Who or what Hillary has blamed for her loss. So far.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:59:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who or what Hillary has blamed for her loss. So far.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Who or what Hillary has blamed for her loss. So far.  (Read 762 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:29:57 PM »

Here's a list Hillary has blamed for her loss, so far.

Anything or anybody to add anyone?

Please discuss.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-01/heres-complete-list-everyone-everything-hillary-has-blamed-her-loss
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 06:35:26 PM »

Winfield, what do you blame for Mitt Romney's loss in 2012?  Too many voters turned out to be closeted homosexuals?:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=79279.msg1632707#msg1632707

Smiley
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 06:43:42 PM »

Winfield, what do you blame for Mitt Romney's loss in 2012?  Too many voters turned out to be closeted homosexuals?:

Smiley

OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You just got served with the receipts!

BTW: Shes right on every count in one way or another.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »

Smiley

Well, I have to say, I am absolutely flattered that you would go back into the archives, dust them off, to find a quote of mine from ancient history.

You will, of course, notice that quote is from the 2008 election.

For 2012, I have never made any excuses for Romney losing the election.

I did say, at some point in the 2012 campaign, that Romney would not win as he tends to be a gaffe machine.  So I found Romney himself to be his own worst enemy on the campaign trail, and more  responsible than anyone else for his loss.

Smiley

But I still believe that Romney would have been a great President.

However, this discussion in this thread is about Hillary, not Mitt.

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 06:56:46 PM »

I challenge you to refute each of these.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 06:58:05 PM »

I think Mitt would have made a fine enough president.  No doubt he'd be 100x better than the trash we currently have.

The same can be said of Hillary.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 07:00:47 PM »

Smiley

Ouch !
Winfield, you just got owned by Mr Morden.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 07:20:52 PM »

There's a difference between identifying factors that contributed to the loss and 'blaming' others. As it happens Hillary is indisputably correct that all these factors contributed to her defeat
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 07:45:17 PM »

That's not really a complete list.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 07:55:39 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2017, 10:12:35 AM by Lincoln Republican »

Clinton campaign ignored Bill’s advice and felt white working class voters weren’t worth the time.

Herein lies the real reason Hillary lost.  

She ignored white working class voters, took them for granted in key states, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin.

Trump acknowledged their plight and said he would take action.

Hillary's own vanity and pride was her downfall.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/11/13/losers-clinton-campaign-ignored-bills-advice-and-felt-white-working-class-voters-werent-worth-the-time-n2245095
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 08:17:13 PM »

Yeah yeah we get it, Hillary committed all 7 deadly sins on the campaign trail yada yada
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 05:11:29 AM »

Barack Obama and Joe Biden?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 09:20:54 AM »

Smiley

Well, I have to say, I am absolutely flattered that you would go back into the archives, dust them off, to find a quote of mine from ancient history.

I did say, at some point in the 2012 campaign, that Romney would not win as he tends to be a gaffe machine.  So I found Romney himself to be his own worst enemy on the campaign trail, and more  responsible than anyone else for his loss.

Smiley

Winfield, are you just a closet homosexual frustrated by your insecurity over your sexuality and attempting to sound macho by lashing out at Mr. Morden?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 10:44:09 AM »

Correct.  She didn't blame herself.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 12:33:56 AM »

Smiley

Smiley

Winfield, are you just a closet homosexual frustrated by your insecurity over your sexuality and attempting to sound macho by lashing out at Mr. Morden?

Jerry public Winstead it's easy to decipher Winfield's post if you imagine him wearing a monocle. In this instance I hear him periodically shrieking at Mr. morden " oh, listen to her!"
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 01:51:39 AM »

Clinton supporter actor George Clooney blames Clinton's "frustrating" speeches for her loss.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/09/24/hillary-clinton-blames-many-things-for-her-loss-george-clooney-blames-her-frustrating-speeches/
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 05:45:09 AM »

Hillary would have won had it not been for her persona.  That, and the fact that her campaign was one where her candidacy was forced on the Democratic Party; the decks were cleared, and folks didn't have a choice until Bernie (who isn't really a Democrat) stepped in.

She's not likable.  No one likes here.  She's not admirable.  She's someone who'd be one of a number of run-of-the-mill political figures were she not married to Bill.  She's nakedly ambitious.  Unlike Trump, she's a phony about this.  Hillary Clinton should take 2016 very personally; the voters personally rejected HER.  That hurts, but she only has herself to blame.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 06:29:44 AM »

I stand my my opinion Hillary still would've won if she only ran a better campaign, especially not taking things for granted. It was her race to lose until last days and with better approach things like Comey wouldn't have swung the race.

Whatever we say about what Trump policies represents (and I abhor his policies), he played every card right. Still, he could've been stopped easily.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 05:35:22 PM »

She's also blamed Sanders, Biden, and the third party candidates.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 06:17:27 PM »

I challenge the Trump Administration to stop whining about an election they WON and actually act like a government instead of a reality TV show.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 07:33:59 PM »

Hillary Clinton should take 2016 very personally; the voters personally rejected HER.

Well, the voters actually rejected Donald Trump and chose Hillary Clinton be president. Devastatingly, a fluke of the system overturned the voice of the voters and installed him anyway.

I doubt it's much comfort to Hillary, but it would be much worse of a personal insult if America had actually wanted Trump to be president instead of her.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 07:37:26 PM »

Clinton campaign ignored Bill’s advice and felt white working class voters weren’t worth the time.

She ignored white working class voters, took them for granted in key states, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/11/13/losers-clinton-campaign-ignored-bills-advice-and-felt-white-working-class-voters-werent-worth-the-time-n2245095

The vain, prideful people are the pampered, fickle voters in the Rust Belt who got their fee-fees hurt by Hillary not campaigning in their town (as she, along with Trump, did not for well over 90% of Americans) and spitefully decided not to vote for her. Nobody needs a personal visit to find out about candidates in 2016, and those of us who don't have #SwingStatePrivilege somehow manage to make a non-petty choice every 4 years anyway.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2017, 07:48:48 PM »

The vain, prideful people are the pampered, fickle voters in the Rust Belt who got their fee-fees hurt by Hillary not campaigning in their town (as she, along with Trump, did not for well over 90% of Americans) and spitefully decided not to vote for her. Nobody needs a personal visit to find out about candidates in 2016, and those of us who don't have #SwingStatePrivilege somehow manage to make a non-petty choice every 4 years anyway.
Darn those voters for choosing a man who actually spoke to them and their concerns and didn't take them for granted. To argue that the average rust belt voter, the people hammered after years of big-government policies, should have sucked it up, and gone along with the anointment of Queen Hillary, is frankly ludicrous. It wasn't just that she didn't campaign in their towns; it was that she ignored them and the issues important to them.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 08:08:30 PM »

Darn those voters for choosing a man who actually spoke to them and their concerns and didn't take them for granted. To argue that the average rust belt voter, the people hammered after years of big-government policies, should have sucked it up, and gone along with the anointment of Queen Hillary, is frankly ludicrous. It wasn't just that she didn't campaign in their towns; it was that she ignored them and the issues important to them.

According to our resident "progressive" Hillaryhaters, it's because she didn't campaign in their towns.

I have no problem with someone who actually thought Trump would be a better president voting for him. I have a HUGE problem with someone who wanted Hillary to win but couldn't be bothered to actually go vote for her because reasons.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 10:57:38 PM »

The voters didn't chose Trump by a margin of almost 3 million. Just a reminder.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies