Birther Roy Moore says a Muslim like Ellison shouldn't be allowed in Congress
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:04:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Birther Roy Moore says a Muslim like Ellison shouldn't be allowed in Congress
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Birther Roy Moore says a Muslim like Ellison shouldn't be allowed in Congress  (Read 2530 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2017, 09:18:01 PM »

The 7 most inflammatory things Roy Moore has said

5. 9/11 may have happened ‘because we’ve distanced ourselves from God’“You know, we’ve suffered a lot in this country,” he said. “Maybe, just maybe, because we’ve distanced ourselves from the one that has it within his hands to heal this land.” He indicated that God may be upset because “we legitimize sodomy” and “legitimize abortion.”

6.'My personal belief' is that Obama wasn’t born in America. Moore questioned then-President Barack Obama’s citizenship during the presidential transition in December, telling the Constitution Party that “there is a big question about that.” “My personal belief is that he wasn’t,” Moore said. “But that’s probably over and done in a few days, unless we get something else to come along.”

7. Rep. Keith Ellison should be prohibited 'from taking the congressional oath' Years before candidate Trump would propose a Muslim ban and seek to restrict travel from certain Muslim-majority nations with an executive order, Moore penned a December 2006 editorial suggesting Rep. Keith Ellison, the first Muslim elected to Congress, shouldn’t be allowed to serve. “Islamic law is simply incompatible with our law,” he wrote. “In 1943, we would never have allowed a member of Congress to take their oath on ‘Mein Kampf,’ or someone in the 1950s to swear allegiance to the ‘Communist Manifesto.’ Congress has the authority and should act to prohibit Ellison from taking the congressional oath today!”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/27/roy-moore-outrageous-things-he-said-243207
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 09:27:35 PM »

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 09:37:29 PM »

I'm starting to think we need to pass a law to make sure all judges are given a copy of the constitution and given periodic pop quizzes like you would do in first grade. It never really occurred to me until I found out about Roy Moore. He's obviously never read it.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 10:02:04 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2017, 10:17:35 PM by Frodo »

I'm starting to think we need to pass a law to make sure all judges are given a copy of the constitution and given periodic pop quizzes like you would do in first grade. It never really occurred to me until I found out about Roy Moore. He's obviously never read it.

I'm sure he's read it -as a theonomist, he has simply decided that Mosaic law deserves supremacy over constitutional law.  
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 11:18:52 PM »

The proper word for this type of person is Christofascist.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 11:29:37 PM »

Most judges would probably fail the 4th amendment. Blanket eavesdropping on millions of innocent people? Yeah, that can't violate the 4th amendment, right? Fail.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 11:52:37 PM »

I, for one, am glad to see Roy Moore (and Donald Trump, and others like them)  become prominent representatives of the Republican Party. They show everyone what the GOP really is. It is time to stop pretending that Republicans are reasonable people with who we disagree. Virtually all of them are either idiots voting against their own and their nation's interests, or wanna-be oppressive authoritarians who dream about destroying our democracy.

Republicans unquestioningly have political power, but zero legitimacy. In a centuries to come the 'GOP' and its foul ideology will be looked back on by historians as the worst political faction in Western civilization since the Nazis. For the good of America, Americans, and humanity, Republicans politicians need to be voted out of office, and their foul mix of racism, oppression, and ignorance tossed on where it belongs on the dung-heap of history.

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 01:48:08 AM »

Constitutional issues aside, this is a pretty popular opinion within the GOP.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 02:50:26 AM »

Yep, any 'moderate' Republicans who say this man doesn't represent the GOP is a liar
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 07:17:18 AM »

If Moore wins the race in December, it's because the people of Alabama distanced themselves from God. Wink
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 07:39:11 AM »

If Moore wins the race in December, it's because the people of Alabama distanced themselves from God. Wink

How can you distance yourself from something that was never real to begin with?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 08:12:14 AM »

The 7 most inflammatory things Roy Moore has said

5. 9/11 may have happened ‘because we’ve distanced ourselves from God’“You know, we’ve suffered a lot in this country,” he said. “Maybe, just maybe, because we’ve distanced ourselves from the one that has it within his hands to heal this land.” He indicated that God may be upset because “we legitimize sodomy” and “legitimize abortion.”

6.'My personal belief' is that Obama wasn’t born in America. Moore questioned then-President Barack Obama’s citizenship during the presidential transition in December, telling the Constitution Party that “there is a big question about that.” “My personal belief is that he wasn’t,” Moore said. “But that’s probably over and done in a few days, unless we get something else to come along.”

7. Rep. Keith Ellison should be prohibited 'from taking the congressional oath' Years before candidate Trump would propose a Muslim ban and seek to restrict travel from certain Muslim-majority nations with an executive order, Moore penned a December 2006 editorial suggesting Rep. Keith Ellison, the first Muslim elected to Congress, shouldn’t be allowed to serve. “Islamic law is simply incompatible with our law,” he wrote. “In 1943, we would never have allowed a member of Congress to take their oath on ‘Mein Kampf,’ or someone in the 1950s to swear allegiance to the ‘Communist Manifesto.’ Congress has the authority and should act to prohibit Ellison from taking the congressional oath today!”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/27/roy-moore-outrageous-things-he-said-243207

I wonder whether former Judge Moore has ever read the Constitution that he professes to have served, or even understands some core realities of legal precedent.

5? I have heard this argument before, and it is spurious in the extreme. 9/11 happened with a  President hostile to abortion and homosexuality.

6? The public record is definitive, barring a blatant mistake (as in a death certificate that holds that a man died of uterine cancer) or deliberate misrepresentation (as in death certificates issued in Nazi extermination camps with active gas chambers). Barack Obama was born in Hawaii, and even had he been born in Kenya, his mother's good standing as a US citizen would have been enough to make Barack Obama an American by birth.

7? The Constitution prohibits any religious tests for office. If one can prohibit Keith Ellison from taking the Oath of Office on a Koran, then one can prohibit a Jew from taking an Oath of Office on a Torah.

Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto are not religious texts.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 08:41:31 AM »

If God was good, She would not have created Roy Moore.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 09:24:21 AM »

Why does Moore hate the Constitution? 
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 09:30:13 AM »

Greattttttt post, bro.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 09:31:58 AM »

The Ellison thing is further evidence that Moore does not understand the Constitution and should not be elected.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 09:40:08 AM »

EUPHORIC
kyc0705

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 10:14:48 AM »

Oh wow. I mean, maybe you're right, but wooowwww.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 10:22:41 AM »

I don't really see what's wrong with Solid4096's post.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 12:04:02 PM »

There was an article covering the runoff where someone asked an Alabama Republican if it bothered them that Moore had made anti-Muslim comments, and he replied, "I'm anti-Muslim too!"
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 12:42:03 PM »

There was an article covering the runoff where someone asked an Alabama Republican if it bothered them that Moore had made anti-Muslim comments, and he replied, "I'm anti-Muslim too!"

Yep. I believe it.
No one should be shocked that they elect this bigot come December.
It's Alabama.
Roy Moore is more associated with Satan, than God.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 01:13:49 PM »

Kasich has said that Moore's ideas are ludicrous.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 03:16:08 PM »

At least you're sticking to your strict no tossup policy.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 03:16:34 PM »

I don't really see what's wrong with Solid4096's post.

Pretty douchey thing to say, that's all!
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 03:24:50 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies