"Pro-life" Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA-18) urged mistress to get an abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:42:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  "Pro-life" Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA-18) urged mistress to get an abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Pro-life" Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA-18) urged mistress to get an abortion  (Read 6031 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 03, 2017, 06:05:29 PM »

Disgraceful. He should resign (he won't, ofc). I hope he loses.

I don't talk about abortion much, but I've stated before many times that I'm pro-life and this is unacceptable to me.

Same goes w/ DesJarlais who I have passionately opposed for years.

How can you look yourself in the mirror and say that you are pro-life and do try to pressure a woman to abort? Disgusting on so many levels.

From the other thread.

People like this a-hole and DesJarlais are why people lose faith in the system. He is an immoral fraud and needs to be primaried.

Completely agree.  But I would still rather a terrible person who will vote pro-life than someone who would have no qualms with abortion in any respect.  Hopefully a genuine conservative can primary him!!

I have a question – and please humor me for a moment – do you support charging women who get an abortion with aggravated murder and treating it as a capital crime?

I can't speak for ER, but I can speak for me:

No, I do not. No mainstream Pro-Life or Anti-Abortion group supports this and nor should they. The unborn are the biggest victims of abortion, but not the only ones. Women who have abortions are also victims and treating them like criminals is counterproductive and will not do anything.

Abortionists, though, I think should be convicted of a felony in a scenario where abortion is banned.

Should abortionists face the death penalty under such a scenario?

In Gosnell-style situations, yes.

While I am a supporter of the death penalty, I have, for at least the last 3-4 years, supported limiting it to only extremely severe cases. Using death penalty in excess for any crime, I think, sets room for human error in terms of sentencing innocent people.

I'm curious what your birth control thoughts are. It has been clear for years that better BC access has dramatically cut the abortion rate in the United States over the last decade.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 07:03:11 PM »

Disgraceful. He should resign (he won't, ofc). I hope he loses.

I don't talk about abortion much, but I've stated before many times that I'm pro-life and this is unacceptable to me.

Same goes w/ DesJarlais who I have passionately opposed for years.

How can you look yourself in the mirror and say that you are pro-life and do try to pressure a woman to abort? Disgusting on so many levels.

From the other thread.

People like this a-hole and DesJarlais are why people lose faith in the system. He is an immoral fraud and needs to be primaried.

Completely agree.  But I would still rather a terrible person who will vote pro-life than someone who would have no qualms with abortion in any respect.  Hopefully a genuine conservative can primary him!!

I have a question – and please humor me for a moment – do you support charging women who get an abortion with aggravated murder and treating it as a capital crime?

I can't speak for ER, but I can speak for me:

No, I do not. No mainstream Pro-Life or Anti-Abortion group supports this and nor should they. The unborn are the biggest victims of abortion, but not the only ones. Women who have abortions are also victims and treating them like criminals is counterproductive and will not do anything.

Abortionists, though, I think should be convicted of a felony in a scenario where abortion is banned.

Should abortionists face the death penalty under such a scenario?

In Gosnell-style situations, yes.

While I am a supporter of the death penalty, I have, for at least the last 3-4 years, supported limiting it to only extremely severe cases. Using death penalty in excess for any crime, I think, sets room for human error in terms of sentencing innocent people.

I'm curious what your birth control thoughts are. It has been clear for years that better BC access has dramatically cut the abortion rate in the United States over the last decade.

I am pro-birth control (but am strongly against the abortion pill). Birth control is a safe way (along w/ condoms, ofc) to have sex.

I don't think abstinence works unless people are willingly abstinent. So, promoting safe sex is a net positive, I think.

Also important to note: While I am opposed to abortion from a Jewish angle (Orthodox Jewish angle, not reform or conservative lol), I am mainly against it from a non-religious/humanitarian point of view.

And I think this is why my views on birth control are different from some other pro-lifers.

Contrary to popular belief, Plan B is not an abortion pill - it prevents fertilization. Useless against a fertilized ovum
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:35:59 PM »

Adios scumbag!

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 02:37:32 PM »

Fetterman is my man but Braddock is in the 14th and he generally seems more interested in another Senate run in 2022.

One does not preclude the other. Fetterman would be a massive recruiting coup, and I suspect one of the few Dems who could win this seat
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 05:31:10 PM »

I guess he aborted his career by not carrying his term to term

(I'll see myself out)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies