$1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:30:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread  (Read 110952 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
« on: November 24, 2017, 11:35:32 AM »

When I mathed this out a couple weeks ago I think i found it would be about $1K a year less in taxes for me. I think that was based on the House plan. That said, I'd rather not have this.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 03:24:10 PM »

Assuming this senate vote is finished by the end of today, let's all  give a hand to Dwarven Dragon, castro, and yank131 for their awesome coverage and updates about where the bill and the senators stand.

I look forward to more updates during conference committee stuff.

Thanks guys! Such an awesome forum and thread!
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 12:55:48 AM »

Genius idea: Schumer abolishes the filibuster when Democrats get back in power. Then, when Democrats lose the majority, he reinstates the filibuster, and changes the rules to require all future rule changes get the support of a majority of Democratic Senators(so it can't be changed back without his consent). Republicans can't do anything. Democrats come back, abolish filibuster again. Rinse and repeat.
The rules only bind the current Senate session (this is why they have to pass a rules package every session), and you can't pass a law to change to that because the constitution allows the Senate to set its own rules.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies