Yet Another Major Russia Story Falls Apart
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:04:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Yet Another Major Russia Story Falls Apart
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Yet Another Major Russia Story Falls Apart  (Read 1925 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2017, 11:19:22 AM »
« edited: September 29, 2017, 11:22:34 AM by Jacobin American »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 11:23:28 AM »

Thank goodness if true.

Has no relation to the Trump-Russia scandal though.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 11:40:05 AM »

Thank goodness if true.

It doesn't Glenn Greenwald is a Putin kiss ass hack who like Assange wants to protect Trump until he does irreversable damage to the U.S.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 11:46:59 AM »

Thank goodness if true.

It doesn't Glenn Greenwald is a Putin kiss ass hack who like Assange wants to protect Trump until he does irreversable damage to the U.S.

That's some Iraq War level conspiratorial histrionics. All I have to say is: prove it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 11:55:55 AM »

Thank goodness if true.

That's some Iraq War level conspiratorial histrionics. All I have to say is: prove it.
Prove they are Putin hacks? Well that's easy Putin runs a blatent corrupt murderous regime yet they never dump any of his state secrets or attempt gets their hands on state secrets to dump. The part about protecting Trump? That's just the conclusion I've drawn for the motivation they have got time and time again going after Mueller, media figures critical of Trump, and Clinton donors as being far left I doubt it's due to ideological agreement and with our IC reports that Russia wanted Trump in due to being a bomb throwing idiot it seems only logical to drawn that same conclusion for Assamge and Glenn
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 12:24:12 PM »

Wars and rumors of wars.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 12:41:04 PM »

Yes, the federal officials appointed by Donald Trump are totally unbiased in this matter. Of course they are. Roll Eyes You are nothing but a deranged leftist hack.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 12:42:52 PM »

You know this was Trump telling everyone to heel and cover everything up that was already announced, right?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 12:51:45 PM »

Yes, the federal officials appointed by Donald Trump are totally unbiased in this matter. Of course they are. Roll Eyes You are nothing but a deranged leftist hack.

I would actually suspect the people at the Department of Homeland Security who announced this are career employees, not Trump appointed hacks.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 12:52:26 PM »

JA running interference for Russia is really not a good look.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 12:58:15 PM »

I would actually suspect the people at the Department of Homeland Security who announced this are career employees, not Trump appointed hacks.

They were 'just following orders'
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 01:06:16 PM »

I knew the right wanted to plug their ears and pretend like theirs no Russia problem but its shocking to see some on the left doing the same.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 01:11:34 PM »

I knew the right wanted to plug their ears and pretend like theirs no Russia problem but its shocking to see some on the left doing the same.
Those people seem to be ones felt Bernie was cheated and see the DNC hack as "exposing corruption" thus were it came from and it's motivations behind it don't matter
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 01:46:03 PM »

Now all Trump has to do is fire Mueller and you all will be in the clear! Yay! /sarc
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 02:13:07 PM »

It's depressing. Also almost invariably Greenwald fans, not coincidentally. Horseshoe theory in practice
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 02:22:52 PM »

Not really.

A lot of lefties truly want to buy the narrative that the election of Trump was the rejection of Clinton neoliberalism (which is just lol....).

Russia meddling and perhaps impacting the election hurts that talking point.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 02:30:10 PM »

It's depressing. Also almost invariably Greenwald fans, not coincidentally. Horseshoe theory in practice

Nothing seems to get liberals and "muh moderates" all riled up quite like the mere mention of Russia.  If anyone had bothered to read the article (did anyone?) they would've seen Greenwald clearly saying this does not mean that other Trump-Russia and Russian election controversies are false or that there isn't more to the overall story. What he said is that the media, which has a history of lying, distorting, and being forced to retract stories pertaining to Russia, seem desperate to push any story that furthers the narrative they like, even if it comes at the cost of journalistic integrity. And, equally important, that people, as exemplified by the reaction on Atlas thus far, are entirely hostile to any skepticism of any allegation (even if unsubstantiated) about Russia.

You guys are so desperate for any dirt on Trump/Russia that you'll believe almost anything and have quickly adopted a Russophobic position on all issues. Again, that doesn't mean Russia didn't interfere and it doesn't mean Trump didn't work with Russia, but it is about the kind of crazed obsession you guys display on this topic. I don't know about you guys, but whenever all the old warmongers start beating a drum against another country it throws up a lot of red flags for me.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 02:44:04 PM »

Sad to see Jacobin and fellow leftists devolve into meme warfare and "triggering libtards". Horseshoe theory at work.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 03:00:49 PM »

Sad to see Jacobin and fellow leftists devolve into meme warfare and "triggering libtards". Horseshoe theory at work.

Who's "triggering libtards"? You folks need to get a grip on reality and quit being drama queens. Sheesh.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2017, 03:11:07 PM »

I absolutely love how I seem to really get under the skin of Democrats like you. It tells me I must be doing something right.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 03:24:55 PM »

I absolutely love how I seem to really get under the skin of Democrats like you. It tells me I must be doing something right.

And? I do enjoy getting under the skin of Democrats like the one to whom I was replying; that doesn't mean all or even most Democrats, which should be pretty obvious. If you're a Democrat like that person, then I'm glad to get under your skin as well. However, that pertained specifically to class-related issues, since they alleged I'm a "class warrior." I'm not sure how that equates me in this situation supposedly wanting to "trigger libtards."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2017, 03:45:24 PM »

This is a "major Russia story" ?
LOL.
NOT !
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2017, 03:53:57 PM »

Nothing seems to get liberals and "muh moderates" all riled up quite like the mere mention of Russia.  If anyone had bothered to read the article (did anyone?) they would've seen Greenwald clearly saying this does not mean that other Trump-Russia and Russian election controversies are false or that there isn't more to the overall story. What he said is that the media, which has a history of lying, distorting, and being forced to retract stories pertaining to Russia, seem desperate to push any story that furthers the narrative they like, even if it comes at the cost of journalistic integrity. And, equally important, that people, as exemplified by the reaction on Atlas thus far, are entirely hostile to any skepticism of any allegation (even if unsubstantiated) about Russia.

You guys are so desperate for any dirt on Trump/Russia that you'll believe almost anything and have quickly adopted a Russophobic position on all issues. Again, that doesn't mean Russia didn't interfere and it doesn't mean Trump didn't work with Russia, but it is about the kind of crazed obsession you guys display on this topic. I don't know about you guys, but whenever all the old warmongers start beating a drum against another country it throws up a lot of red flags for me.

Except the idea that Russia hacked any states voting rolls (or worse, voting machines) has been discredited tinfoil stuff for ages, the kind of thing even cranks like Louise Mensch won't indulge. By saying "yet another major Russia story falls apart" you're trying to equate whatever the hell this crap is with the money trail/collusion/botfarm story, and your outraged response suggests a nerve was hit.

Which is too bad since you're a good poster otherwise and I like you, fwiw. But like I said - Russia is unequivocally stirring sh*t in the West to weaken it and strengthen its own position, and tangentially defending that is not a good look
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2017, 03:57:49 PM »

No one is trying to start a war with Russia. Just sanction them to he'll to where its a starved husk of its former self that can't do sh!t like that again or f uck around with Ukraine and the Baltics.
bilaps
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2017, 04:07:51 PM »

Thank goodness if true.

Greenwald is a journalist.

But in your view journalists are Maddow, Mitchell, Cooper, Lemon etc. So if they're journalists I can see Greenwald not making a list.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies