$1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:31:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 79
Author Topic: $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread  (Read 109144 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: November 22, 2017, 12:40:08 AM »

Of the "Lean Opposed", the one I'm most worried about is Corker FWIW.

Corker is a cuck...he will do as he's told
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #576 on: November 22, 2017, 01:06:06 AM »

Mondale is repeating his predictions before the Healthcare bill word for word. I take this as a very good sign.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #577 on: November 22, 2017, 01:09:16 AM »

Mondale is repeating his predictions before the Healthcare bill word for word. I take this as a very good sign.

I wish I could, but if Murkowski actually is a yes there's really no way it fails.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #578 on: November 22, 2017, 01:16:02 AM »

Where the f**k are the Democrats?!? Where the f**k are the healthcare activists?!? This is Obamacare repeal 6.0 + a bunch of horrible tax breaks for billionaires and nobody has been trying to do anything about it.

The left is a f**king joke if we can't even hold people accountable for voting for this sh*t bill. We deserve to keep losing.
Calm down for a second, no Democrat is going to vote for this bill and most are railing against it.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #579 on: November 22, 2017, 01:20:16 AM »

Love of my life! GOP will do as it's told
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #580 on: November 22, 2017, 01:45:29 AM »

Where the f**k are the Democrats?!? Where the f**k are the healthcare activists?!? This is Obamacare repeal 6.0 + a bunch of horrible tax breaks for billionaires and nobody has been trying to do anything about it.

The left is a f**king joke if we can't even hold people accountable for voting for this sh*t bill. We deserve to keep losing.
Calm down for a second, no Democrat is going to vote for this bill and most are railing against it.

The Democrats are doing exactly what they were the 99 other times the GOP's tried to repeal Obamacare this year. The media's been giving wall to the all coverage to all the sexual harassment/assault allegations and Trump's crazy statements. People aren't paying attention like they were this summer.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #581 on: November 22, 2017, 01:49:34 AM »

Of course they're not going to vote for it, that's not the point. The point is that people should have been harassing Collins, Murkowski,  et al. to make sure they voted against it and that there would be repercussions if they didn't.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #582 on: November 22, 2017, 01:56:56 AM »

From Dwarven Dragon's list, I think Paul and Corker are in the lean yes column, which would put it over the top.

Rand Paul pretends to be a pure guy but he falls in line too.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #583 on: November 22, 2017, 02:18:28 AM »

The Democrats are doing exactly what they were the 99 other times the GOP's tried to repeal Obamacare this year. The media's been giving wall to the all coverage to all the sexual harassment/assault allegations and Trump's crazy statements. People aren't paying attention like they were this summer.
This
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #584 on: November 22, 2017, 07:40:48 AM »

Biggest hurdle here will be the reconciliation process and the vote on the reconciled Senate-House plan.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #585 on: November 22, 2017, 08:33:03 AM »

We have practically a 51-49 split in representation, and the 51 gets 100% of the power.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #586 on: November 22, 2017, 09:11:27 AM »

We have practically a 51-49 split in representation, and the 51 gets 100% of the power.

Isnt that true of most representative democracies?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #587 on: November 22, 2017, 09:41:39 AM »
« Edited: November 22, 2017, 09:46:13 AM by MasterJedi »

They're running ads in the Milwaukee Metro to try and pressure Johnson to vote for the bill. Ad makes it seem like the bill will automatically give married families back $2,600 come tax time.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #588 on: November 22, 2017, 09:43:25 AM »

Hahah I do appreciate though how Flake and Corker were totally emasculated and made Trump's b!tches in this ordeal though and exposed as the spineless flakes they are
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #589 on: November 22, 2017, 09:49:14 AM »

Murkowski came out in favor  Health Mandate Repeal but not necessary the Senate bill, yet. 
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #590 on: November 22, 2017, 10:18:15 AM »

I wish I could, but if Murkowski actually is a yes there's really no way it fails.

Oh, it'll probably pass the Senate. Doesn't mean that it is going to become law. The House and Senate versions are quite different and there's a pretty good chance this thing dies in conference because of the mandate and SALT.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #591 on: November 22, 2017, 10:29:12 AM »

Oh, it'll probably pass the Senate. Doesn't mean that it is going to become law. The House and Senate versions are quite different and there's a pretty good chance this thing dies in conference because of the mandate and SALT.

I'm sure they'll pass something, although the final form is uncertain.  The Congressional GOP is desperate for a legislative accomplishment, and most Republicans will go along on the premise that any tax cut is better than no tax cut.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #592 on: November 22, 2017, 03:51:52 PM »

Ryan will just ram through the Senate bill. There will be a few defections from the Lunatics Caucus, but not enough.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #593 on: November 22, 2017, 03:57:49 PM »

Ryan will just ram through the Senate bill. There will be a few defections from the Lunatics Caucus, but not enough.

And honestly I don't think the Senate would care if Ryan inserted the property tax SALT deduction that's in the house bill. If this passes the Senate, it's over.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #594 on: November 22, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »

This is what I am hoping for.  Not sure it will work out that nicely.  Ideally they take the Senate plan and take out the teacher deduction as well as the House version of Mortgage deduction limitations.  But I will take it if it is just the Senate plan as it.  You got to take what is possible.  The removal of  Health Mandate Repeal would be awesome. 
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #595 on: November 22, 2017, 05:29:12 PM »

This is what I am hoping for.  Not sure it will work out that nicely.  Ideally they take the Senate plan and take out the teacher deduction as well as the House version of Mortgage deduction limitations.  But I will take it if it is just the Senate plan as it.  You got to take what is possible.  The removal of  Health Mandate Repeal would be awesome. 

Paul Ryan is a cuck who served his corporate daddies
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #596 on: November 22, 2017, 06:24:12 PM »

If I am right, this is still a 51-49 match. Personally I wonder why Murkowski who voted nay in July she reversed her stance against ACA (individual mandate) or maybe what stuff from DC persuaded her to do this.

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #597 on: November 22, 2017, 06:38:52 PM »

I dont think anybody should be surprised about Murkowski's possible yes vote. Shes been consistently more conservative than Collins on quite a few issues.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #598 on: November 22, 2017, 06:43:44 PM »

If I am right, this is still a 51-49 match. Personally I wonder why Murkowski who voted nay in July she reversed her stance against ACA (individual mandate) or maybe what stuff from DC persuaded her to do this.

Wasn't Murkowski really opposed to Medicaid rollbacks, seeing as Alaska was a state where the Medicaid expansion was relatively popular? IIRC she was publicly against anything that would touch Medicaid but not against changes to the individual mandate or the exchanges.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #599 on: November 22, 2017, 08:21:26 PM »

I played around with my income tax plan calculator that I built based on the House and Senate plans and added in the feature to do calculations for Singles and Head of Household recently. One thing I noticed about the House and Senate plans is that both closes the gap on the marriage penalty for higher income taxpayers.  But it seems the Senate plan is much more aggressive on closing that gap than the House.  High income singles will get hit badly by this.  It seems the greatest net loser in the Senate tax plan, by far, is the high income single salaried taxpayer living in an ultra-high tax area, say, San Francisco or NYC.   Wow.  My wife tells me some of her single investment banking friends in NYC are very steamed by this plan.  I can see why.  I put in some numbers and nearly fell off my seat on how badly they will get hit.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies