The most depressing political scene in Europe (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:26:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The most depressing political scene in Europe (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which one (Russia, Belarus, Turkey etc. excluded)
Italy

Romania

Belgium

Greece

Poland

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: The most depressing political scene in Europe  (Read 1861 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: October 12, 2017, 04:59:44 PM »

I know this make break the consensus, but I would say UK due to Labour's strength.  I have nothing against social democratic parties winning, but Corbyn is much more of your hard left like SYRIZA in Greece, Podemos in Spain, Left Front in France and as we saw in Latin America the hard left can be quite dangerous and destabilizing if they win.  SYRIZA winning in Greece was largely ignored as Greece is a basket case, but I feel a Corbyn win could embolden social democratic parties (which are struggling in much of Europe) to take a sharp turn to the left.  Also Left-Green Movement in Iceland is worrisome too.  I believe both the hard left and hard right are bad and it would best if they were much weaker.  The centre may have its issues but generally centre-left to centre-right works best in the long run.  Interestingly enough Steve Bannon predicted centrist politics was dead and that the future is Corbyn like politics on the left and Trump like on the right with the traditional social democratic and moderate conservative withering away, so lets hope he is wrong on this count.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies