Kasich threatens to leave GOP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:17:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kasich threatens to leave GOP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Kasich threatens to leave GOP  (Read 3160 times)
Rjjr77
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2017, 09:14:50 AM »

Heres Kasich's problems:
He isn't anything that people believe him to be, he isn't a nice guy, he isnt a moderate, he isn't a conservative, and he hasnt really accomplished anything.

People point to a balanced budget that never happened, or an economic boom in Ohio that never happened.  Hes a jerk, hes a flip flopper who has waffled on everything every cycle, hes engaged in shady and ridiculous maneuvers, and he couldn't win a republican primary in his home state for any office right now.
uti2

« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2017, 10:22:49 AM »

Heres Kasich's problems:
He isn't anything that people believe him to be, he isn't a nice guy, he isnt a moderate, he isn't a conservative, and he hasnt really accomplished anything.

People point to a balanced budget that never happened, or an economic boom in Ohio that never happened.  Hes a jerk, hes a flip flopper who has waffled on everything every cycle, hes engaged in shady and ridiculous maneuvers, and he couldn't win a republican primary in his home state for any office right now.

Rubio flipflopping days after a debate to a new position on drafting women is the definition of waffling, which is why it doesn't make sense to defend him in the context of attacking Kasich, as he's vulnerable to similar criticisms. I've documented  the shady maneuvers & positioning of the other candidates, and when you respond by invoking an ideological argument, again, that ideological defense works more when you're trying to defend Cruz, but not so much Rubio.

You're trying to point out Kasich's perceived hypocrisies and ideological inconsistencies, that's fine, but a grassroots candidate providing the contrast to that is someone more like Cruz.
Rjjr77
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2017, 11:52:18 PM »

Heres Kasich's problems:

People point to a balanced budget that never happened, or an economic boom in Ohio that never happened.  Hes a jerk, hes a flip flopper who has waffled on everything every cycle, hes engaged in shady and ridiculous maneuvers, and he couldn't win a republican primary in his home state for any office right now.

Rubio flipflopping days after a debate to a new position on drafting women is the definition of waffling, which is why it doesn't make sense to defend him in the context of attacking Kasich, as he's vulnerable to similar criticisms. I've documented  the shady maneuvers & positioning of the other candidates, and when you respond by invoking an ideological argument, again, that ideological defense works more when you're trying to defend Cruz, but not so much Rubio.

You're trying to point out Kasich's perceived hypocrisies and ideological inconsistencies, that's fine, but a grassroots candidate providing the contrast to that is someone more like Cruz.

defend Kasich rather than deflecting to Rubio.

Kasich has decades of flip flops, you point out the fact that he flipped on drafting females?

I respect Rubio 100x over Kasich, because he's been less of a disgusting self serving person, is that because hes been office for a shorter time? maybe? even then I'd probably STILL respect Rubio more because at the end of the day hes actually a nice person unlike kasich
uti2

« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2017, 03:52:44 AM »

Heres Kasich's problems:

Kasich has decades of flip flops, you point out the fact that he flipped on drafting females?

I respect Rubio 100x over Kasich, because he's been less of a disgusting self serving person, is that because hes been office for a shorter time? maybe? even then I'd probably STILL respect Rubio more because at the end of the day hes actually a nice person unlike kasich

For what it's worth, you pretty much prove the point I made in my earlier post with that comment. The subtext of this comment also demonstrates how rubio ripped ideological conservative voters away from people who would've otherwise voted Cruz on the basis of ideological, rather than superficial characteristics.

Actually for your first point, it's more like rubio/cruz had no records and no accomplishments so they attempted to demagogue on their lack of record. In the case of Cruz, at least he's more consistent with regards to his tea party roots vs. rubio (but you hit Kasich for these inconsistencies, while not mentioning Rubio). If you want to reference Obama, Cruz better fits the mold of Obama who attempted to position himself as a progressive grassroots candidate.

Kasich was filling a niche, as you explain, he positioned himself to appeal to moderate voters, his category also had Christie & Jeb. There are different factions of the GOP. If you go by that line of thinking, then it should also be accepted that Rubio's role in the race served to split conservatives from Cruz. Rubio split the vote of the Conservative Niche that was dominated by Cruz.

Your argument would work better if it was invoked to defend Cruz rather than Rubio, to be fair. Glass Houses and all that.
Rjjr77
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2017, 12:22:01 PM »

Heres Kasich's problems:

For what it's worth, you pretty much prove the point I made in my earlier post with that comment. The subtext of this comment also demonstrates how rubio ripped ideological conservative voters away from people who would've otherwise voted Cruz on the basis of ideological, rather than superficial characteristics.

Actually for your first point, it's more like rubio/cruz had no records and no accomplishments so they attempted to demagogue on their lack of record. In the case of Cruz, at least he's more consistent with regards to his tea party roots vs. rubio (but you hit Kasich for these inconsistencies, while not mentioning Rubio). If you want to reference Obama, Cruz better fits the mold of Obama who attempted to position himself as a progressive grassroots candidate.

Kasich was filling a niche, as you explain, he positioned himself to appeal to moderate voters, his category also had Christie & Jeb. There are different factions of the GOP. If you go by that line of thinking, then it should also be accepted that Rubio's role in the race served to split conservatives from Cruz. Rubio split the vote of the Conservative Niche that was dominated by Cruz.

Your argument would work better if it was invoked to defend Cruz rather than Rubio, to be fair. Glass Houses and all that.

Rubio actually has a strong conservative record of his own, which you ignore, the man has a lifetime 81% Heritage action score, making him actually one of the most conservative US Senators.

I'd like to point out Rubio voted to have women eligible for the draft btw, as he said he would
uti2

« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2017, 12:38:01 PM »

Heres Kasich's problems:

Rubio actually has a strong conservative record of his own, which you ignore, the man has a lifetime 81% Heritage action score, making him actually one of the most conservative US Senators.

I'd like to point out Rubio voted to have women eligible for the draft btw, as he said he would

Actually, his Heritage ranking is 73%.
Rjjr77
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2017, 12:42:48 PM »

his lifetime heritage action score is 81%
uti2

« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2017, 03:42:35 PM »

His overall rank is at 15. As a comparison, Hillary in 2008 was ranked as the 16th most liberal.
Rjjr77
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2017, 03:59:07 PM »

His overall rank is at 15. As a comparison, Hillary in 2008 was ranked as the 16th most liberal.

thats just this year, please learn to look at lifetime scores as cycles change depending on votes.

Rubios 81% puts him on par with Mike Crapo, and higher than Tim Scott, Jeff Sessions, Tom Cotton, Steve Daines, etc.

Life time score Rubio is the 7th most conservative senator in the senate, and a good chunk ahead of 8th place.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »

Heres Kasich's problems:

Interesting thing about flip flops. No one ever accuses Obama or Clinton of "flip flopping" on gay marriage, for instance. Views of politicians change over time.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2017, 07:27:07 AM »

pls leave. would be hillarious to see him become a nobody independent
Kasich has had more conservative accomplishments then most republicans by far...

Didn't you get the memo? Conservativism means mistreating women, bashing immigrants, and triggering libs. Get with the program!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies