"Pro-life" Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA-18) urged mistress to get an abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:34:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  "Pro-life" Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA-18) urged mistress to get an abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Pro-life" Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA-18) urged mistress to get an abortion  (Read 6059 times)
UncleSam

« on: October 03, 2017, 06:08:28 PM »

Idk why you think it is partisan hypocrisy to prefer a Republican who believes one thing and votes the other way - it makes every bit as much sense as the Democrats who want to keep Menendez, at least for the time being.

Ultimately if people hold conservative or liberal beliefs the hypocrisy or moral failings of a candidate are irrelevant, so long as the votes back up their preferences. It is not wrong for a conservative to prefer keeping Murphy vs electing a Democrat.

With that being said I do think this sheds a lot of light on the average GOP congressman - how many of them probably understand (I refuse to say 'believe') global warming or actually think tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans will help the poor? My guess is Murphy is far from the only politician (on both sides of the aisle) who cares more about being in power than what he does with it.

Anyway my best guess is he will get primaried over this, if there is one issue Republican base voters hold no quarter over it is abortion. The district is so heavily R I doubt even a moderate or conservative Democrat could flip it but the red avatars can dream, I suppose.
UncleSam

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 09:45:09 PM »

Damn lol Murphy sounds like Kevin Spacey in Horrible Bosses in that memo
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies