$1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:15:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread  (Read 110784 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: November 08, 2017, 12:11:14 PM »

Does this make the tax bill more or less likely to pass? One would think if these incumbents in Orange County and other suburbs saw the results last night that undermines the SUBURBANITES THAT RINO TOM SAYS ARE STILL ROCK-RIBBED REPUBLICAN line that they'd be scared for their political lives

Stop saying I say that, because I don't.  You need to find a new obsession, it's pathetic and weird.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 12:23:50 PM »

Does this make the tax bill more or less likely to pass? One would think if these incumbents in Orange County and other suburbs saw the results last night that undermines the SUBURBANITES THAT RINO TOM SAYS ARE STILL ROCK-RIBBED REPUBLICAN line that they'd be scared for their political lives

Stop saying I say that, because I don't.  You need to find a new obsession, it's pathetic and weird.

I can literally go back to all the posts you made at the beginning of the year about how "Democrats chasing the college educated white suburbanites is a stupid strategy" if you like

I think it is, as I think there is a decently high floor for the GOP among affluent Whites; it takes a real dumbass to extrapolate that to mean I think they are "rock-ribbed Republican voters," but maybe I shouldn't be surprised.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 12:42:34 PM »

I don't know if you haven't been laid in months or something, but saying Democrats can't rely on former Republican voters as the bedrock of their party doesn't equate to targeting West Virginia and not targeting an increasingly diversifying Orange County ... PRETTY sure you had that response ready to go before reading anything I posted, LOL.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 01:16:08 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2017, 01:29:49 PM by RINO Tom »

Sorry. Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 01:34:33 PM »

If everyone ridicules you for what you say, perhaps you should consider that what you are saying is ridiculous.

You two are the only ones who ridicule my every post, and I think what you have to say is stupid, LOL ... so nope, I don't think I will.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 01:42:45 PM »

If everyone ridicules you for what you say, perhaps you should consider that what you are saying is ridiculous.

You two are the only ones who ridicule my every post, and I think what you have to say is stupid, LOL ... so nope, I don't think I will.

Actually we're not. You must've missed like four or five other people mocking the SUBURBAN REPUBLICAN meme last night

Okay, let me rephrase: you put words in my mouth, create a caricature in your head of what I'm like and what I think, and you interpret any post possible as a rebuke of that fake, conjectured person.

I'm going to let this go now, because this is a site I enjoy checking in my free time as a stress reliever from work and other more serious aspects of my life, and I don't particularly enjoy constantly arguing with people and becoming anything other than the relatively easy going and kind person I usually am in real life.  Peace.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 02:01:12 PM »

Barbara Comstock voted to raise our taxes. Bad.

She knows she's done, she doesn't have to pretend to be moderate anymore.

Did she ever "pretend" to be moderate on economic issues?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 10:14:14 AM »

They also need to use the "TAX RAISERS!" clubs to knock Costello and Meehan and Fitzpatrick too. I can almost see the suburban ship wreck in the distance

I can already smell the young suburban Democratic professionals Smiley.

But honestly, I don't think this tax plan will be the main cause of the coming suburban curbstomping (it's coming though Smiley). Even most VA-10, IL-06 or NJ-07 voters would see a tax cut. The problem is that the media has been covering this as if everyone in a high tax state would pay more in taxes, which isn't true.

RIP Graduate Students, Research Programs, and Higher Education/Professionalization institutions in this country if this passes.

Music to the GOP's ears.

They want more racist uneducated hicks and less grad students. Please and thank you.

We don't take kindly to no fancy, high-falutin Yankee book-learnin'! - 2/3rds of the GOP

45% of Trump voters has a college degree tho.

Yeah, and a number of those voters are RINO Toms who think the GOP is something it isn't.

LOL, just because I reject some of your more insane hyperbole and find your style unbecoming and annoying doesn't mean I don't think there is any validity in some of your thoughts on *trends*.  Heck, I hope the GOP gets slaughtered in the suburbs; it would serve as a nice wakeup call.  Also, registering with a party and having your own, independent views doesn't necessarily mean that you think everyone in the party is exactly like you ... neither does pointing out that not all Republicans fit YOUR stereotypes, either.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 10:30:23 AM »

Also, registering with a party and having your own, independent views doesn't necessarily mean that you think everyone in the party is exactly like you ... neither does pointing out that not all Republicans fit YOUR stereotypes, either.

Not all... just 90%.

Agree to disagree. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies