49ers have the most Democratic fan base in the NFL, Buccaneers the most Repub
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:47:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  49ers have the most Democratic fan base in the NFL, Buccaneers the most Repub
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 49ers have the most Democratic fan base in the NFL, Buccaneers the most Repub  (Read 665 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2017, 09:27:49 PM »
« edited: October 02, 2017, 09:44:26 PM by nclib »

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/poll-49ers-have-the-most-liberal-fan-base-buccaneers-the-most-conservative/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-every-nfl-teams-fans-lean-politically/?curator=SportsREDEF

I changed the title of this thread because they are measuring partisanship not ideology.

Interesting that the Patriots had a more Republican than average fan base.

Top 5 Dem

San Fran
Detroit
N.Y. Giants
Baltimore
Seattle

Top 5 Rep

Tampa Bay
Houston
Dallas
Jacksonville
Buffalo

I know we have a thread on this, but I'm not sure where it is. Also, the NFL fan base overall is more bipartisan and Democratic than I would have thought.

Edit: Mods this may go better in the Off Topic Board if you want.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 08:32:02 AM »

Baltimore being that Dem surprises me considering a lot of Ravens fans come from the blood red suburban counties
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 11:17:31 AM »

Baltimore being that Dem surprises me considering a lot of Ravens fans come from the blood red suburban counties
I feel like that might be because the Ravens are a relatively new team as compared to the Redskins, many people in Red Maryland are probably skins fans or even Eagles fans in the NE and Steelers fans in the west
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 05:17:04 PM »

I imagine each fan base would be a few points to the right if the NFL weren't so polarizing (especially in polls, though I suspect that a lot of Republicans might be lying to the pollsters about not watching right now) right now because of the protests.  The relative order is interesting, but Tampa being the most Republican honestly makes little sense (you would expect relatively small fanbases in conservative areas to be the most- I would guess either Jacksonville, Tennessee, or Houston).  But, you might have some people who still consider themselves Democrats but who would never vote for one in these areas.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 05:40:31 PM »

Though this is only taking into account the fan base of each team(basically fans who live in the same city , or a close enough city to where the team is located), and doesnt take into account NFL fans who dont live in a city which has a team.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies