The "S" in Harry S Truman (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:33:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  The "S" in Harry S Truman (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The "S" in Harry S Truman  (Read 8169 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: April 30, 2004, 07:54:45 PM »

President Grants name was not Ulysses S. Grant.  His birth name was Hiram Ulysses Grant.  The name change occured when Grant applied to west point.  His recomendation came from Representative Thomas Hamer who erroneously declared his name to be Ulysses Simpson Grant.  Grant found that he prefered the name and stuck with it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 07:56:40 PM »

Gerald Ford's birth name was Leslie Lynch King Jr.  He changed it to Gerald Rudolph Ford Jr. when he was adopted by his step-father.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 03:06:47 PM »

Bill Clinton was originally William Jefferson Blythe IV before his mom remarried when he was young and his last name was changed to Clinton.

I forgot about that.  His real father died face down in a ditch.  He drown in an ich of rain water.  What a way to go.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 03:08:14 PM »

Bill Clinton was originally William Jefferson Blythe IV before his mom remarried when he was young and his last name was changed to Clinton.

I forgot about that.  His real father died face down in a ditch.  He drown in an ich of rain water.  What a way to go.

Hell of a shame.  Maybe President Blythe would have been a decent guy.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2004, 04:07:15 PM »

The reason that he drowned was because his motorcycle crashed, and he landed face down in the water, unconscious.

I thought that it was his car.  He had a blowout and the car fliped while he was rounding a corner.  Either way, he have survied with barely a scratch if he hadn't landed in the ditch.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2004, 05:00:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure it was a motorcycle, from which one would be more likely to be thrown into a ditch, of course. But yeah, pretty unlucky on his part...

The Complete Book of U.S. Presidents says it was a car.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies