Opinion of Bill Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Bill Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of Bill Clinton
HP
FF
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of Bill Clinton  (Read 2302 times)
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2017, 09:04:16 PM »
« edited: October 04, 2017, 09:13:20 PM by bruhgmger2 »

HP
A) Sexual predator
B) I'm not in the businesses of praising the man who """""reformed""""" welfare.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2017, 09:11:29 PM by Old School Republican »

If we are judging him only based on his politics , then FF for sure. If we are judging him only on that basis he is the best Center Left world leader in at least in the past 50 years.

If we are judging him on how good of a person he was then an HP , as while I dont believe the accusations the far right throws at him , he has still committed Adultery multiple times so that makes him an HP.

Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 09:11:26 PM »

If we are judging him only based on his politics , then FF for sure. If we are judging him only on that basis he is the best Center Left world leader at least in the past 50 years.

If we are judging him on how good of a person he was
lolno
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 09:12:07 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2017, 09:18:53 PM by Old School Republican »

If we are judging him only based on his politics , then FF for sure. If we are judging him only on that basis he is the best Center Left world leader at least in the past 50 years.

If we are judging him on how good of a person he was
lolno

ok lets fix that to a leader from a center left party .
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 09:19:38 PM »

Lean HP as a person (he did wrong for sure, but the allegations the right threw at him are down right lies), lean FF as a politician (although some of his policies/actions were a bit too conservative for my tastes). All in all, he's still in my top 5 or 6 as far as Post WWII Presidents are concerned.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 09:35:00 PM »

If we are judging him only based on his politics , then FF for sure. If we are judging him only on that basis he is the best Center Left world leader in at least in the past 50 years.

If we are judging him on how good of a person he was then an HP , as while I dont believe the accusations the far right throws at him , he has still committed Adultery multiple times so that makes him an HP.

Good to know that I and many Democrats are considered far-right because of the facts.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »

The same as my opinion of Ted Bundy.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 09:43:34 PM »

Good to know that I and many Democrats are considered far-right because of the facts.

If they were true , Kenn Starr would have gone after him on those accusations .  Also the far right  also made up many more scandals such as Vince Foster, White Water , and etc.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 09:46:43 PM »

If they were true , Kenn Starr would have gone after him on those accusations .  Also the far right  also made up many more scandals such as Vince Foster, White Water , and etc.

Starr was an arrogant idiot who thought himself smart. And no one is more annoying or more incompetent than a dumb person who believes themselves to be a genius.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 09:48:30 PM »

Policies - FF
Person - HP
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 01:44:52 AM »

FF
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 02:20:15 AM »

FF. Sorry, I don't believe the worst of the accusations against him and while adultery is immoral, it's not enough to make me think of him as an HP.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 02:46:13 AM »

Horrible policies.

Great person.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 08:52:58 AM »

Disgusting rapist.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 09:37:13 AM »

HP as a person but also HP for his work in destroying the Democratic Party and creating a new party not based on left economics but one based on social liberalism and moderation.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 10:01:28 AM »

HP
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 10:05:30 AM »

Probably one of the best pure politicians there was but a major HP
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 10:08:11 AM »

FF. Sorry, I don't believe the worst of the accusations against him and while adultery is immoral, it's not enough to make me think of him as an HP.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 12:19:30 PM »

White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 12:41:42 PM »

HP as a person but also HP for his work in destroying the Democratic Party and creating a new party not based on left economics but one based on social liberalism and moderation.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 02:27:14 PM »

I'll never understand his decision to sign a law incentivising abstinence-only sex ed while vetoing a ban on partial-birth abortion. He gave in to the Religious Right on an issue in which most people don't agree with them yet stood up to them on an issue that was very important to them.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2017, 02:43:05 AM »

HP as a person although most of this stuff the far-right says about him isn't true.

As far as politics, post-1994 he was a great Republican president. He did all the stuff well that many Republicans claim when they're out of power that'll they do such as balancing the budget, and growing the economy (which had more to do with the tech boom), and never actually do when elected. In 1996, he prided himself on reducing the size of government, pandered to socially conservative parents by supporting school uniforms as well as the War on Drugs, and ran away from liberalism. His laundry list of bad things include block granting welfare, deregulating wall street (which of course helped trigger the Great Recession), Crime Bill, brought back the death penalty, NAFTA, and arguably assault weapons ban. Pre-1994, he did some good stuff however, like raising taxes on the wealthy, Brady Bill, and the last major voting rights legislation, and unpaid medical leave. Childrens health insurance program was good post-1994 and overall wasn't bad on foreign policy, at least compared to his successors. And yet he was arguably the most liberal one could get during that era - the stagflation of the late 70s and rise of culture wars made the democratic brand toxic. Honestly I'd say FF if it wasn't for Welfare reform and repeal of Glass-Steagall, but since those two, and especially the latter were so bad, I'd say HP.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 07:47:04 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2017, 07:52:32 AM by darklordoftech »

As far as politics, post-1994 he was a great Republican president. He did all the stuff well that many Republicans claim when they're out of power that'll they do such as balancing the budget, and growing the economy (which had more to do with the tech boom), and never actually do when elected. In 1996, he prided himself on reducing the size of government, pandered to socially conservative parents by supporting school uniforms as well as the War on Drugs, and ran away from liberalism. His laundry list of bad things include block granting welfare, deregulating wall street (which of course helped trigger the Great Recession), Crime Bill, brought back the death penalty, NAFTA, and arguably assault weapons ban. Pre-1994, he did some good stuff however, like raising taxes on the wealthy, Brady Bill, and the last major voting rights legislation, and unpaid medical leave. Childrens health insurance program was good post-1994 and overall wasn't bad on foreign policy, at least compared to his successors. And yet he was arguably the most liberal one could get during that era - the stagflation of the late 70s and rise of culture wars made the democratic brand toxic. Honestly I'd say FF if it wasn't for Welfare reform and repeal of Glass-Steagall, but since those two, and especially the latter were so bad, I'd say HP.
Dubya's embrace of Medicare Part D, No Child Left Behind, and the Assault Weapons Ban elimimated some of the differences between Clinton and the GOP, making Clinton look like a Republican.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2017, 03:15:17 PM »

His Presidency was defined by disgusting scandals, disgusting policies, disgusting political pandering, disgusting transformation of the Democratic Party into a "respectable" center-right party at the elite levels, disgusting levels of chaos and disorganization in the White House, and disgusting courting of super-wealthy pricks.

A thoroughly disgusting human being who was (and still is) responsible for so much of the overall origins of the current problems in the Democratic Party.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 03:16:39 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies