1996: Dole out, Quayle in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:21:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  1996: Dole out, Quayle in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: 1996: Dole out, Quayle in  (Read 12025 times)
BushKerry04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2018, 12:25:12 AM »

November 25, 2011 - Former Presidents Phil Gramm and George H.W. Bush, Former Governor George W. Bush of Texas back Watts for President

AUSTIN, TX - Former Presidents Phil Gramm and George Bush, along with Former Governor of Texas and 2008 GOP Presidential Nominee George W. Bush, all endorsed JC Watts for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination. "JC Watts was my strongest ally in Congress. He's been a consistent conservative who helped me write and pass a historic tax cut, welfare reform, and legislation to defend the dignity of every human life. I'm proud to call JC a friend, and I know he will make a great President," Gramm declared. "JC Watts has the knowledge of both foreign policy and domestic issues that is crucial in a President," Former President Bush said. "JC Watts is a man of character and integrity. A majority of Americans wanted him to serve as Vice President four years ago, and I know he can win this election," Governor Bush stated.

December 2, 2011 - Former President Bill Clinton, Former Vice President Al Gore endorse Wesley Clark for President

IOWA CITY, IA - Former President Bill Clinton and Former Vice President Al Gore traveled to Iowa to endorse Wesley Clark for President. "Wesley Clark has served his nation in uniform and is one of the great foreign policy minds of our era. He knows about leadership, patriotism, and has a real plan to get our economy back on track," Clinton stated. "Secretary Clark is committed to restoring opportunity and combating the climate crisis. I've known him a long time and I know he loves his country and will always do what's right for us," Gore said.
BushKerry04

« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2018, 12:16:46 PM »

January 2, 2012 - GOP candidates debate ahead of Iowa Caucuses

"When Joe Lieberman was elected President of the United States eight years ago, unemployment was 3.8%. Today, it's over 9%. The national debt was $5.4 trillion, today it's $8.8 trillion. We had 28 million Americans on food stamps, today that number is 47 million. The American people need strong, new, conservative leadership to turn our economy around. I spent most of my career in the private sector where I helped turn companies around and create jobs. I then went on to manage the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics and turned them around and helped make our games successful. As Governor of Massachusetts, I worked with Republicans and Democrats to cap spending, balance our budget, and reduce debt. Our economy went from 27th to 15th in the nation and we kept taxes below the rate of inflation during my eight years in office. I'm running for President to use my experience to turn our economy around. I want to reduce taxes for our businesses and every taxpayer, roll back this President's excessive regulations, embrace free trade, and invest in job training at community colleges. I know that while we are facing some challenging times right now, we can turn things around and I'm ready to lead that effort" - Mitt Romney

"Millions of Americans are struggling to find work, make ends meet, afford health insurance, and ensure their children get a quality education. I've been there myself at different points in my life and I've tried to help those who needed it as a faith leader, Phil Gramm's strongest ally in Congress, and in the private sector over the past decade. I'm proud to have the endorsement of President Phil Gramm, who has endorsed my economic plan and said that my support, along with the support of the American people, was instrumental in passing his economic agenda. The question voters are asking me when I travel the nation is, how will I get our economy moving again? My economic agenda starts with replacing the current tax code with a 12% flat tax on personal income and business income. I also want to work on free trade agreements that this administration has stalled, I'll reverse every single last one of Joe Lieberman's economic regulations, and I'll work to appoint a Federal Reserve Chair who believes in a strong dollar. I also want to have an education system where we rely more on local control and less on the federal government. If we want our kids to be prepared for the jobs of tomorrow, we have to end outdated federal educational guidelines and I'll do just that. I believe my conservative values and my record prove that I am best prepared to advance our values as President of the United States" - JC Watts

"What you are hearing tonight and have from Republican candidates since 1988 is a vision of America from the lenses of political consultants and K Street donors. I'm the only candidate here tonight who actually defends our conservative values despite what you might here from the front-runners from Wall Street and Washington D.C. I am unapologetic in my beliefs. I want to protect marriage as a sacred and biblical institution between one man and one woman, I want to end all abortions and I won't apologize for that, we will stop allowing illegal aliens to stay in our country and we will secure the border, and I won't embrace the progressive and oppressive federal income tax as my colleagues up here have done, we must eliminate the income tax and the IRS. Republicans are going to lose a third presidential election if we continue to be a Democrat-lite party that embraces false narratives on social issues, amnesty, the progressive income tax, and corporate greed. We aren't going to win if we abandon the Judaeo-Christian values that made our country great, and I intend to speak the truth about who we are as a society in this campaign" - Alan Keyes

"The media, the pundits, and the establishment have crowned Congressman Watts and Governor Romney as our presumptive candidates for President. I'm here to tell you that it's the voters who have to decide who they believe best represents our party. I'm proud to have been called one of our nation's most conservative legislators by the Washington Post and have amongst the highest ratings from the American Taxpayer's Union and National Right to Life. I am the only candidate up here with experience both in the legislative and executive branches of government. In both of those positions, I helped fight for our conservative principles. I'm not supported by Wall Street like Governor Romney or the D.C. establishment like Congressman Watts, and I don't say controversial things for headlines like Ambassador Keyes. I'm a plain spoken person with experience and the ability to unite Republicans behind a message of a strong military, traditional values, and fiscal conservatism. My entire career has been dedicated to those principles" - George Allen  

"This election comes down to consistency and leadership. I have taken positions on issues that I care deeply about without regards to polling. I've stood with the conservative base of our party on most issues, particularly defending the sanctity of human life, school choice, allowing markets to lower the cost of health care, and welfare reform. But there are times when I disagree with some. I stand by my support for bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform that emphasizes border security. I also stand by my support for tax credits that help us find cures to diseases. But on most of the important issues facing our country, I stand with a majority of conservatives and Republicans not because of polls, but because of my beliefs. Unfortunately, others in this race have shifted their views. Congressman Watts has shifted his position on campaign finance reform, as has Governor Romney. In fact, Governor Romney also said that he was pro-choice and running for office not to continue Republican values. I think our party needs a nominee who is consistent, principled, and able to work across the aisle in a way that benefits all Americans" - Mel Martinez

"In New York, I proved that independent Republican leadership can work. I'm not a partisan, I'm a reformer. Like Governor Romney and Congressman Watts, I've also had the chance to cut taxes and balance budgets. But I've also invested in education, infrastructure, and protected a woman's right to choose. I bring this up because I want you to know who I am and what I've done so you can make an educated choice as to what kind of President I'd be. I'm not looking to be the Republican nominee for President because I'm a purist, I'm looking to represent our party as a common sense conservative who believes in state's rights and limited government. I realize my positions on abortion and same-sex marriage are not majority positions in our party, but I'm not running to make these decisions for states. I'll help states where the federal government can, but I believe better work is done by the nations Governors and more importantly, the American people. What I bring to this race that separates me from others is that I'm not looking to be a Republican President, I'm looking to be President of the United States " - George Pataki

January 3, 2012 - Iowa Caucuses: Watts, Obama win in close races

GOP - Watts 30% Keyes 27% Romney 25% Martinez 10% Allen 5% Pataki 2%
DEM - Obama 45% Clark 42% Andrews 12%

DES MOINES, IA - Republican JC Watts and Democrat Barack Obama won Iowa's Presidential Caucuses in their respective parties. Exit polling shows that the state's most conservative caucus-goers slightly favored Watts over opponent Alan Keyes (32%-30%) but that Watts tied with Mitt Romney with moderates (29%-29%). Much like in his 2008 campaign, Watts performed strongly with female voters (34% to 27% for Romney and 23% for Keyes) and younger voters (37% to 22% for Romney and 18% for opponent Mel Martinez). Keye's 2nd place finish can be attributed to strong support amongst conservatives and winning a plurality of the state's most religious voters (30% compared to 27% for Watts). On the Democratic side, Senator Barack Obama of Illinois built a coalition of his own to upset Former Secretary of State Wesley Clark. While moderates favored Clark over Obama (48%-41%) liberals favored Obama (46%-42%). Obama also won the overwhelming support of minority voters (60% to 28% for Clark) and enjoyed strong support from farmers (48% to 39% for Clark) which were key to his victory. Clark managed to win a plurality of the female vote (48% to 39% for Obama).

January 10, 2012 - New Hampshire Primary: Romney easily wins, Clark defeats Obama; Pataki exits race

GOP - Romney 40% Watts 25% Martinez 20% Keyes 9% Pataki 4% Allen 1%
DEM - Clark 45% Obama 40% Andrews 14%

MANCHESTER, NH - Republican Mitt Romney and Democrat Wesley Clark won New Hampshire's presidential primary. Romney's 15-point win over opponent JC Watts can be attributed to strong support amongst moderates (50%-30%), independents (44%-35%), and those 65+ (50%-29%). Much like in Iowa, however, Watts won the female vote (41%-30%) and conservatives (36%-34%). On the Democratic side, Former Secretary of State Wesley Clark's win comes from the same places as Romney's. Clark defeated opponent Barack Obama with moderates (47%-40%), independents (50%-38%), and those 65+ (47%-41%). However, Clark defeated Obama amongst female voters (44%-40%) as the two tied with male voters and those with a college degree.
BushKerry04

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2018, 02:16:04 PM »

January 21, 2012 - South Carolina Primary: Clark defeats Obama, Watts wins in landslide; Allen exits Presidential Race

WASHINGTON, DC - A new survey finds Former Oklahoma Congressman JC Watts is the clear favorite to win the GOP nomination for President as both Democrats in the presidential race remain in a tight race. Nationally, Watts leads opponents Mitt Romney and Alan Keyes 40%-28%-15% as Clark leads Obama 42%-40%. Watts also enjoys leads over Romney in Colorado (37%-30%), Minnesota (41%-28%), Alaska (39%-29%), and Arizona (35%-30%). Romney leads Watts in Maine, 41%-30%. On the Democratic side, Clark and Obama are tied in Colorado and Alaska as Obama leads Clark in Minnesota (42%-30%) and Clark leads Obama in Arizona (39%-31%). The survey also finds that President Joe Lieberman's approval rating is at a record low of 38%, with 45% of Americans voicing disapproval with the President's job performance.
BushKerry04

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2018, 01:10:19 PM »

February 4, 2012 - Romney, Clark win Maine Caucuses

GOP - Romney 41% Watts 40% Keyes 18%
DEM - Clark 53% Obama 46%

February 7, 2012 - Watts sweeps, Clark takes Colorado and Missouri as Obama takes Minnesota

Colorado:
GOP - Watts 38% Romney 30% Keyes 21%
DEM - Clark 51% Obama 48%

Missouri:
GOP -  Watts 45% Romney 30% Keyes 24%
DEM - Clark 60% Obama 39%

Minnesota
GOP - Watts 55% Romney 35% Keyes 9%
DEM - Obama 50% Clark 49%

February 28, 2012 - Watts and Clark win Arizona, Romney and Obama win Michigan

Michigan:
GOP - Romney 51% Watts 30% Keyes 18%
DEM - Obama 55% Clark 44%

Arizona:
GOP - Watts 40% Romney 37% Keyes 22%
DEM - Clark 53% Obama 46%

March 6, 2012 - Super Tuesday 2012: Watts wins 7 contests, Romney takes 4; Clark and Obama split victories

WASHINGTON, DC - Former Oklahoma Congressman JC Watts won a majority of Republican presidential contests on Super Tuesday, securing victories in Alaska, Georgia, North Dakota, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia, and his home state of Oklahoma as opponent Mitt Romney won contests in Idaho, Wyoming, Vermont and his home state of Massachusetts. On the Democratic side, Former Secretary of State Wesley Clark managed to win contests in Georgia, North Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, and Oklahoma, as opponent Barack Obama carried Massachusetts, Vermont, Ohio, Wyoming, and Idaho.

GOP Exit Poll:

By ideology:
Conservative - Watts 47% Romney 35% Keyes 17%
Moderate - Romney 45% Watts 44% Keyes 10%

By political party:
Republican - Watts 48% Romney 35% Keyes 16%
Independent - Romney 47% Watts 40% Keyes 12%

By gender:
Male - Watts 42% Romney 42% Keyes 15%
Female - Watts 50% Romney 38% Keyes 11%

By geography:
Rural - Watts 48% Romney 32% Keyes 19%
Suburban - Watts 45% Romney 44% Keyes 10%
Urban - Romney 48% Watts 42% Keyes 9%

By race:
White - Watts 42% Romney 38% Keyes 19%
Hispanic/Latino - Watts 45% Romney 43% Keyes 11%
Black - Watts 60% Romney 30% Keyes 9%
Asian - Romney 47% Watts 45% Keyes 7%

By education:
High school diploma - Watts 50% Keyes 30% Romney 19%
College degree - Romney 47% Watts 43% Keyes 9%

By religion:
Evangelical Christian - Watts 55% Keyes 30% Romney 14%
Protestant - Watts 51% Romney 40% Keyes 8%
Catholic - Watts 60% Keyes 20% Romney 19%
Mormon - Romney 97% Keyes 1% Watts 1%
Christian (Other) - Watts 50% Romney 41% Keyes 8%
Jewish - Watts 45% Romney 45% Keyes 9%
Muslim - Romney 78% Watts 20% Keyes 1%
Atheist - Romney 92% Watts 7% Keyes 0.1%
Other - Romney 49% Watts 40% Keyes 10%

By income:
Below $25,000 - Watts 55% Romney 30% Keyes 14% 
$25,000-$45,000 - Watts 52% Romney 30% Keyes 17% 
$45,000-$65,000 - Watts 45% Romney 35% Keyes 19%
$65,000-$100,000 - Romney 50% Watts 42% Keyes 7%
Above $100,000 - Romney 50% Watts 47% Keyes 2%

By age:
18-34 - Watts 71% Romney 25% Keyes 3%
35-50 - Watts 50% Romney 38% Keyes 11%
50-65 - Watts 45% Romney 40% Keyes 14%
65+ - Watts 42% Romney 41% Keyes 16%

By most important issue:
Economy/jobs - Watts 45% Romney 45% Keyes 19%
National debt - Watts 48% Romney 40% Keyes 11%
National Security - Watts 52% Romney 40% Keyes 7%
Illegal immigration - Keyes 77% Romney 20% Watts 2%
Social issues - Watts 50% Keyes 40% Romney 9%
Education - Watts 82% Romney 12% Keyes 5%
Entitlements - Watts 55% Romney 40% Keyes 4%
Health care - Romney 51% Watts 40% Keyes 8%
Electable - Watts 49% Romney 45% Keyes 5%

DEM Exit Poll:

By ideology:
Liberal - Obama 55% Clark 44%
Moderate - Clark 65% Obama 34%

By political party:
Democratic - Clark 49% Obama 49%
Independent - Clark 54% Obama 45%

By gender:
Male - Obama 50% Clark 49%
Female - Clark 53% Obama 46%

By geography:
Rural - Clark 67% Obama 32%
Suburban - Clark 50% Obama 48%
Urban - Obama 65% Clark 34%

By race:
White - Clark 53% Obama 46%
Hispanic/Latino - Obama 51% Clark 48%
Black - Obama 97% Clark 2%
Asian - Obama 55% Clark 44%
Other - Obama 62% Clark 37%

By education:
High school diploma - Clark 56% Obama 43%
College degree - Obama 50% Clark 48%

By religion:
Evangelical Christian - Obama 90% Clark 9%
Protestant - Clark 53% Obama 46%
Catholic - Clark 55% Obama 44%
Mormon - Clark 50% Obama 49%
Christian (Other) - Clark 54% Obama 45%
Jewish - Clark 60% Obama 39%
Muslim - Obama 50% Clark 49%
Atheist - Obama 90% Clark 9%
Other - Obama 51% Clark 48%

By income:
Below $25,000 - Clark 56% Obama 43%
$25,000-$45,000 - Clark 53% Obama 46%
$45,000-$65,000 - Clark 50% Obama 49%
$65,000-$100,000 - Obama 52% Clark 47%
Above $100,000 - Obama 53% Clark 46%

By age:
18-34 - Obama 60% Clark 39%
35-50 - Obama 55% Clark 44%
50-65 - Clark 53% Obama 46%
65+ - Clark 55% Obama 44%

By most important issue:
Economy/jobs - Obama 51% Clark 48%
National debt - Clark 53% Obama 46%
National Security - Clark 72% Obama 27%
Illegal immigration - Obama 55% Clark 44%
Social issues - Obama 50% Clark 49%
Education - Obama 50% Clark 49%
Entitlements - Clark 57% Obama 42%
Health care - Obama 58% Clark 41%
Electable - Clark 82% Obama 17%

BushKerry04

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2018, 10:54:53 PM »

March 7, 2012 - Hiawaii Caucuses: Obama, Watts sweep

BOSTON, MA - Former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney conceded defeat in the GOP primary and endorsed  fellow candidate JC Watts. At present, Romney trails Watts in the national popular vote; Watts has 7.5 million votes compared to 4.9 million for Romney, 1.8 million for Keyes, and 464,000 for other candidates. Romney also trails Watts in the delegate count; the GOP candidate needs 1,204 delegates to win the nomination. At present, Watts has 987, Romney has 592, Keyes has 393, and other candidates have 97. "Our campaign has always been about getting our economy moving again and ensuring America remains the hope of the earth. Allowing Alan Keyes to win the Republican nomination in an open convention would be irresponsible of me, and counterproductive for our party. We need a nominee who can unite the nation behind a pro-growth agenda. While we do disagree on a few issues, I firmly believe that JC Watts has the right vision to move the nation forward. Today, I am ending my campaign for President and endorsing JC Watts for the Republican presidential nomination," Romney declared.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2018, 11:09:47 PM »

Prediction: Watts will defeat Clark in 2012, and then Obama will defeat Watts for reelection in 2016
BushKerry04

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2018, 04:02:19 PM »

Prediction: Watts will defeat Clark in 2012, and then Obama will defeat Watts for reelection in 2016

Interesting prediction, it's possible!

April 14, 2012 - Nebraska Caucuses: Watts, Clark win

WASHINGTON, DC - A new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll finds President Joe Lieberman's approval rating remains stuck at 37% while 53% of Americans now disapprove of the President's job performance, which most analysts agree is impacting the race for President. In a hypothetical general election, Republican JC Watts leads both Democratic candidates by double-digits; Watts leads Former Secretary of State Wesley Clark 50%-38% and Illinois Senator Barack Obama 50%-36%. In the Democratic primary, Clark leads Obama 49%-44% nationally and in two of the three upcoming primary states; Clark leads Obama 48%-40% in North Carolina and 53%-32% in West Virginia. Obama leads Clark 47%-44% in Indiana.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2018, 04:03:48 PM »

What's making Lieberman so unpopular?
BushKerry04

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2018, 06:14:39 PM »

What's making Lieberman so unpopular?

The recession
BushKerry04

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2018, 09:29:12 PM »

May 5, 2012 - SOURCES: Clark, Obama to meet to discuss unity ticket

WASHINGTON, DC - Multiple sources familiar with Democratic Party politics told the Washington Times that a group of Democratic donors, consultants, and Former President Bill Clinton have urged Democratic Presidential Hopefuls Wesley Clark and Barack Obama to form a unity ticket to prevent a prolonged Democratic primary or even an open convention. At present, Clark has 14.1 million popular votes and 2,117 delegates compared to Obama's 12 million popular votes and 1,778 delegates. 2,475 delegates are needed to win the nomination. One source said that Clark agreed to offer Obama the vice presidential nomination, but Obama has not committed to such a meeting.

May 8, 2012 - Obama wins Indiana, Clark wins North Carolina and West Virginia

Indiana - Obama 53% Clark 46%
North Carolina - Clark 55% Obama 44%
West Virginia - Clark 71% Obama 28%

May 10, 2012 - BREAKING: After 2-hour meeting, Clark and Obama announce unity ticket, Obama officially ends presidential bid

LITTLE ROCK, AR - Former Secretary of State Wesley Clark became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee after a 120 minute meeting with Illinois Senator Barack Obama, who agreed to exit the presidential race and run as Clark's running-mate. "Senator Obama and I are committed to uniting our supporters, our party, and the country behind an agenda to rebuild the middle class and strengthen our military," Clark said at a press conference where the two announced their unity ticket. "Together, I know Wesley Clark and I can change America and help every American reach his or her full potential," Obama declared.

May 25, 2012 - Survey: Lieberman still at 37% approval, Watts favored to win presidency

BOSTON, MA - A new Boston Globe poll finds that Republican JC Watts leads Democrat Wesley Clark in the race for President by a comfortable margin both nationally and in several swing states. Nationally, Watts leads Clark 49%-37%. He also leads Clark in Ohio (49%-42%), Florida (50%-38%), North Carolina (48%-42%), Virginia (47%-42%),  Colorado (47%-44%), Iowa (47%-45%), and Pennsylvania (46%-45%). Clark leads Watts in New Hampshire (48%-44%), New Mexico (47%-45%), and Michigan (46%-45%). Both candidates are tied in Wisconsin and Nevada. The survey also finds that President Joe Lieberman's approval rating remains steady at 37% as 54% of Americans disapprove of the President's job performance.

June 1, 2012 - Sources: Watts original list of 9 potential running-mates narrowed down to 6

WASHINGTON, DC - Several sources close to the presidential campaign of JC Watts and the Republican National Committee told the Wall Street Journal that Watts and his team had compiled a list of nine potential running-mates for the Former Oklahoma Congressman, but they had narrowed the list down to Former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney, Former Secretary of Commerce Steve Forbes, U.S. Senator Mike DeWine of Ohio, House Majority Leader Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee, Former Ambassador to the United Nations John Lehman, and Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee. The sources suggested that Watts told aides he wanted a running-mate who shared his values and didn't care about which state they reside in.

June 12, 2012 - McCain dodges endorsement question, Lieberman forced to issue statement in support of Clark

WASHINGTON, DC - On CBS News, Vice President John McCain, a former Republican who has served two-terms as a Democratic Vice President, appeared to dodge a question about whether he'd support Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark in the 2012 election. "I'll let the President speak to who he's supporting, I trust him and I trust the American people to make an informed decision," McCain said when asked about who he'd support. When pressed further, McCain stated that, "I respect both candidates and will let the American people decide who to support." Following McCain's appearance on CBS's "Face the Nation," President Joe Lieberman issues a press release, which stated that, "I support the Clark/Obama ticket and believe that Secretary Clark has the right experience to serve as commander-in-chief. I respect the Vice President and value his counsel and friendship."
BushKerry04

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2018, 09:46:03 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2018, 11:51:38 AM by BushKerry04 »

August 1, 2012 - BREAKING: Watts picks Romney for Vice President

"I am unapologetic in my conservative principles. I believe in free markets, minimal taxation and regulation, fiscal responsibility, a strong military, caring for our veterans, school choice, religious liberty, and the dignity of every human life. These values are the values of our party, and we must continue to bring our conservative message to places that haven't heard it in a long time. But while my values are a core part of who I am, I will be a President for all Americans. I believe that's what you want of me, and you, the American people, deserve nothing less. Tonight, I ask everyone in this hall and watching at home to join with me to bring a new day with renewed hope. The fact that the son of the first black police officer in Eufaula, Oklahoma is the Republican nominee for President of the United States is the first step towards that new day with renewed hope. There is much work to do, but I know that Americans can achieve anything they put their minds too. As a faith leader, member of Congress, and in the private sector, I have met people from all walks of life, from different places, and with different backgrounds. I have learned that each individual is unique. What makes this country so special is that we embrace the individual as an individual. Unfortunately, some in Washington D.C. want to change that. There are some who believe in more government and in what's best for the community, not the individual. As conservatives, we believe that what is best for the individual is ultimately best for the community. That is the choice in this election. My opponent believes in bigger government, I believe in you" - Former Congressman JC Watts (R-OK), Republican Presidential Nominee
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2018, 12:38:45 PM »

Why did both Obama and Clark accept the presidential nomination
Typo, I assume.
BushKerry04

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2018, 12:48:27 PM »

Why did both Obama and Clark accept the presidential nomination

Thank you for catching that, typo on my part!

October 4, 2012 - Watts, Clark debate domestic issues; Watts argues for flat tax, balanced budget as Clark emphasizes minimum wage, education

DENVER, CO - GOP Presidential Nominee JC Watts and Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark participated in the first of three presidential debates. The focus of the debate was primarily on domestic issues. Watts focused much of his attention on the economy, arguing that the policies of the Lieberman administration, particularly increased regulations, led the U.S. economy into recession. The Former Oklahoma Congressman continuously called for a 12% flat tax on individual and business income, a reversal of all Lieberman-era regulations, and a balanced federal budget. Watts slammed opponent Wesley Clark's support of what he characterized as "protectionist trade policies," an argument Clark disputed. Watts also claims that Clark's proposals will increase spending by $1 trillion and increase taxes by $700 billion. Clark focused more heavily on his proposals to increase the federal minimum wage and to overhaul the federal education policy. Clark has called for an increase in funding for college pell grants and for upgrading public university campuses, to eliminate standardized testing in favor of a greater focus on grades, to allow parents in underperforming school districts to deduct the cost of tutoring, a bill of rights for special needs students and funding for smaller class sizes for such students, and doubling funding for job training programs. Clark also was critical of the Watts tax plan, arguing it would increase the debt by $1.8 trillion and primarily benefit wealthy individuals and large corporations. Both men also had some heated exchanges on social issues. Watts said that he believed same-sex marriage and abortion were state issues, while Clark argued that Watts was "trying to hide his extreme and outdated views." A poll conducted following the debate found 48% of Americans believe Watts won, compared with 39% who said the same of Clark.

October 10, 2012 - Obama, Romney participate in Vice Presidential Debate

PHILADELPHIA, PA - Vice Presidential Nominees Barack Obama (D) and Mitt Romney (R) participated in the only vice presidential debate of the 2012 campaign season. Much like in the presidential debate, both men focused on areas each campaign was emphasizing; Romney on tax, regulatory, and fiscal policy and Obama on education, the minimum wage, and foreign affairs. Perhaps the most contentious moment of the night was when both men criticized each other's running-mates for backing policies that were similar to those of the past while increasing the national debt. Obama said that the Watts tax plan would increase the debt by $1.8 trillion, to which Romney responded that the plan was revenue neutral since it closes tax loopholes and deductions. Romney also argued that the Clark/Obama ticket would increase the debt by over $1 trillion and increase taxes by $700 billion. Obama acknowledged that the Clark/Obama plan would increase taxes by $700 billion by raising the top tax rate, but disputed that their domestic proposals would cost $1 trillion. A poll conducted following the debate found 42% of Americans believe Romney won the debate, compared with 41% who said the same of Obama.

October 20, 2012 - Clark, Watts participate in second presidential debate on foreign policy; both men endorse increased defense spending, Watts calls for less foreign intervention

RICHMOND, VA - Republican JC Watts and Democrat Wesley Clark participated in a foreign policy debate that was far less contentious than the first presidential debate. Both men endorsed an increase in defense spending; Watts said he supported President Lieberman's proposed 1.5% annual increase in defense spending, as Clark called for more defense spending to increase the size of the U.S. navy and for human intelligence operations. Both men agreed that eventually, no residual forces should be left in Afghanistan. One area of disagreement came on the concept of foreign interventions; Watts said he opposed the U.S. getting involved in regime change while Clark said sometimes regime change across the globe is in the interests of the U.S. Another area of disagreement between the two men was on trade; Watts called for increased free trade while Clark said existing free trade agreements need to be enforced to benefit the American worker before new ones should be negotiated. A poll following the debate found that 40% of Americans believe Clark won the debate, compared to 35% who said the same of Watts.

October 28, 2012 - Watts, Clark make their case in final presidential debate

"Eight years ago, Joe Lieberman promised us he'd bring us to a time where partisanship would be a thing of the past, where our economy prospered, and where our budgets were balanced. Eight years later, we know that these promises were little more than campaign rhetoric. Today, Americans are struggling as our economy has gone into recession and our wages have declined. Across America, I've spoken with parents who are concerned about putting food on the table, graduates who can't find jobs, senior citizens who are having a difficult time paying the rent, and workers who fear they'll have to settle for work that pays less than the job they lost. My opponent believes this is a time for third chances, but I believe it's a time for a new day with renewed hope for the future. As a faith leader, President Phil Gramm's strongest ally in Congress, and in the private sector, I have always done what I believe is right. I am unapologetic in my conservative values. I believe in free markets, a government that taxes, regulates, and spends less, religious liberty and the sanctity of every human life, and a strong national defense where we protect our interests here at home instead of policing the world. But while I am a proud conservative republican, I want to be a President for all Americans. As a nation, we have it in us to once again create jobs, see wages rise, help those who need it, and protect our country's national security interests. While I know there's a lot of pessimism in America today, I look forward to the future, a future with greater opportunity and liberty for every American. The fact that the first black police officer in Eufaula, Oklahoma is the Republican nominee for President of the United States is proof of all that America is and will be. I seek the presidency to help lead us to better times, and I humbly ask for your support in that effort" - JC Watts

"For my entire adult life, I've had to make tough decisions as a soldier, General, NATO Supreme Allied Commander, ans as Secretary of State. I've made these decisions by thinking things through, consulting with the right team, and using my own experience and judgement. There's a lot of uncertainty in our country and in the world, and I believe my skills, experience, and capacity to lead prepare me to serve in what is the most important job in the world. I don't seek the presidency for the title or prestige, I'm running to do what I've done for most of my adult life, to serve this country that has given so much to me and my generation. As you compare myself and my opponent, there's a few things I ask you to keep in mind. As you've heard tonight, my opponent doesn't believe in a woman's right to choose, greater access to health care, helping more students go to college, or combating the climate crisis. He has a tax plan that increases the national debt by nearly $2 trillion and spending proposals totaling $500 billion. I have a very different program for the American people. My plan invests in education, health care, and the environment while still balancing the budget and keeping taxes low on 98% of Americans. I will protect a woman's right to choose and won't outsource my principles to states. And I will ensure America continues to be a leader in international affairs. I'm not a Washington insider, I haven't spent my career as a politician, and I'm not from a wealthy family. I'm an American, and that distinction is more prestige than any money in the world could possibly buy. I got into this presidential race out of concern for our future. If we embrace trickle-down economics here at home and retreat from our leadership position globally, we'll see our standard of living here at home and across the globe decline. But if we stay true to our values, invest in our future, and continue to lead the world, we will secure a brighter future for ourselves and future generations" - Wesley Clark
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2018, 02:54:58 PM »

Lmao, I didn't consider that Obama and Romney debated each other in 2012 in both this universe and ours, just under extremely different circumstances
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2018, 06:29:15 PM »

this is great you got to keep going
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2018, 06:31:09 PM »

One of my favorite timelines! Go Watts!
BushKerry04

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2018, 08:30:35 PM »

One of my favorite timelines! Go Watts!

Thank you both very much, I really appreciate it!

November 6, 2012 - Watts defeats Clark by healthy margin; GOP keeps Congress

Popular Vote:
JC Watts / Mitt Romney (R) 55%
Wesley Clark / Barack Obama (D) 44%

Electoral College:
Watts 332
Clark 206

Exit Polls: Watts wins with the same coalition as Gramm, closes gap with females, black voters

By Ideology:
Conservative - Watts 93% Clark 6%
Moderate - Watts 52% Clark 47%
Liberal - Clark 85% Watts 14%

By Political Party:
Republican - Watts 93% Clark 6%
Independent - Watts 54% Clark 45%
Democratic - Clark 91% Watts 8%

By Race:
White - Watts 59% Clark 40%
Hispanic/Latino - Clark 61% Watts 38%
Black - Clark 65% Watts 34%
Asian - Clark 53% Watts 46%
Other - Clark 89% Watts 10%

By gender:
Male - Watts 55% Clark 44%
Female - Clark 54% Watts 45%

By Area:
Rural - Watts 56% Clark 43%
Suburban - Watts 55% Clark 44%
Urban - Clark 68% Watts 31%

By Region:
Northeast - Clark 55% Watts 44%
Midwest - Watts 53% Clark 46%
Rocky Mountains - Watts 80% Clark 19%
South - Watts 61% Clark 38%
Southwest - Watts 53% Clark 46%

By Income:
Under $40K - Clark 60% Watts 39%
$40K-$60K - Clark 57% Watts 42%
$60k-$85k - Watts 52% Clark 47%
$85K-$150K - Watts 56% Clark 43%
$150K-$500K - Watts 64% Clark 35%
$500K-$1 million - Watts 71% Clark 28%
Above $1 million - Watts 77% Clark 22%

By Most Important Issue:
Economy - Watts 60% Clark 39%
Debt - Watts 57% Clark 42%
National Security - Clark 62% Watts 37%
Health Care - Clark 55% Watts 44%
Illegal immigration - Watts 59% Clark 40%
Entitlement Programs - Watts 50% Clark 49%
Education - Clark 62% Watts 37$

Is the U.S. economy better, worse, or the same today than it was in 2000?
Better 5%
Worse: 55%
Same 38%

President Lieberman Approval
Approve: 37%
Disapprove: 52%

Candidate and running-mate favorability
JC Watts - 61% Favorable 28% Unfavorable
Wesley Clark - 55% Favorable 32% Unfavorable
Mitt Romney - 50% Favorable 38% Unfavorable
Barack Obama - 49% Favorable 39% Unfavorable

Candidate & Running-mate home state results:
Oklahoma - Watts 77% Clark 22%
Arkansas - Clark 49.8% Watts 49.7%
Massachusetts - Clark 57% Watts 42%
Illinois - Clark 60% Watts 39%

Swing-state results:
Colorado - Watts 53% Clark 46%
Florida - Watts 53% Clark 46%
Ohio - Watts 52% Clark 47%
Nevada - Watts 54% Clark 45%
Pennsylvania - Watts 51% Clark 48%
Michigan - Watts 50% Clark 49%
Wisconsin - Watts 49.8% Clark 49.7%
New Hampshire - Watts 51% Clark 48%
New Mexico - Clark 50% Watts 49%
Iowa - Watts 56% Clark 43%
North Carolina - Watts 57% Clark 42%
Virginia - Watts 52% Clark 47%

BushKerry04

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2018, 09:50:13 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2018, 09:51:47 PM by BushKerry04 »

January 20, 2013 - JC Watts sworn in as 45th President of the United States

WASHINGTON, DC - JC Watts took the oath of office as the 45th President of the United States as Mitt Romney was sworn-in as Vice President. Watts called for "renewed unity" and pledged to fight for the policies he put forth on the campaign trail. The President called on both parties to come together to help implement "pro-growth" policies to help get the U.S. out of recession. "Today, I call on all Republicans and Democrats in Congress to work together to re-embrace the free enterprise system that made our country the most prosperous the world has ever seen. Government taxes too much, spends and borrows too much, and regulates too much. The people of this country elected us to change that," Watts stated. The President also said made clear that he would be different than the previous administration on foreign policy. "The United States should not retreat from world affairs. We should work with our allies to facilitate trade between peaceful nations. We should protect our national security interests by ensuring our military is second to none. But make no mistake about it, I don't intend to be a President who engages in the failed foreign policy adventurism of the past," he stated. Watts also acknowledged the historic nature of his Presidency and of Mitt Romney's Vice Presidency. "Today, our country and the world are witness to the fulfillment of a dream once thought to be impossible. It was a dream that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and over 200,000 others marched for right here just five decades ago. It was a dream that Rosa Parks went to jail for. It was a dream that a Former Michigan Governor named George Romney believed in and fought for. And it was a dream that the first black police officer in Eufaula, Oklahoma believed in and strived for. For today, we see all that is good and possible in America. And after today, every parent of every ethnicity, race, religion, and income bracket can truly tell their child that in America, anything is possible if they work hard and play by the rules. But let me be clear. I am not here because I am black. Mitt Romney is not here because he is Mormon. We are here because our fathers, mothers, and countless others fought so we may be judged on the basis of who we are without regard to how we look or worship" Watts said.

The Watts Administration
Vice President Mitt Romney
Secretary of State Steve Forbes  
Secretary of the Treasury Peter Schiff
Secretary of Defense Peter W. Chiarelli
Attorney General Bruce Fein
Secretary of the Interior Matt Blunt  
Secretary of Agriculture Jim Nussle  
Secretary of Commerce Susan Wojcicki  
Secretary of Labor Joseph Berger  
Secretary of Health and Human Services Ron Williams
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Brian Gallagher
Secretary of Transportation Ulises E. Diaz
Secretary of Energy Lisa Su
Secretary of Education Andrew Campanella  
Secretary of Veterans Affairs George W. Bush
White House Chief of Staff Jim Jordan
United States Trade Representative Mel Martinez  
Director of National Intelligence Nikki Haley  
Ambassador to the United Nations Jim Kolbe  
Director of the Office of Management and Budget David Boaz  
Director of the Central Intelligence Agency Sean O'Keefe    
Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency Mary Fallin    
Administrator of the Small Business Administration David M. Overton

January 20, 2013 - Meet the leaders of both political parties

House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH)
House Majority Leader Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)
House Majority Whip Tom Cole (R-OK)
House Minority Leader Bill Pascrell (D-NJ)
House Minority Whip Shelia Jackson Lee (D-TX)
Senate Majority Leader John Thune (R-SD)
Senate Majority Whip Pat Roberts (R-KS)  
Senate Minority Leader Dick Durbin (D-IL)
Senate Minority Whip Patty Murray (D-WA)
RNC Chairwoman Sue Lowden
DNC Chairwoman Jennifer Granholm
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2018, 04:17:18 PM »

I'm ready for a Dem comeback in 2014 & 2016. Obama 2016!!!

Also, prediction: Watts won't last all four years. Don't know why, I just got an itching feeling something tragic will happen.....
BushKerry04

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2018, 10:51:22 PM »

I'm ready for a Dem comeback in 2014 & 2016. Obama 2016!!!

Also, prediction: Watts won't last all four years. Don't know why, I just got an itching feeling something tragic will happen.....

We shall see.....

Highlights of the Watts administration, January 20, 2013 - January 1, 2015

January 20, 2013 - Watts signs executive order rolling back all Lieberman-era economic regulations: President JC Watts signed an executive order rolling back all economic regulations implemented after January 1, 2005.
March 17, 2013 - Watts signs historic, compromise tax reform into law; replaces Gramm-era tax rates with lower rates, reduced corporate tax, and abolishes corporate loopholes President JC Watts passed historic tax reform into law with broad bipartisan support. The new law abolishes the federal income tax for those earning below $60,000 per year, reduces the current 15% tax bracket with a lower 12% bracket, and reduces the 30% bracket to 28%. Additionally, the law lowers the corporate tax rate from 20% to 15% and eliminates all corporate tax loopholes, except for on capital expenses. Unlike the Gramm tax reform, which kept in place tax deductions on health insurance and education, the Watts proposal abolishes those deductions on those in the new 28% bracket.
June 21, 2013 - President Watts announces full troop withdrawal from Afghanistan, the closure of 30 overseas military bases: President JC Watts announced that by the end of the year, all residual U.S. combat forces in Afghanistan will return home. Additionally, the President announced that 30 U.S. military bases overseas would close.
September 15, 2013 - Watts approves balanced budget amendment, states to ratify by 2018: President JC Watts signed into law a constitutional balanced budget amendment that states would have until 2018 to ratify. The legislation, passed primarily along party lines with 8 Senate and 27 House Democrats voting with Republicans, was the first of it's kind to receive a President's signature.
December 15, 2013 - President Watts signs legislation block-granting social services to states: President JC Watts signed into law legislation passed along party lines that block-grants funding for housing vouchers, food stamps, and other federal social services legislation into law. The legislation freezes several of the programs and eliminates scheduled increases in the programs.
February 10, 2014 - President Watts defies conservatives, signs The Toxic Waste Enforcement Act of 2014 into law: With support from 100 house and 15 senate Republicans, President JC Watts signed what's being called the strongest enforcement of the Clean Air & Water Act, granting Congress greater authority over enforcing the law. Under the legislation, the executive branch will direct the EPA and DOJ to double fines for releasing toxins into air and water and DOJ would have greater power over licensing for violations in certain industries. House Democratic Leader Bill Pascrell of New Jersey and Senate Democrat Barack Obama of Illinois expressed surprise that Watts signed the legislation, which they had written. Conservatives, led by Senate Republican Ted Cruz of Texas, voiced opposition to the legislation.
May 2, 2014 - President Watts signs the Free Trade Act of 2014 into law: President JC Watts paved the way for U.S. companies to trade freely with companies in nation's aligned with the U.S. by signing the Free Trade Act of 2014 into law. The legislation established a minimum 7.5% tariff on all exported goods, but gave companies the green light to increase trade, so long as the trade is with companies that are headquartered in nation's that are recognized as allies with the U.S. by the Department of State. The legislation, considered controversial, passed 53-47 in the U.S. senate and 235-200 in the House. The divide was more along geographical lines than partisan lines.
August 1, 2014 - With strong jobs report, Watts announces plans to scale back Lieberman-era credit rules: After a report showing that July 2014 had the strongest monthly job growth in seven years, President JC Watts announced that the loosening of credit would be scaled back gradually. President Joe Lieberman and Congress had passed legislation loosening credit in response to the recession.
November 4, 2014 - GOP maintains control of Congress, picks up 2 Senate, 8 House Seats: After January of 2015, Republicans have 258 Congressional Seats and 55 U.S. Senate seats after winning 2 U.S. Senate and 8 House Seats. Congressman Cory Gardner of Colorado defeated Incumbent Senator Mark Udall and Iowa State Senate President won the seat presently held by Retiring Senator Tom Harkin.

February 1, 2015 - Jim Doyle to seek 2016 Democratic Presidential Nomination

MILWAULKEE, WI - Former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Jim Doyle announced that he would run in the 2016 Democratic presidential primaries. "My candidacy is about helping those Americans who have been left behind by this administration's budget schemes," Doyle told supporters. The Former Governor of Wisconsin promised to restore cuts to farm subsidies, increase funding for social service programs the Watts administration froze, and repeal the Free Trade Act of 2014.

February 15, 2015 - Ed Pawlowski to run for President

ALLENTOWN, PA - Mayor of Allentown, Pennsylvania Ed Pawlowski announced that he would seek the Democratic Presidential Nomination in 2016. "This administration has declared war on the rust belt, and I'm here today to announce I'm going to run for President to provide this country with leadership that puts workers and those on the outskirts of poverty first," Pawlowski stated. The former community organizer called for protective tariffs, subsidies for cities to be able to redevelopment, more federal funding for anti-drug programs, and criminal justice reform.

April 2, 2015 - Jack Markell running for President

DOVER, DE - Governor of Delaware Jack Markell announced that he would seek the 2016 Democratic Presidential Nomination. "This administration has left millions of kids behind by freezing funding for higher education and health, they've completely ignored our infrastructure and even cut funding for Amtrak by over 30%, and they've given tax breaks to the very wealthy at the expense of working families. This is the Republican philosophy, we Democrats have to do better but sadly, Congressional Democrats haven't stood up to this President," Markell declared. The candidate called for increased infrastructure spending, universal community college, expanding SCHIP, and economic development grants to promote sustainable urban and rural planning.

June 5, 2015 - Richardson running for President

SANTA FE, NM - Former Governor of New Mexico Bill Richardson declared he'd run for President in the 2016 election. "America's leadership role in the world is in question, our education system is failing too many of our kids, and too much wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few wealthy people as our middle class shrinks. I have the experience and knowledge to take on the status-quo," Richardson declared. The former diplomat laid out several specific proposals focused primarily on the U.S. taking a leadership role in international affairs, raising the top income tax rate from 28% to 40%, and funding a new college fund entitlement program through a 8% wealth tax on incomes above $1 million.
BushKerry04

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2018, 12:31:10 PM »

July 1, 2015 - Survey: Watts approval remains high, Markell leads for '16 Dem nomination

WASHINGTON, DC - A CNN poll finds that President JC Watts' enjoys a 61% approval rating, with just 32% of Americans disapproving of the President's job performance. Watt's is also in a strong position headed into the 2016 campaign season, with 53% of Americans stating he deserves a second-term. In the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, Governor of Delaware Jack Markell leads the 2016 field with 32%, followed by Former Secretary of Agriculture Jim Doyle with 20%, Former Governor of New Mexico Bill Richardson with 8%, and Mayor of Allentown, Pennsylvania Ed Pawlowski with 6%. Markell leads in all of the early presidential primary states, while Richardson performs strongest in New Hampshire, where he only trails Markell 30%-25%.

August 25, 2015 - Democrats participate in first debate of '16 campaign cycle

"In Delaware, while this President has gutted funding for infrastructure, education, and health, we've invested more resources in those areas. We provided universal health coverage for every child in our state, doubled funding for infrastructure, and supported public-private partnerships to help more of our highest achieving students afford college and earn internship credits. President Watts believes in trickle-down economics, I believe in investing in our people as Bill Clinton did. The Republicans like to talk about the federal budget and tax rates, I'd prefer to talk about what's on the minds of the American people and solutions to problems like income inequality, lack of access to health care and education, and combating crime in our urban communities. I believe in solving problems, not playing politics" - Jack Markell

"I am proud to be the one person on this stage with foreign policy experience. President Phil Gramm reached across party lines and appointed me as Ambassador to Japan and President Joe Lieberman made me an Undersecretary of State for planning and development. What I've seen over the past four years is a departure from foreign policy orthodoxy. This President has engaged in the kind of isolationism that has been rejected by both political parties for over a century. We need to be a leader on security, human rights, combating the climate crisis, and facilitating trade that respects workers and fair labor standards. Let me be frank, I believe as the others on this stage do that we need to invest more in education, health care, and the environment. But if we only talk about domestic issues, we will lose this election. We need to discuss how America must restore it's position as a world leader, and I'm the candidate to do just that" - Bill Richardson

"When this administration guts credit rules that benefit small and medium-sized businesses as well as manufacturers, freezes housing vouchers that the working poor rely on, and keeps funding for job training programs flat, they ignore millions of Americans, particularly in the rust belt, and people in struggling communities across the country. I'm Mayor of a city that has been left behind. Fortunately, thanks to sound fiscal management and policies that help those suffering from addiction while cracking down on quality of life issues, our city has made a comeback. But places like Detroit, Flint, Cleveland, and Reading, Pennsylvania haven't and this administration has policies that will make it impossible for them to do so. Economic development and protecting the American worker is the key to broader economic growth and revitalization of our urban and rural communities" - Ed Pawlowski

"I'm running for President of the United States to rebuild America's middle class and to stop the Republican assault on social justice. I will repeal the Free Trade Act of 2014 that is little more than a license for the wealthiest corporations in America to take advantage of cheap foreign labor at the expense of the American worker. I'll also restore programs to help farmers make a stable income and restore cuts this President made to food stamps and the SCHIP program. On the social justice side, I will enforce Roe Vs. Wade and restore funding to Planned Parenthood so women in this country have greater access to health insurance and reproductive rights. I'm also the only candidate on this stage who will fight for a constitutional amendment to allow for same-sex couples to marry and enjoy the same rights as any heterosexual married couple. If you want a proven progressive to be our nominee and President, I'm your candidate" - Jim Doyle

October 5, 2015 - President Watts launches re-election campaign, wins endorsements from prominent national Democrats

PITTSBURGH, PA - Touting the lowest unemployment rate in eight years and the strongest GDP growth in a decade, a balanced federal budget, and a 28% reduction in U.S. carbon emissions, President JC Watts officially launched his re-election campaign at a campaign rally in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "Together, we have proven that we can stand tall for our conservative values, but also work across the aisle with Democrats on issues where there is common ground. We've put country before party, and I'm ready to lead our country in that spirit for four more years," The President stated. Watt's said that he wanted to return more programs to states, eliminate the Departments of Education and Energy, improve veteran's care, and invest more in infrastructure in a second term. Watts and Vice President Mitt Romney were introduced to the crowd by U.S. Senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania and Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker, who is serving as the President's campaign chair. What also came as a surprise to many was that four prominent national Democrats attended the event and endorsed Watts. Former U.S. Senator Evan Bayh of Indiana, Governor of Kentucky Steve Beshear, Former Governor of Virginia Douglas Wilder, and California Congressman Jim Costa all endorsed Watts after having supported Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark in 2012.

October 25, 2015 - Three Incumbent Democratic U.S. Senators from purple states defy party leadership, back Watts for re-election

WASHINGTON, DC - U.S. Senators Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Tom Udall (D-NM), and Mark Warner (D-VA) defied the leadership of the Democratic Party and endorsed President JC Watts for a second term. All touted Watts' reaching across the aisle on environmental protection, education, and veteran's issues. Shaheen also said that Watts agreed to work with her on equal pay for equal work.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2018, 12:50:33 PM »

A little bipartisanship... I like it!
BushKerry04

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2018, 03:08:17 PM »

A little bipartisanship... I like it!

Novel concept, I know lol....

December 2, 2015 - Markell, Richardson roll out historically small list of endorsements, party elders stay neutral

WASHINGTON, DC - Democratic Presidential Hopefuls Governor of Delaware Jack Markell and Former Governor of New Mexico Bill Richardson rolled out a list of endorsements that seem historically light according to political analysis. Outside of his home state of Delaware, Markell has struggled to get elected officials to endorse him. He does have the support of every statewide Democratic elected official in Delaware, Governors Jerry Brown of California, Dan Malloy of Connecticut, and Terry McAuliffe of Virginia as well as U.S. Senators Diane Feinstein of California, Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, and Patrick Leahy of Vermont in addition to a 20 Congressional Democrats, primarily from northeastern states. Former New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson has done slightly better with Democratic Governors; he's been endorsed by Minnesota's Mark Dayton, New York's Andrew Cuomo, Oregon's Kate Brown, Vermont's Peter Shumlin, and Ricardo Rosselló of Puerto Rico. Richardson also has the support of U.S. Senators Martin Heinrich of New Mexico and Robert Menendez of New Jersey. Additionally, Richardson has the support of Former Vice President Al Gore, Former Secretary of Defense William Cohen, and Former U.S. Secretary of State Wesley Clark, the 2012 Democratic Presidential Nominee. Most party elders have stayed neutral in the Democratic contest.

December 10, 2015 - TV Ads running in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

"Foreign policy"
BILL RICHARDSON: I'm Bill Richardson, Democrat running for President, and I ask for your support because we Democrats need to show stark contrast with President Watts. This administration believes that the United States shouldn't be a leader in international affairs. I hold a very different view. That's why as commander-in-chief, I'll invest in our defenses, help end genocide across the globe, facilitate trade that is fair to American workers, and combat the climate crisis with our allies. Across the globe, people are relying on us to do what's right and just in this world. I don't believe we can afford to let ourselves and our allies down. I'm Bill Richardson and I approve this message because we Democrats can win on foreign policy in this election.

"Role model"
NARRATOR: Delaware's been hailed as a role model for progressives across the country. Governor Jack Markell has been hailed as "a generational voice for change in the Democratic Party and America." The New York Times says Markell's investments in infrastructure and education should be celebrated. Now Jack Markell is running for President, to index the minimum wage to inflation, restore cuts to AMTRAK and public transportation programs, and to fund community colleges and health care for our kids.
JACK MARKELL: I'm Jack Markell and I approved this message because it's time for a President who looks out for you.

"Forgotten"
Narrator: He's fought for forgotten Americans in Chicago and Allentown, Pennsylvania. He's running for President to stop JC Watts from destroying the rust belt and heartland of America. He's Ed Pawlowski, a community organizer, community developer, and Mayor of a city making a comeback after decades of neglect. He's taken on crime, fiscal mismanagement, and the status-quo. While politicians in Washington talk, Ed Pawlowski has delivered. Ed Pawlowski for President. A trusted voice for change.
ED PAWLOWSKI: I'm Ed Pawlowski and I approved this message.

"Farmers"
NARRATOR: Farmers in Iowa and New Hampshire are struggling because JC Watts cut the farm income stabilization program by more than 60%. Watts even eliminated crop insurance assistance and underfunded the food stamp program by billions of dollars. Only one candidate for President has addressed the needs of the American farmer. Jim Doyle, a Former Secretary of Agriculture who doubled the farm income stabilization program. The Governor of Wisconsin who cut taxes for family farmers and help farmers keep their land during tough times.
JIM DOYLE: I'm Jim Doyle and I authorized this ad because it's been too long since a candidate for President has had a farm policy. I'm listening to you, and I'll continue to do so as President.

"Bipartisan"
NARRATOR: Republicans and Democrats agree. President Watts is a leader who transcends partisan politics for the national interest. The conservative National Review says "Watt's economic philosophy has embraced individual liberty and free markets arguably more so than any President in recent history," yet the progressive New York Times states that, "While Democrats can't always agree with Watts, one can't argue that he's been stronger than many Democratic administration's on the environment and education." The Watts record. Over 7 million new jobs, the lowest unemployment in 9 years, two balanced budgets, taxes cut, air and water cleaner than ever, and the highest high school graduation rate in U.S. history.
JC WATTS: I'm President Watts, and I approved this message. 
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2018, 03:50:58 PM »

I wanna see Trump run as a Democrat
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2018, 05:42:43 PM »

Oh, I know what'll happen. No high-profile Dems run since they assume Watts will cruise to reelection, but then something catastrophic happens and these C-list candidates are suddenly poised as if they could actually win the presidency.

Either that, or Trump.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies