Labor National Convention – Fall 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:31:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor National Convention – Fall 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor National Convention – Fall 2017  (Read 2950 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: October 04, 2017, 10:33:01 PM »

LABOR PARTY OF ATLASIA

FALL 2017 NATIONAL CONVENTION
Atlanta, Georgia

Delegates, sign in!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 11:22:40 PM »

Not to worry, I'm acting under orders. Historically, the LNC's Deputy Chair was responsible for opening the convention anyways — it's only recently that the Chair took over that job.

Oh, it's a fun story. Technically, NeverAgain should have conducted a vote at the last convention — but instead he blew himself up, and in the ensuing chaos I guess everyone forgot about it. Tongue Under these circumstances, it was up to the LNC to pick a city. By tradition, the convention site rotates from region to region; the Summer Convention was in Fremont and the Winter Convention in Lincoln, so this month we're in the South. As for Atlanta specifically — I just finished rereading the last few chapters of McPherson's Battle Hymn of the Republic, so the city was on my mind. That and Adam. Wink
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 03:13:45 PM »

Alright! Per the bylaws, our first order of business is the election of a new Labor National Committee; as soon as Ted gives the official word, delegates will have forty-eight (48) hours to nominate candidates for Chair and Deputy Chair.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 05:25:06 PM »

Seconding the nomination of Scott for Deputy Chair.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 10:06:01 PM »

Remember when the going narrative was how Labor was basically a police state, mercilessly punishing anyone who dared to cross party lines? LOL.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 03:22:51 PM »

I would like to remind the convention that I will not be seeking reelection to the Senate in December, so we should probably find a candidate for that post soon.

Thank you for the heads-up.
VPH?
I'd support VPH for the nomination, if he wants it.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 09:47:29 PM »

As it is laughable that this party has sunk to the point where only 1 candidate from it is running for house, I encourage the party to immediately vote on a motion to dissolve.
We are deeply appreciative of your concern, Wulfric; though considering as your last campaign for public office earned you a whopping three votes, you will forgive us if we take your advice with a grain of salt.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies