in the past, they have been centrist parties. While I freely admit that my electoral voting record contains a definite federalist lean, I am not a member of the federalist party, and I will vote according to what I believe to be in the best interests of Fremont, not according to what the leader of either major political party is telling me.

As far as the position of Senate PPT goes, if I am the deciding vote, I will vote for the federalist candidate. However, if a given PPT candidate has the votes to win regardless of how I vote, I will back that candidate.

Now, I promise the following:

1. That I will not vote in favor of any bill that I have not personally read in full.
2. That I will not vote to increase the deficit unless circumstances leave no other rational decision.
3. That regardless of who wins the presidential election, I will vote for or against bills solely on their merits (except as stated under 1.), and never based on the party of the congressperson or president that proposed it.

The following are general statements on the issues. These cannot and do not cover every situation, and I do not believe that compromise is a dirty word. I may cast votes which seem to go against these statements if I feel that the bill as a whole is good for Atlasia despite containing provisions which with I disagree. Please feel free to ask me to clarify any of this or talk about an issue that is not covered. :

Health Care - I support the healthcare bill passed under the DFW administration, and will fight hard against any efforts to repeal it. For any flaws within it, I support revising the law rather than repealing it.

Income Taxes - I do not believe it is wise to cut income taxes unless we are running a budget surplus or in dire economic circumstances. However, I do not believe income taxes should be increased unless there is at least a 3 to 1 ratio of spending cuts to income tax increases on a particular joint enactment date. I am firmly opposed to a national sales tax such as the FAIR tax. I am also firmly opposed to a flat tax.

Corporate Taxes - No corporation should be taxed at a rate higher than 20%. The corporate tax code should include as few loopholes and deductions as possible, aside from a reward for any company who relocates from overseas to Atlasia.

Estate Tax - I am opposed to an estate tax.

Drug Legalization - Tobacco, Alcohol, and Marijuana should be legal starting at age 18, but should be taxed heavily. For other drugs, I support full legalization for medical uses. Recreational use should remain illegal, including recreational use of cocaine, but nonviolent offenders should never be punished with more than five years in Prison, with no minimum sentence requirement. Mandatory Treatment should always be a substitute for Prison on the first nonviolent offense. Even in Prison, the focus should be on rehabilitation and not punishment. 

Same Sex Marriage - While we should work to create reasonable religious accommodations for county clerks, officiators, and other wedding-related servicers, the right to same sex marriage should be preserved.

Abortion - I support the right to an Abortion within the first ten (10) weeks of pregnancy, with the only restriction being Parental Notification (consent not required) for under 18s. From the 11th to the 30th week of pregnancy, abortion should only be permitted in case of rape, incest, or life or physical health of the mother. For life or physical health of the mother, the approval of two doctors should be required. No other exceptions should be allowed, and parental notification (consent not required) should be required for under 18s. Under no circumstances should abortion be allowed during the final ten weeks of pregnancy, except to save the life of the mother.  I fully support birth control, including Plan B and IUDs, as well as comprehensive sex education. I fully support the RL hyde amendment, which prohibits taxpayer funding for all abortions, except in cases of rape, incest, or life of the mother.

Capital Punishment - Capital Punishment should be reserved for mass murderers and those who commit murder while in Prison. In all other cases, it should never be used.

Trade - I fully support free trade, including deals along the lines of NAFTA and TPP, and believe it is a great asset to Atlasia and the world.

Immigration - I am supportive of a path to legal status or citizenship for any undocumented immigrants as long as it is part of a comprehensive plan that includes increased border security.

Welfare - In line with the federalist platform, I believe that no one should be on welfare permanently, and that such programs should be designed as a "hand-up" rather than a "hand-out".

Defense Spending - I believe that a strong defense is important, but that we also should be very careful to not overspend and should choose diplomacy over war whenever possible. We should close any overseas bases that we do not have a direct necessity for, refuse to police the world, and remain neutral in conflicts that do not affect us unless there is a clear and time-sensitive risk that they may start to affect us.

Presidential Nominations (Cabinet, Judicial, and otherwise) - I believe that all nominees should be evaluated only on their merits and experience, and not based on their religion, their political party, or the political party of the president. I will never be afraid to vote against a nominee I believe is wrong for Atlasia, even if I am the deciding vote. I believe that the ideal supreme court judge would be someone roughly ideologically equivalent to John Roberts.

Direct Democracy: I support the current constitutional amendment process, and believe that citizens should also be able to create and repeal laws through national referendums. However, I do not believe this should take away the ability to pass/repeal laws solely through Congress and the President.

--------------------

I will close with this: What my opponent, Senator Siren, would do in office, is clear. She proudly sports a green party avatar, and fully agrees with the values of that party. If a liberal president is elected, she will vote with them 100% of the time. If a conservative president is elected, she will vote against them 100% of the time. I, on the other hand, will not be chasing to attain a 100% Labor or 100% federalist score, but instead voting according to what is best for the citizens of Fremont, and Atlasia as a whole. While I may be viewed in somewhat negative terms on the forums at large, no one can deny that my opinions are not influenced by any sort of "hivemind" or "bandwagon" mentality, that I do not jive perfectly with any major party platform, and that I am active on the site. I will bring those same qualities to office should I be elected.

I welcome any questions, and hope to earn your vote in the October 20th-22nd election. Thanks for reading!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 05:12:07 PM »

While your independence is noted is, there is still time (only a few hours) to request Federalist Party Endorsement if you so desire.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 05:44:41 PM »

Health Care - I support the healthcare bill passed under the DFW administration, and will fight hard against any efforts to repeal it. For any flaws within it, I support revising the law rather than repealing it.

I would hope the left would accept the game mechanics that it has created and fight for their views on healthcare at the regional level. The bills goes to great lengths to afford a range of actions on the regional level from left to right, while alleviating the cost burden that crippled attempts previously in Fremont and other regions to address healthcare regionally.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »

While your independence is noted is, there is still time (only a few hours) to request Federalist Party Endorsement if you so desire.

I welcome endorsements from members of any political party, including the federalist and labor parties. However, it would go against the independent nature of this candidacy to request an endorsement from a political party at large.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 05:59:53 PM »

I wish you luck and nothing but the best Wulfric, sir!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 06:35:57 PM »

Another Medical Cocaine supporter!

Where do you stand on our individual human right to own and carry guns?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 06:49:33 PM »

Another Medical Cocaine supporter!

Where do you stand on our individual human right to own and carry guns?

I support background checks for all venues, including gun shows and the internet. I do not support any other restrictions.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 01:51:20 AM »

Bumping this up as the election is next weekend. I will remain in the race despite Coolidge's entrance, and encourage all voters to give me their first preference, as I am the only candidate that will provide an independent voice for the people of Fremont. I endorse Coolidge for 2nd preference though.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 01:57:23 AM »

Hello, my name is Wulfric, and I am running for the Fremont Senate Seat in the upcoming federal election on October 20-22. My candidacy is of an independent nature. I hold no membership in any political party, and when I have been in parties in the past, they have been centrist parties. While I freely admit that my electoral voting record contains a definite federalist lean, I am not a member of the federalist party, and I will vote according to what I believe to be in the best interests of Fremont, not according to what the leader of either major political party is telling me.

As far as the position of Senate PPT goes, if I am the deciding vote, I will vote for the federalist candidate. However, if a given PPT candidate has the votes to win regardless of how I vote, I will back that candidate.

Now, I promise the following:

1. That I will not vote in favor of any bill that I have not personally read in full.
2. That I will not vote to increase the deficit unless circumstances leave no other rational decision.
3. That regardless of who wins the presidential election, I will vote for or against bills solely on their merits (except as stated under 1.), and never based on the party of the congressperson or president that proposed it.

The following are general statements on the issues. These cannot and do not cover every situation, and I do not believe that compromise is a dirty word. I may cast votes which seem to go against these statements if I feel that the bill as a whole is good for Atlasia despite containing provisions which with I disagree. Please feel free to ask me to clarify any of this or talk about an issue that is not covered. :

Income Taxes - I do not believe it is wise to cut income taxes unless we are running a budget surplus or in dire economic circumstances. However, I do not believe income taxes should be increased unless there is at least a 3 to 1 ratio of spending cuts to income tax increases on a particular joint enactment date. I am firmly opposed to a national sales tax such as the FAIR tax. I am also firmly opposed to a flat tax.

Corporate Taxes - No corporation should be taxed at a rate higher than 20%. The corporate tax code should include as few loopholes and deductions as possible, aside from a reward for any company who relocates from overseas to Atlasia.

Estate Tax - I am opposed to an estate tax.

Drug Legalization - Tobacco, Alcohol, and Marijuana should be legal starting at age 18, but should be taxed heavily. For other drugs, I support full legalization for medical uses. Recreational use should remain illegal, including recreational use of cocaine, but nonviolent offenders should never be punished with more than five years in Prison, with no minimum sentence requirement. Mandatory Treatment should always be a substitute for Prison on the first nonviolent offense. Even in Prison, the focus should be on rehabilitation and not punishment. 

Same Sex Marriage - While we should work to create reasonable religious accommodations for county clerks, officiators, and other wedding-related servicers, the right to same sex marriage should be preserved.

Abortion - I support the right to an Abortion within the first ten (10) weeks of pregnancy, with the only restriction being Parental Notification (consent not required) for under 18s. From the 11th to the 30th week of pregnancy, abortion should only be permitted in case of rape, incest, or life or physical health of the mother. For life or physical health of the mother, the approval of two doctors should be required. No other exceptions should be allowed, and parental notification (consent not required) should be required for under 18s. Under no circumstances should abortion be allowed during the final ten weeks of pregnancy, except to save the life of the mother.  I fully support birth control, including Plan B and IUDs, as well as comprehensive sex education. I fully support the RL hyde amendment, which prohibits taxpayer funding for all abortions, except in cases of rape, incest, or life of the mother.

Capital Punishment - Capital Punishment should be reserved for mass murderers and those who commit murder while in Prison. In all other cases, it should never be used.

Trade - I fully support free trade, including deals along the lines of NAFTA and TPP, and believe it is a great asset to Atlasia and the world.

Immigration - I am supportive of a path to legal status or citizenship for any undocumented immigrants as long as it is part of a comprehensive plan that includes increased border security.

Welfare - In line with the federalist platform, I believe that no one should be on welfare permanently, and that such programs should be designed as a "hand-up" rather than a "hand-out".

Defense Spending - I believe that a strong defense is important, but that we also should be very careful to not overspend and should choose diplomacy over war whenever possible. We should close any overseas bases that we do not have a direct necessity for, refuse to police the world, and remain neutral in conflicts that do not affect us unless there is a clear and time-sensitive risk that they may start to affect us.

Presidential Nominations (Cabinet, Judicial, and otherwise) - I believe that all nominees should be evaluated only on their merits and experience, and not based on their religion, their political party, or the political party of the president. I will never be afraid to vote against a nominee I believe is wrong for Atlasia, even if I am the deciding vote. I believe that the ideal supreme court judge would be someone roughly ideologically equivalent to John Roberts.

Direct Democracy: I support the current constitutional amendment process, and believe that citizens should also be able to create and repeal laws through national referendums. However, I do not believe this should take away the ability to pass/repeal laws solely through Congress and the President.

--------------------

I will close with this: What my opponent, Senator Siren, would do in office, is clear. She proudly sports a green party avatar, and fully agrees with the values of that party. If a liberal president is elected, she will vote with them 100% of the time. If a conservative president is elected, she will vote against them 100% of the time. I, on the other hand, will not be chasing to attain a 100% Labor or 100% federalist score, but instead voting according to what is best for the citizens of Fremont, and Atlasia as a whole. While I may be viewed in somewhat negative terms on the forums at large, no one can deny that my opinions are not influenced by any sort of "hivemind" or "bandwagon" mentality, that I do not jive perfectly with any major party platform, and that I am active on the site. I will bring those same qualities to office should I be elected.

I welcome any questions, and hope to earn your vote in the October 20th-22nd election. Thanks for reading!
LOL no wonder I'm your second choice:p
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 12:16:53 AM »

BUMP
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 01:06:52 PM »

In recognition of some complaints, those who have not yet received my campaign pm will receive an abridged version. A link to a document with the full version of the pm will be provided. Everyone who voted in Fremont during either the last presidential election or the last prime minister election will receive a pm (eventually).
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 06:12:31 PM »

DON'T
SPAM
MY
INBOX

I don't care. And if thought, even for a moment, I'd consider voting for somebody as doltish as you, then you have no place among us, civilized people.

Thank you.

I wish people would stop being so mean to each other on an internet forum. This was such an unneeded post and I would seriously consider apologizing to him because it looks really bad (in fact, when people call Wulfric stupid it sinks my opinion of said person, in fact that's one of the reasons I despise Rpryor now). You don't like it when people mock you on the forum and elsewhere do you? Then why do you do it to him? The golden rule....
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 06:27:43 PM »

DON'T
SPAM
MY
INBOX

I don't care. And if thought, even for a moment, I'd consider voting for somebody as doltish as you, then you have no place among us, civilized people.

Thank you.

I wish people would stop being so mean to each other on an internet forum. This was such an unneeded post and I would seriously consider apologizing to him because it looks really bad (in fact, when people call Wulfric stupid it sinks my opinion of said person, in fact that's one of the reasons I despise Rpryor now). You don't like it when people mock you on the forum and elsewhere do you? Then why do you do it to him? The golden rule....

Considering the spam in question is an attack piece calling Siren a rubber stamp Marxist, I don't think he has room to complain in this particular situation. I do agree that calling people literal idiots or variants thereof crosses a line, though.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 08:59:03 PM »

Polling shows that we are leading the federalist candidate, Greedo the Hunter! Siren's surrogates, meanwhile, are trying to thwart my insurgent campaign by making the election about the length of campaign pms. I am instead focused on working for you. I am confident that with a strong turnout, we can defeat Siren and win this election! Get out and vote starting at midnight eastern time tonight!
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 09:04:57 PM »

Polling shows that we are leading the federalist candidate, Greedo the Hunter! Siren's surrogates, meanwhile, are trying to thwart my insurgent campaign by making the election about the length of campaign pms. I am instead focused on working for you. I am confident that with a strong turnout, we can defeat Siren and win this election! Get out and vote starting at midnight eastern time tonight!
I’m really upset I think both of us will lose but I am urging my supporters to vote for you as there second choice.

Also while I disagree with you on some issues I do think you will do much better then siren Wink
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 09:03:52 PM »

I congratulate Senator Siren on her victory, but I condemn the region of Fremont for giving roughly 80% of its vote to a literal marxist. This region is now beyond any hope, locked into leftist ideology that makes mainstream labor members look like right-wingers. That being said, I understand that it is important to grow potential for non-labor candidates outside the south - but I believe Fremont is beyond repair. So, I have decided that I will move to the Lincoln Region immediately. This doesn't mean I will run for office there anytime soon - but it does mean that I will be voting in a region where non-labor ideology is on the rise, rather than on the irreparable decline.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 09:08:22 PM »

I congratulate Senator Siren on her victory, but I condemn the region of Fremont for giving roughly 80% of its vote to a literal marxist. This region is now beyond any hope, locked into leftist ideology that makes mainstream labor members look like right-wingers. That being said, I understand that it is important to grow potential for non-labor candidates outside the south - but I believe Fremont is beyond repair. So, I have decided that I will move to the Lincoln Region immediately. This doesn't mean I will run for office there anytime soon - but it does mean that I will be voting in a region where non-labor ideology is on the rise, rather than on the irreparable decline.
What you said.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 09:09:25 PM »

Thanks for the heartfelt congratulations message Wulfric! I hope you have fun in Lincoln.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »

Lol.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 11:30:55 PM »

With all due respect, take a Lexapro.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 11:43:49 PM »

I congratulate Senator Siren on her victory, but I condemn the region of Fremont for giving roughly 80% of its vote to a literal marxist.
Go away.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 11:46:08 PM »

I congratulate Senator Siren on her victory, but I condemn the region of Fremont for giving roughly 80% of its vote to a literal marxist.
Go away.

We are Luxemburgists and we are proud!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 11:47:32 PM »

With all due respect, Wulfric, you have no reason nor right to call Siren a marxist.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 11:54:32 PM »

Go away.

I already did. I moved out of this godforsaken Fremont Region.

With all due respect, Wulfric, you have no reason nor right to call Siren a marxist.

I have the right to label her however I like.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 01:10:52 AM »
« Edited: October 23, 2017, 01:12:51 AM by Representative Cactus »

Wulfric, I advise you do the honorable thing and apologize to Siren and to the people of Fremont, else you find it suddenly very difficult to be elected or be politically active anywhere in Atlasia. I would also remind you that it's highly inadvisable for a politician to spout spurious, libelous nonsense without being prepared to deal with receiving the exact same - a hundredfold.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies