Roy Moore 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:10:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Roy Moore 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Roy Moore 2020  (Read 4416 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 05:56:25 PM »

Bumping after the recent allegations.

It's interesting to wonder what percentage of votes an actual pedophile can get on the national ballot.

At least 40% as long as he had the R after his name. They'll rationalize that the Democrat sent emails or invented the internet or something, so therefore the pedophile is the lesser of two evils.

I mean, a Democrat DID invent the internet. Smiley  Anyway, Moore would be absolutely destroyed in a GE, mostly because - despite how crazy the GOP seems sometimes now a days - he would have to win a very fractured GOP field.  I'll get made fun of for thinking that, but the whole GOP electorate is not the Alabama GOP electorate, and there'd be a serious void for a less offensive "Christian conservative" or whatever to come in.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 05:58:04 PM »

If an actual pedophile got a major party nomination, no way in hell they would get more than 40% of the vote.

Will you still say that if Roy Moore wins in a month?

Yes? a special election in the most conservative state in the union is not representative of what would happen if a pedophile was a Presidential nominee.

If Moore can win in Alabama, he can get 40% of the vote nationwide. Even candidates that have lost almost every state have cracked 40%.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 05:59:26 PM »

If an actual pedophile got a major party nomination, no way in hell they would get more than 40% of the vote.

Yes? a special election in the most conservative state in the union is not representative of what would happen if a pedophile was a Presidential nominee.

If Moore can win in Alabama, he can get 40% of the vote nationwide. Even candidates that have lost almost every state have cracked 40%.

If Moore was the Republican nominee, there would be a "rational" conservative third party that would likely put Moore in third place nationally.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 06:00:51 PM »

he wouldn't even do that badly esp. because of modern polarization
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2017, 12:31:53 PM »

Roy Moore is far more likely to be the nominee of the Constitution Party in 2020 than he is to mount a primary challenge to Trump.  He's been mentioned before as the Constitution Party's nominee before, and he'd certainly give gravitas to the Constitution Party if he ran.  He's a guy who might actually carry a few states, but who would ultimately lose big. 

Moore shares some of Trump's constituency, but he's not like Trump.  Trump doesn't bother himself with the kind of deep philosophical issues of Natural Law and Nature's God that Moore has made a career over.  Moore speaks a language that I doubt Trump cares about; the language of principle, and while one may not agree with Moore's principled, one cannot argue Moore's character.  I would also suspect that Moore's constituency involves many of the Ted Cruz supporters; it was CRUZ, and not Trump that was the favorite of REGULAR churchgoers in 2016. 

If Moore actually challenged Trump, he wouldn't win, but he'd get a decent number of religious conservatives to support him.  Moore's entry into the 2020 GOP Presidential primaries is the sort of event that might cause others to jump in and splinter the race.  None of this is likely, however.  I predict Moore will focus on his own re-election, and I believe he'll be re-elected easily.

I guess multiple someones have argued Moore's character.  Rather successfully, at least to date.

I also don't think Moore will have re-election worries.  Even given that it's Alabama, I believe that Jones will win the special election.  I don't believe Moore will ever be elected to any public office again.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2017, 12:18:50 AM »

Without pedophilia:

413-125

With pedophilia and it's proven:

517-21. State margins reflect blanket Democratic support vs. third parties, the largest being a western focused "Conservative American Party" catering to former Republicans who don't want to end up in a one party state.
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2017, 03:06:40 AM »

I am no fan of Roy Moore I'm an atheist who supports the separation of church and state. I wanted Mo Brooks to win. That said, these are allegations. They are not proven. They likely cannot be proven. Moore has been in the public spotlight for years, yet these allegations about events 30 years ago show up a month before the election? In American law, it's innocent until proven guilty. The whole thing is suspicious. If he was found guilty, I assure you he'd never have reached the ballot, but right now the most reasonable thing a republican can do is elect him and then if the allegations are true, get a new senator appointed by the governor when he resigns or is forced out.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2017, 08:46:12 AM »

The most realistic map for Roy Moore nationally
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 01:01:10 PM »

If he's also against Doug Jones as opposed to a more liberal democrat, the Dems could take MO, IN, MT, and AK as well.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 03:38:29 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2017, 03:50:34 PM by ERM64man »

No way Moore wins Texas.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 05:42:25 PM »

As a Texan I can vouch that he could still easily win here even with his allegations.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2017, 11:57:35 PM »

Without pedophilia, his floor is 45%. With pedophilia, his floor drops to 44.5%.

Lol.

And if the Democrats nominate a "neoliberal" or someone who had a private e mail, both parties will be "just as bad."
LOL right!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 10:40:10 AM »

Heck. No.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 10:42:47 AM »

Oklahoma's just as Democratic as California? Huh
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2017, 10:44:52 AM »

Comrade Connie Johnson performs a hostile takeover of Oklafornia. What I found more interesting was that Texas votes to the right of Alabunga.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2017, 11:27:26 AM »

If you flip Texas, this map is fairly accurate, margins notwithstanding.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2017, 11:58:57 AM »

People voted by party registration by a good margin due to Roy Moore's teen loving scandal in '17. Oklahoma has more registered Democrats than Republicans.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2017, 12:10:22 PM »

People voted by party registration by a good margin due to Roy Moore's teen loving scandal in '17. Oklahoma has more registered Democrats than Republicans.

Actually, I think registered Republicans just recently passed registered Democrats in Oklahoma.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2017, 12:12:02 PM »

Actually, I think registered Republicans just recently passed registered Democrats in Oklahoma.

Smiley
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2017, 09:55:14 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2017, 10:14:23 PM by ERM64man »

As a Texan I can vouch that he could still easily win here even with his allegations.
Alabama is far more red (Atlas blue) than Texas. Texas flips before Alabama. No way TX votes to the right of AL.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 10:14:38 PM »

Moore vs. Biden vs. McMullin
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length