$1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:33:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: $1.5 Trillion GOP Tax Cut Thread  (Read 110933 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« on: November 22, 2017, 12:21:16 AM »

Moving Murkowski to Lean Support:

To Summarize the view of the Senate:

Solidly Opposed: The 45 Dem Senators who signed the tax reform demand letter

Likely Opposed:
Manchin, Donnelly, Heitkamp - they didn't sign the letter and have said they have an open mind regarding the legislation, but they are strong supporters of ObamaCare and I really don't think they'd vote to overturn the mandate - however, I can't rule out the silm possibility that if Republicans have 50 votes without them, one of them would vote yes anyway because "My vote wouldn't change the outcome and I want to show bipartisanship so I can get re-elected"

Lean Opposed:
Corker - deficit hawk - but will he actually have a spine? We'll see.

Paul - he voted against the framework, and his preferred amendments were rejected overwhelmingly. Politico has said in at least one article that he appears to be open to the final legislation, the addition of ObamaCare appears to  have been a ploy to get his vote, and party pressure is a powerful tool. But I still expect him to vote No because he voted No on the framework.

Collins - Appeared to indicate on 11/19 CNN interview that her support would depend on passage of Alexander-Murray and a separate bill she wrote with Senator Nelson, and keeping the top rate at 39.6%, instead of lowering it to 38.5%.

Lean Support:
Lankford - he's said he'll vote against it "if it increases the deficit too much" - but didn't define what too much meant. He's a reliable vote for leadership, so the odds are he gets to yes, but we'll see.

Johnson - Said he can't support it right now, but he also said he wants to get to Yes. Odds are he'll find a way to vote yes eventually.

Flake - Might want to show opposition to Trump, and has raised real doubts about the eventual affect of the bill, but also probably supports the intent of this bill, and he did vote for all versions of ObamaCare Repeal.

Murkowski - Has come out in support of mandate repeal, and she usually supports cutting Taxes. But she was a thorn in the side of Senate R's during the ObamaCare repeal debate, says she has come to no final decision on the plan, and is still promoting Alexander-Murray heavily.

Likely Support:
McCain - Voted against Skinny Repeal and opposed Graham-Cassidy, but he is a strong supporter of the tax cut portions of this bill, and his opposition to repeal was based more on the process of passage rather than the substance of the bill. I doubt mandate repeal alone would be a dealbreaker to him. But it's not impossible.

Safe Support: Other 44 GOP Senators

Overall: 51 AGAINST, 49 SUPPORT

Don't be delusional....their going to pass it and the GOP will get BTFO
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 12:40:08 AM »

Of the "Lean Opposed", the one I'm most worried about is Corker FWIW.

Corker is a cuck...he will do as he's told
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 01:20:16 AM »

Mondale is repeating his predictions before the Healthcare bill word for word. I take this as a very good sign.

Love of my life! GOP will do as it's told
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 05:29:12 PM »

Ryan will just ram through the Senate bill. There will be a few defections from the Lunatics Caucus, but not enough.

This is what I am hoping for.  Not sure it will work out that nicely.  Ideally they take the Senate plan and take out the teacher deduction as well as the House version of Mortgage deduction limitations.  But I will take it if it is just the Senate plan as it.  You got to take what is possible.  The removal of  Health Mandate Repeal would be awesome. 

Paul Ryan is a cuck who served his corporate daddies
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 08:26:52 PM »

I played around with my income tax plan calculator that I built based on the House and Senate plans and added in the feature to do calculations for Singles and Head of Household recently. One thing I noticed about the House and Senate plans is that both closes the gap on the marriage penalty for higher income taxpayers.  But it seems the Senate plan is much more aggressive on closing that gap than the House.  High income singles will get hit badly by this.  It seems the greatest net loser in the Senate tax plan, by far, is the high income single salaried taxpayer living in an ultra-high tax area, say, San Francisco or NYC.   Wow.  My wife tells me some of her single investment banking friends in NYC are very steamed by this plan.  I can see why.  I put in some numbers and nearly fell off my seat on how badly they will get hit.

I didn't read your post but I agree with it's premise: the in.g GOP is gonna raise our taxes
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 08:38:45 PM »

I played around with my income tax plan calculator that I built based on the House and Senate plans and added in the feature to do calculations for Singles and Head of Household recently. One thing I noticed about the House and Senate plans is that both closes the gap on the marriage penalty for higher income taxpayers.  But it seems the Senate plan is much more aggressive on closing that gap than the House.  High income singles will get hit badly by this.  It seems the greatest net loser in the Senate tax plan, by far, is the high income single salaried taxpayer living in an ultra-high tax area, say, San Francisco or NYC.   Wow.  My wife tells me some of her single investment banking friends in NYC are very steamed by this plan.  I can see why.  I put in some numbers and nearly fell off my seat on how badly they will get hit.

I didn't read your post but I agree with it's premise: the in.g GOP is gonna raise our taxes

Depends on your definition of "our."  In my personal case I am a tiny net loser under the House plan but gain somewhat under the Senate plan.  Married tax filers tend to get hit a lot less that single filers in the high income range for NY (especially NYC) taxpayers.  Even people in my situation should get hit badly but does due to some somewhat unique circumstances for my personal situation my hit is almost nothing if not net positive.  But of course the higher your income goes the bigger the hit with the caveat that "our" would refer to salaried workers and not business owners.

Well.ill be damned. .it's even worse for me. Last year I paid a 38% tax rate....I can only imagine this year

GODdamn Paul Ron Ryan
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 04:19:58 PM »

I'm surprised the media hasn't reported more on where net senators stand on this bill

There could be a floor vote next week and nobody knows what Corker, flake, etc are thinking

Is it lazy reporting or are these people just faking being "opposed" to it and then will fall in line?

Cut the media some slack: The checks from the bribes have to clear
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 08:37:56 PM »

First Hurdle for Senate Tax Bill will be Committee Vote on Tuesday. Johnson and Corker are on the committee and if they vote no along with all Dems, bill fails in committee.

Let's not fool ourselves...Johnson will vote Yes.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 10:21:00 PM »

First Hurdle for Senate Tax Bill will be Committee Vote on Tuesday. Johnson and Corker are on the committee and if they vote no along with all Dems, bill fails in committee.

Let's not fool ourselves...Johnson will vote Yes.

Of course he will.  I'll further predict that he'll say he knows the bill isn't perfect, but he wants to move the process along, or something like that.

Apparently Johnson has a bunch of money stored somewhere offshore and was holding the bill because he wanted an even lower pass through rate should he decide to bless us by so courageously returning his money here. Johnson is scum
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »

Probably doing it so he can vote Yes later but tell voters when he runs for re election: "but I tried!"
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 06:16:07 PM »

Is the vote on this fails....does it just go away till 2018?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 06:51:51 PM »

Pretty much, December is jam packed and they won't have any time to restart from scratch with so many other big ticket items on the plate, unless they're willing commit seppuku on the national stage and shove it into the government funding negotiations.

And if it gets pushed into 2018, it's just not getting done at all.

Uff....come on. Tax vote failing, Flynn flipping, Mueller investigating=best Christmas ever
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 07:39:53 PM »

Pretty much, December is jam packed and they won't have any time to restart from scratch with so many other big ticket items on the plate, unless they're willing commit seppuku on the national stage and shove it into the government funding negotiations.

And if it gets pushed into 2018, it's just not getting done at all.

Uff....come on. Tax vote failing, Flynn flipping, Mueller investigating=best Christmas ever

I look forward to getting drunk on eggnog while watching the GOP tax plan fail and watching Muellergeddon happen.

The Muellerman's coming....bye bye Donnie!

The Muellerman - The President Show
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 02:47:20 PM »

Yawn at all these cucks feighing a no vote

You must be logged in to read this quote.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 03:47:49 PM »

Goodbye 80 House seats you cucks
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 09:04:46 PM »

The shuffling of republicans into and out of the no column for this bill is one of the more interesting aspects of the action surrounding this bill.

It's a tactic to confuse the voting Public. They can also say come election time " but but I objected to it!"
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 10:43:55 AM »

Granny starver Paul Ryan just jizzed
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 03:42:08 PM »

Republicans are suck a pathetic bunch
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 05:22:12 PM »

Do not let Marty confuse you: When the Senate votes to bring this bill to debate today, they are voting for a plan that is primarily for the rich and powerful, that will raise the deficit by $1.4 Trillion, and that will kill 13 million people via repealing the individual mandate.

I'm sure Marty knows but he's trying to spin this and fool himself that it isn't so
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 05:58:07 PM »

They're coming for Social security and Medicare next:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 06:09:33 PM »

If they want to do that under Reconcillation, under the rules of the Senate it would have to wait until Fiscal 2019, which starts a month before the midterms.

They seem to be on some kind of hubris... like they can get away with anything
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2017, 06:27:03 PM »

If they want to do that under Reconcillation, under the rules of the Senate it would have to wait until Fiscal 2019, which starts a month before the midterms.

They seem to be on some kind of hubris... like they can get away with anything

Probably because they HAVE been getting away with anything. Thanks to American voters.

Government shutdowns
Unprecedented obstruction
Pedophilia
Sexual assault/pussy grabbing
This monstrosity of a bill
Divorcing themselves from facts and reality
Fanning the flames of racial resentment
Staging a coup against Obama's SCOTUS pick

The list goes on.

It goes back farther than that. The Gingrich Congress and the Bush administration were reckless and corrupt as well
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 07:14:10 PM »

I can see Collins and either Corker or maybe Kennedy voting no but I'm unsure about where a third no could come from

McCain wouldn’t surprise me, he sounds pretty unhappy with the bill and would love to milk being the deciding vote for all the attention he can.

Based McCain
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 03:28:10 PM »

Corker and flake announce they are unwavering no's

Oh look 2 nos....looks like Pence is gonna bring out the gavel and end this Kabuki theater farce
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 03:46:38 PM »

I can guarantee you, and book mark this, that the defecit next fiscal year will alone be 1 Trillion
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies