Election 2016 with the Akin and Mourdock Gaffes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:47:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2016 with the Akin and Mourdock Gaffes
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election 2016 with the Akin and Mourdock Gaffes  (Read 542 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2017, 10:23:20 PM »

Just as the title says.  It's still Trump vs. Hillary.  Trump still says grab 'em by the pussy, beat the crap out of protesters, taco bowls mean I love Latinos, etc. 

However, there's a twist in this alternate universe: Akin and Mourdock are the nominees for the US Senate in MO and IN, respectively, as opposed to 2012.  They make their abortion gaffes in the same way they did back then.

How does this impact the race, especially with a woman on the top of the ticket?  Also, how does it impact the other downballots?

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 04:12:36 PM »

I think Koster, Kander, Gregg, and Bayh win. Indianapolis, and Saint Louis and Kansas City, respectively, would swing Democratic quite a bit. I think Curtis Hill might end up as the only statewide Republican officer in either state.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 10:34:40 PM »

I think Koster, Kander, Gregg, and Bayh win. Indianapolis, and Saint Louis and Kansas City, respectively, would swing Democratic quite a bit. I think Curtis Hill might end up as the only statewide Republican officer in either state.
Interesting.  How do you think Toomey, Ayotte, Burr, Rubio, Isakson, Portman, Kirk, Heck, and (Ron) Johnson do?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 11:06:51 PM »

Interesting.  How do you think Toomey, Ayotte, Burr, Rubio, Isakson, Portman, Kirk, Heck, and (Ron) Johnson do?

rojo
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 04:20:30 PM »

Might help liberal women turnout in MI, perhaps enough to flip the seesawing state. WI and PA will be put in play and could flip, but I'm skeptical. If Access Hollywood couldn't bring down Trump in the end, why would a couple loser senate candidates?

Democrats will win IN-SEN and MO-SEN, tying the senate. Mike Pence has to act as a tiebreaker, making the GOP position less dominate.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 05:43:13 PM »

... It wouldn't affect them, except for maybe Kirk. The polls would go down for the Senate GOP for a couple weeks, but nothing permanent. However, if Kirk is shown to be losing by twenty in several polls during that time, and only one or two polls are taken afterwards, then I could see turnout going down and Duckworth cutting back on advertisements and funds as the DCCC focuses elsewhere. Maybe he only loses by 8-10.
SamTilden2020

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 05:48:11 PM »

Kander and Bayh tie the senate. Helps Koster and Gregg and the downballot dems (Koster, Gregg, Yoder, and possibly Coleman win)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies