SB 2017-133: Regulations for Sex Work in Atlasia Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:12:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2017-133: Regulations for Sex Work in Atlasia Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2017-133: Regulations for Sex Work in Atlasia Act (Passed)  (Read 1461 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: October 02, 2017, 02:45:12 PM »

My qualms about this bill are practical rather than moral. Under this law, a licensed sex worked will have to overcome quite a few bureaucratic hurdles; they will have to reapply for a license every 90 days, undergo frequent documented STI tests and be required to be pedantic bookkeepers as all of their transactions will be taxed.

I'm not sure if the bureaucratization of sex work will have its desired effects; the sheer amount of testing, documenting and the taxes which will be levied could deter many sex workers from seeking legal recognition of their jobs.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »

My qualms about this bill are practical rather than moral. Under this law, a licensed sex worked will have to overcome quite a few bureaucratic hurdles; they will have to reapply for a license every 90 days, undergo frequent documented STI tests and be required to be pedantic bookkeepers as all of their transactions will be taxed.

I'm not sure if the bureaucratization of sex work will have its desired effects; the sheer amount of testing, documenting and the taxes which will be levied could deter many sex workers from seeking legal recognition of their jobs.

I see what you're saying. Would you prefer less frequent tests or some other kind of set up?

Regular STI testing is necessary but fewer tests would certainly be a step in the right direction when it comes to prevent too much bureaucratization.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 04:12:02 PM »

As far as the testing frequency, what interval would people prefer?

How about 180 rather than 90 days? Or at least 120?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 04:41:59 AM »

I'm going to put forward an amendment on Section 2, then:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In order to debureaucratize (I hope this is an actual English word) the bill, I've changed all of the 90-day periods to 180-day periods. Penalties for not taking an STI test or failing to provide at least one form of contraception have been raised accordingly.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 01:56:55 PM »

Abstain
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies